No announcement yet.

Help us increase coverage!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think it would be a good idea for FR24 to supply 30cm or so of tape in the kit they send out, i put mine up without any.
    FR24 Feeder Station F-CYFC1.

Comment

• We are investigating the option to add vulcanizing tape in the package.

EDIT. And now I got confirmation that we have tape in stock and it will be included in next delivery.

Comment

• I got my self-amalgamating tape from an automotive store. I've used high quality electrical tape but will be using the self-amalgamating tape, when I get the chance to replace the mast (been extremely busy).
        F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

Comment

• Originally posted by AircraftSpotterPH View Post
          Are There Self Amalgamating Tape for sale in the PHILIPPINES?

I am Hosting The F-RPLL2 Receiver
          Your industrial electrical supply will have it. it is rubber tape with sticky on both sides. Of course it may have a local name here in the Philippines. Scotch Brand 3M. One roll is a lifetime supply.

John

F-RPVD1

Comment

• Originally posted by peterhr View Post
            look to someone who installs satellite TV systems - it's used to seal the connectors at the dish end.
            There is a heavy white or clear paste I used to water tite 2.1 gig satellite connections. When placed inside the male connection and tightened to the female, it filled the voids hydraulically and bonded to the conductors. A double layer of electrical tape across the connection from rubber sheath to rubber sheath even when directly buried worked.

Advanced sealants for wireless, radar, satellite, radio and marine networks Seals and protects all types of cable, wire and connectors from moisture and corrosion Ideal for all types of antennas, wireless networks, radar, cable, satellite dishes, marine and aviation electronics, and any application requiring protection from the weather Adheres to all cable and wire hardware and cable …

John

F-RPVD1

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
              We are investigating the option to add vulcanizing tape in the package.

EDIT. And now I got confirmation that we have tape in stock and it will be included in next delivery.
              Do note, in your manual, to always start taping from bottom to top, to overlay the layers properly and keep the water out.
              Sometimes having no tape at all is best. This will keep the water from staying near the plug and just drain down/evaporate.
              If you have a proper plug, which i think the FR24 antenne/cable has, no tape should be required.

Comment

• With self amalgamating tape it makes no difference where you start as it fuses into a single lump, your advice though is good if you are using ordinary electrical tape as it will ensure that water cannot run down between the layers, the important thing to remember with self amalgamating tape is to stretch it so it shrinks down onto the connector and cable, I have removed 20-year old tape and the connector looked like new (and that is in British weather!)
                Ben.

Originally posted by Jarod View Post
                Do note, in your manual, to always start taping from bottom to top, to overlay the layers properly and keep the water out.
                Sometimes having no tape at all is best. This will keep the water from staying near the plug and just drain down/evaporate.
                If you have a proper plug, which i think the FR24 antenne/cable has, no tape should be required.
                FR24 F-EGLF1, Blitzortung station 878, OGN Aldersht2, PilotAware PWAldersht, PlanePlotter M7.

Comment

• Hello, I just receive email this morning that i got approved to host. I am located in Artesia California. 7 miles away from Long beach Airport and 25 miles away from Los Angeles Airport. It took a couple months before i got approved.

Graciano

Comment

• I have sent another application to host another unit for my house in the Philippines in Luzon. There is also a small airport (SFE) that is active but not use for commercial planes. Internet speed there is 2.5 mbps down / 768k up.

Graciano

Comment

• I hope that you can be approved so that the coverage in the Philippines will Increase.
                      Ice
                      F-RPLL3

Comment

• Originally posted by GracianoAncheta View Post
                        I have sent another application to host another unit for my house in the Philippines in Luzon. There is also a small airport (SFE) that is active but not use for commercial planes. Internet speed there is 2.5 mbps down / 768k up.

Graciano
                        What town on Luzon is it located? San Fernando City? Are you going to be available to install and maintain it when something happens?

It might be best if the renter, family members apply since they are on the ground to install and maintain the system.

I believe another host is on the Lingayen Gulf and it is F-RPUB1.

John

F-RPVD1

Comment

• Originally posted by paradiselost View Post
                          What town on Luzon is it located? San Fernando City? Are you going to be available to install and maintain it when something happens?

It might be best if the renter, family members apply since they are on the ground to install and maintain the system.

I believe another host is on the Lingayen Gulf and it is F-RPUB1.

John

F-RPVD1
                          Its in San Fernando, La Union around town proper. I have somebody there that will maintain it and check it right away if there is something not working right. I have 100% communications with them all the time.

Graciano

Comment

• A new big batch of receivers is leaving our factory this week to hosts around the world.

Cars = already shipped
                            Green = to be shipped this week
                            Missing on map is Tanzania, Mozambique, South Korea and a couple more special deliveries.
                            Most receivers for Argentina are stuck in customs. We are looking for a solution.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              A new big batch of receivers is leaving our factory this week to hosts around the world.

Cars = already shipped
                              Green = to be shipped this week
                              Missing on map is Tanzania, Mozambique, South Korea and a couple more special deliveries.
                              Most receivers for Argentina are stuck in customs. We are looking for a solution.
                              Special deliveries?

Looks like 1 to Pontianak, 1 to Balikpapan and ?1 to Tarakan for Borneo...

Comment

• Greetings,

I just installed the mode-s receiver here in Artesia California USA today. I will try to work on the pics for my house (Philippines) to submit it to fr24.

Graciano.

Comment

Working...
                                X