Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help us increase coverage!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by JIASM View Post
    I am interested in helping to increase coverage in Peru South America for SPIM airpot.
    Hi JIASM,

    Are you F-SPIM1 ?

    Seems F-SPIM1 can only track landing flights down to 1600 feet ... I really want to also see ground coverage at SPIM Lima.
    www.ADS-B.ca

    Comment


    • Hi 1090 MHZ
      No, I am not F-SPIM1, although I am still interested in increasing coverave and making it possible to have ground coverage. What are the requirements for this to happen??

      Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

      Comment


      • Originally posted by JIASM View Post
        Hi 1090 MHZ
        No, I am not F-SPIM1, although I am still interested in increasing coverave and making it possible to have ground coverage. What are the requirements for this to happen??

        Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
        For the free FR24 equipment you apply from here: http://www.flightradar24.com/free-ads-b-equipment

        Applications can take weeks to months time as per advised by FR24 admin team.

        If you want to get your own set up (which will be assigned a T-XXXX radarcode) there is a wide range of choices from the rpi + R820T dongle (popular) to the rolls royce like the radarcape which is FR24's box.

        rpi thread: http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...e-to-feed-FR24

        radarcape: http://www.shop-modesbeast.com/

        then there is the kinetic sbs3/puck: http://www.taylormaderf.co.uk/page47...t-78/store.php

        and many other more... which you can look around in the forum.

        and of course antenna.. which you can find it at the best antenna hardware thread for DIYs.

        I am not affliated to any of the products.. and these are just suggestions for you to choose. YMMV.
        Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2014-03-05, 01:36.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by JIASM View Post
          Hi 1090 MHZ
          No, I am not F-SPIM1, although I am still interested in increasing coverave and making it possible to have ground coverage. What are the requirements for this to happen??
          Hi JIASM,

          Glad you're still interested... It's my understanding you're 14 km from SPIM (Lima Airport) and have a 3 story building to place the antenna on top?

          I have family in Peru and tracked their flight ACA80 all the way from Toronto last night and lost them at 5000 feet on approach to Lima.

          FR24 really needs someone like you to cover SPIM up close... I'm hoping Mike reads this and gets your FR24 radio shipping out to you soon.

          Thanks to all involved in helping increase coverage to Lima.
          www.ADS-B.ca

          Comment


          • Thanks north borneo radar, I already signed up some months ago for the free receiver, I am still waiting to receive any contact from the flight radar 24 team.

            Also thanks 1090 MHZ, yeah lets hope Mike read this, I want to contribute to have finally ground traffic.

            Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

            Comment


            • Originally posted by JIASM View Post
              Thanks north borneo radar, I already signed up some months ago for the free receiver, I am still waiting to receive any contact from the flight radar 24 team.

              Also thanks 1090 MHZ, yeah lets hope Mike read this, I want to contribute to have finally ground traffic.
              JIASM, email me at ADS-B.ca

              Thanks
              Last edited by 1090 MHz; 2014-03-11, 00:53.
              www.ADS-B.ca

              Comment


              • I just sent you an email

                Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

                Comment


                • Originally posted by JIASM View Post
                  Thanks north borneo radar, I already signed up some months ago for the free receiver, I am still waiting to receive any contact from the flight radar 24 team.

                  Also thanks 1090 MHZ, yeah lets hope Mike read this, I want to contribute to have finally ground traffic.

                  Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
                  Well... if that's the case (application send months ago), perhaps they are not considering to send one to you. Let's see what happens then. A raspberry pi + dongle set up would be the way to get something working around your area perhaps.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
                    Well... if that's the case (application send months ago), perhaps they are not considering to send one to you. Let's see what happens then. A raspberry pi + dongle set up would be the way to get something working around your area perhaps.
                    Hope not being considered is not the case, because I think it would be great to have another station if the other goes down for some reason, and maybe this time having ground traffic at SPIM, and not loosing flights in mid air.

                    If someone knows what is the usual waiting period for a FR24 receiver??

                    Comment


                    • Increasing your Odds of Getting Selected---Documentation

                      Originally posted by JIASM View Post
                      Hope not being considered is not the case, because I think it would be great to have another station if the other goes down for some reason, and maybe this time having ground traffic at SPIM, and not loosing flights in mid air.

                      If someone knows what is the usual waiting period for a FR24 receiver??
                      The request for more information including the 4 pictures from your location also asks for more information, this is where to provide documentation on who and where you are and how reliable you would be for FR24. If you are just playing around with dongles a few hours a day, you are not going to be a good 750 Euros investment for FR24. Their investment requires a 24/7 commitment.

                      Ads-b requires line of sight and the effect of curvature of the earth. What would any antenna see from atop a mast from your location. Documentation of this can be determined by a profile on this site. http://www.heywhatsthat.com/. Each profile of a particular location/antenna height will have a unique URL for each profile you create. You should do this to show what your potential value will be to FR24.

                      The profile will show natural obstructions like hills or mountains out to 200 miles but will not show man made buildings or leafy trees on your neighbors yard. Each obstructs the ADS-B signal between the target and your receiver. Document..Document..Document. Example:


                      A verification of this range can come from the use of a dongle and running the basestation program adbsSCOPE and the maxrange display over a weeks continuous running so that all of the resolved aircraft within 200 miles range can produce a maxrange plot. This pic of this graph submitted is documentation of what your setup is doing. This will closely follow what http://www.heywhatsthat.com/ showed.


                      Only about 3% of the applicants that apply for the free FR24 system go to this much trouble but most are approved as money for hardware is available. If you have applied previously lite of documentation, apply again with more documentation and your history of feeding and stability.

                      The FR24 system is Industrial Grade so make sure your application has the information the team needs to make an affirmative decision.

                      John

                      F-RPVD1
                      T-RPVD1

                      Comment


                      • Great link to heywhatsthat.com - while playing with my dongle & Pi, I'm getting a close match
                        - the blue line on the map represents FL380, the ADSB scope 24 hours running
                        20140206a.jpg20140206b.jpg

                        The notchs in the 1 O'clock and 10 O'clock positions marks where there's a tree - when it grows leaves the notch will be bigger
                        Last edited by peterhr; 2014-03-06, 20:25.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by JIASM View Post
                          Hope not being considered is not the case, because I think it would be great to have another station if the other goes down for some reason, and maybe this time having ground traffic at SPIM, and not loosing flights in mid air.

                          If someone knows what is the usual waiting period for a FR24 receiver??
                          So far we have receiver about 8800 applications.
                          From about 50% of the applications we have asked for more information (pictures and so on). For example we are not making any information requests for most locations in Europe right now, unless it's a "special location".
                          About 50% of the requests are answered and about 50% of the answered applications are approved. That gives about 1300 shipped receivers so far.
                          We are requesting more information and approving applications based on many different factors, not necessary by application number/date. Every week we request information and approve from application numbers between 1 and highest number. Last week we shipped between application number 1052 and 8696. This week we have requested information from many locations in South America with very low application numbers.

                          That means that all applications are saved and may be used any time. Thank you very much to everyone applying!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            So far we have receiver about 8800 applications.
                            From about 50% of the applications we have asked for more information (pictures and so on). For example we are not making any information requests for most locations in Europe right now, unless it's a "special location".
                            About 50% of the requests are answered and about 50% of the answered applications are approved. That gives about 1300 shipped receivers so far.
                            We are requesting more information and approving applications based on many different factors, not necessary by application number/date. Every week we request information and approve from application numbers between 1 and highest number. Last week we shipped between application number 1052 and 8696. This week we have requested information from many locations in South America with very low application numbers.

                            That means that all applications are saved and may be used any time. Thank you very much to everyone applying!
                            Hello Mike thanks for the information, I will send any information you require when the time comes.

                            Comment


                            • If you don't want to wait, you can always order the Radarcape. It's the same 'hardware'.
                              Once you hook everything up to the radarcape it will automatically start uploading to FR24 server.
                              It doesn't cost very much to buy your own box.
                              http://www.modesbeast.com/radarcape.html


                              Originally posted by JIASM View Post
                              Thanks north borneo radar, I already signed up some months ago for the free receiver, I am still waiting to receive any contact from the flight radar 24 team.
                              Brian

                              www.RadarSpotters.eu
                              [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

                              Comment


                              • I am just in the suburbs of Colombo city, I can mount on a high location but you cannot see 360 degrees right down to the horizon. Are you interested in such a location (6.919588, 79.979395). Thank you. Thiagan

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X