X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birdie
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike View Post
    On Friday another 40 receivers were shipped from Germany.

THAT poor competitor now has to send out 350 to 600 receivers ( as claimed 9 to 15 times more receivers than competitions ) to provide their "unique" coverage. LOL

Leave a comment:

• iz5dmq
    replied
    i will pick down the d777 from the top because i 'm changing that vertical antenna with an home made 10 elements yagi to cover all my north . in this moment i can receive Rome , Milan , Florence , Pisa App, twr and radar but i would like to receive Padova radar in north east of my country, and i need more dBs.

this is the station from down the street

IMG_1990.jpg

Leave a comment:

• North Borneo Radar
    replied
    Originally posted by iz5dmq View Post
    yes next week i 'll go to my store to buy the new RF cable.

for my HF antenna i'm using RG213 and for my VHF receiver D777 an aircell 5

for my FR24 box i will use LMR400 but probably LMR600
    this is my station and the antenna position now[ATTACH=CONFIG]2812[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2813[/ATTACH]
    Hello there,

neat and tidy your station...

oh my... that antenna, that really big one. HUGE. for HF is it?

It's up to you which cable you wanna go for... both will do good. Is there enough space to mount the ADS-B antenna higher???

thanks for sharing!
    Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2013-10-27, 14:35.

Leave a comment:

• iz5dmq
    replied
    yes next week i 'll go to my store to buy the new RF cable.

for my HF antenna i'm using RG213 and for my VHF receiver D777 an aircell 5

for my FR24 box i will use LMR400 but probably LMR600
    this is my station and the antenna position nowIMG_1983.jpgIMG_1989.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Mike
    replied
    It's paid by premium sales, ads and app sales. We think the global coverage is something that many of us would like to see, and we will get there sooner or later.

Leave a comment:

• Shaggy8675
    replied
    40 receivers.. damn..

Call me stupid, but who pays for all of this? Sponsors, airlines, add's? I mean, it's not like a kilo of flower, it's expensive equipment.

Leave a comment:

• Mike
    replied
    On Friday another 40 receivers were shipped from Germany. This time about 30 was sent to locations outside of Europe, including USA, Canada, Brazil, Indonesia, China, Australia, Thailand, New Zealand, Russia, Vietnam and Vanuatu.

Leave a comment:

• 1090 MHz
    replied
    Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post

....... as you are a HAM operator, you can change your cable to a thicker 50ohm coax to your desired length. Westflex 103 LDF4-50 LMR400 to name some examples.
    I totally agree, the loss on LMR-400 is only 1/4 of what it is on RG58 @ 1000MHz. I'm running 50 feet of LMR-400 on my FR24 installation and have had fantastic results. Anyone who's a HAM will know this, and I can tell Metro6 is a Pro so I'm sure he'll be using LMR-400. See my tower Metro6: http://ads-b.ca/

Leave a comment:

• North Borneo Radar
    replied
    hallo
    yes the tower is on my patio...i have all the last floor the property is all mine..i'm radioamateur with a first licence and call IZ5DMQ the tower is a triangular fixed tower about 25 feets from the patio and 40 from the street level.
    on the top i have my 3 elements yagi antenna and a diamond D777 , for now, because the RF cable of adb-s antenna is a little short for top level use.

during now the antenna is 6 feets down the top but the reception is very good.

i will pickup some pics during the day and show here

i'm very happy you like

bye
    Wow. cool... pics would be great, just like what 1090Mhz mentioned.

On another note, IF (a big if) you are willing and as you are a HAM operator, you can change your cable to a thicker 50ohm coax to your desired length. Westflex 103 LDF4-50 LMR400 to name some examples. I am sure you know where to get cables if you want to. Getting a cable at the desired length and you able to install the ADS-B antenna at the highest you can go would be fantastic.

this is my screenshot of my radar after the FR24 box installed and connected to the antenna on my ham tower for my radioamateur activity.

what do you think abt? can anyone show to me in "3 words" the mean of the colours white and olive green?
    i hope you like my cover
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]2807[/ATTACH]
    I don't use radar view often so I might get things wrong.

Go to "settings" at the upper right. It will the show the meaning of colours. White - plane cruising i.e. FL380. ; olive green means plane descending (you are seeing more green when you descend imagine you are in the cockpit)

Ciao.
    Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2013-10-26, 23:46.

Leave a comment:

• iz5dmq
    replied
    hallo
    yes the tower is on my patio...i have all the last floor the property is all mine..i'm radioamateur with a first licence and call IZ5DMQ the tower is a triangular fixed tower about 25 feets from the patio and 40 from the street level.
    on the top i have my 3 elements yagi antenna and a diamond D777 , for now, because the RF cable of adb-s antenna is a little short for top level use.

during now the antenna is 6 feets down the top but the reception is very good.

i will pickup some pics during the day and show here

i'm very happy you like

bye

Leave a comment:

• 1090 MHz
    replied
    this is my screenshot of my radar after the FR24 box installed and connected to the antenna on my ham tower for my radioamateur activity.

what do you think abt? can anyone show to me in "3 words" the mean of the colours white and olive green?
    i hope you like my cover
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]2807[/ATTACH]
    Very nice website Metro6 .... amazing photos!

Your HAM tower, is that on an Apartment building ? Please show us some photos of your ADS-B antenna installation up there.

Leave a comment:

• iz5dmq
    replied

i hope you like my cover
    radar.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Andrew Dale
    replied
    Speedbird1960 Oh i know delays can happen just a little shocking, because another FR24 member who is about 2.5 hrs from me, got his package actually sent out about 3 days after it was posted and recieved in about 6 days later. Just strange. But oh well at least its on its way.

Leave a comment:

• speedbird1960
    replied
    Originally posted by Andrew Dale View Post
    So i got a msg on the 17th of October that my FR24 package was posted in Germany for international shipment on the 15th of October. Been waiting to hear anything via the tracking number given, well last nite early morning i recieved a msg from the Germany postal site that the item was handed over to the international logistics center Frankfurt on Oct 26 to be forwarded to Canada. Then when i checked out postal site here in canada, it said that on 2013/10/26 at 02:09 DEFRAA Germany International Item has left originating country and is en route to Canada. Wow cant beleive it sat around for 11 days before acatually been sent to Canada.

If it holds true, it will have take almost 3 weeks for the package to arrive to me here in Canada.

I am so glad we have top notch postal services world wide. LOL
    Delays can be caused for many reasons, including Customs and Drug checks.

Leave a comment:

• Andrew Dale
    replied
    So i got a msg on the 17th of October that my FR24 package was posted in Germany for international shipment on the 15th of October. Been waiting to hear anything via the tracking number given, well last nite early morning i recieved a msg from the Germany postal site that the item was handed over to the international logistics center Frankfurt on Oct 26 to be forwarded to Canada. Then when i checked out postal site here in canada, it said that on 2013/10/26 at 02:09 DEFRAA Germany International Item has left originating country and is en route to Canada. Wow cant beleive it sat around for 11 days before acatually been sent to Canada.

If it holds true, it will have take almost 3 weeks for the package to arrive to me here in Canada.

I am so glad we have top notch postal services world wide. LOL

Leave a comment:

Working...
X