• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dundee
    replied
    Post in wrong Topic.
    Sorry about that...
    Last edited by Dundee; 2013-09-13, 10:26.

Leave a comment:

• Birdie
    replied
    Originally posted by peterhr View Post
    Just curious, Has anyone measured the internet traffic volume in/out for an FR24 feed over - say - a month?

This might seem a strange question these days when everyone has broadband and the usage is classed as trivial - but for people in remote locations with a higher priced satellite connection (like community Internet users on Christmas or Cocos islands http://www.ciia.cx/home.html), it could be relevant.
    I am also keen to find out.

Since it is claimed the FR24 receiver update the FR24.com Server every second and WSSS have very heavy traffic 24/7 = I wonder how much Upload Data I am using to feed FR24.com per month.

Leave a comment:

• peterhr
    replied
    Just curious, Has anyone measured the internet traffic volume in/out for an FR24 feed over - say - a month?

This might seem a strange question these days when everyone has broadband and the usage is classed as trivial - but for people in remote locations with a higher priced satellite connection (like community Internet users on Christmas or Cocos islands http://www.ciia.cx/home.html), it could be relevant.

Leave a comment:

• Birdie
    replied
    Mike .. shhhhhh... not so loud.

The competitor will have a hard time living up to their claims of 9 to 15 times the number of receivers in their network.

100 x 15 = 1,500 receivers to be sent out per week is tough to achieve.

Leave a comment:

• Caboosey
    replied
    I applied for the free FR24. Still awaiting for FR24 receiver. Station will be located in Pismo Beach, CA, United States near San Luis Obispo Regional Airport (KSBP). I live right under a major airway between KLAX and KSFO.

Leave a comment:

• Mike
    replied
    As SoCalBrian quoted from our Facebook post almost 100 receivers was sent out from Germany this week. I don't have the exact numbers but I would estimate roughly 30 Europe, 30 North America, 30 rest of the world.

Leave a comment:

• North Borneo Radar
    replied
    Originally posted by Birdie View Post
    Thanks .

Better get someone in Haikou or Sanya in Hainan Island (PRC) to host that receiver. Hainan Island is under the direct path of flights from China & HK to Bangkok and WSSS.
    Could only be patient for now... just like when we wanted a feeder at WADD. Now, let's just hope there's a receiver at Haikou/Sanya with good coverage soon. In the mean time I am waiting for news when the FR24 receiver will be for sale.
    Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2013-08-25, 09:49.

Leave a comment:

• Birdie
    replied
    Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
    Birdie,

one receiver heading your way... or perhaps they could just recall the Hanoi VVNB receiver and get it sent to you, it hardly gets online and coverage is limited.. what a waste of a 500 euro++ receiver!!!
    Thanks .

Better get someone in Haikou or Sanya in Hainan Island (PRC) to host that receiver. Hainan Island is under the direct path of flights from China & HK to Bangkok and WSSS.
    Last edited by Birdie; 2013-08-25, 03:34.

Leave a comment:

• North Borneo Radar
    replied
    Originally posted by SoCalBrian View Post
    fyi FR24 Users

Flightradar24.com We have sent out almost 100 receivers this week, so coverage will increase within the next weeks.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...ent_id=1587174
    Birdie,

one receiver heading your way... or perhaps they could just recall the Hanoi VVNB receiver and get it sent to you, it hardly gets online and coverage is limited.. what a waste of a 500 euro++ receiver!!!

Leave a comment:

• Birdie
    replied
    Originally posted by SoCalBrian View Post
    fyi FR24 Users

Flightradar24.com We have sent out almost 100 receivers this week, so coverage will increase within the next weeks.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...ent_id=1587174
    At this rate, THAT competitor will have a hard time catching up getting connected ( it claimed to have between 9 - 15 times the number of receivers of THEIR competitors, i.e. if competitor has 1 receiver, it has 9 -15 receivers ).

But, I saw plenty of miserable empty air spaces without aircrafts in their Coverage Map.

Leave a comment:

• SoCalBrian
    replied
    fyi FR24 Users

Melde dich bei Facebook an, um dich mit deinen Freunden, deiner Familie und Personen, die du kennst, zu verbinden und Inhalte zu teilen.

Leave a comment:

• SoCalBrian
    replied
    YouTube Video: Flightradar24 ADS-B receiver box is working.......

Some more photos.
    Flightradar24-Receiver-Kit.jpg

Flightradar24-ReceiverKit.jpg
    Last edited by SoCalBrian; 2013-08-22, 07:51.

Leave a comment:

• speedbird1960
    replied
    Originally posted by fextreme View Post
    I live next to the international airport Professor Urbano Ernesto Stumpf

Brasil - São Paulo - São José dos Campos / -23,2066, -45,8893
    You need to follow the instructions in this link: http://www.flightradar24.com/increase-coverage

Leave a comment:

• fextreme
    replied
    increase Flightradar24’s

I live next to the international airport Professor Urbano Ernesto Stumpf

Brasil - São Paulo - São José dos Campos / -23,2066, -45,8893

Leave a comment:

• SoCalBrian
    replied
    You could check with Dave at DPD. See if he can hook you up with custom cable & Antenna for your DVB-T stick.
    He ships from California
    DPD Productions has numerous antennas designed specifically for Air/Aviation communications use, shown below. There are models available for the 118-136 MHz voice air band, in both base and mobile versions. These can be utilized by an FBO, or in any type of base ops setup. They can also work as a dedicated receive ante

Leave a comment:

Working...
X