No announcement yet.

Help us increase coverage!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish FR24 could contact feeder T-ZHNY2 and ask whether the user is keen to have a FR24 kit. Coverage from the feeder is quite good. Just that it cannot provide 24/7 feed. I don't mind to help asking in mandarin. The FR24 kit sent to near that region is offline for good, the user seems to have decided to sent the receiver back. ?worry about the authorities?

Same goes for feeder T-RJOC1 in Japan where it range extends to eastern part of South Korea, but I cant do Japanese.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
      Approved today
      Kuala Lumpur
      Zamboanga
      Santos City

Already in shipment
      Davao City
      Da Nang
      Pekanbaru
      Jakarta
      Yogyakarta
      Malang
      Waingapu
      Semarang
      Any status update on the three cities in the Philippines? The Davao City unit appears to be be hung up because no activation has been announced. Also, here in the Philippines the customs duty has to be paid at the post office before the package is released. If approved and notified it has been shipped, check daily at the post office to see if it has arrived because notification by the postal service is spotty at best.

John

T-RPVD1

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

Comment

• Does Paris area will have more FR24 receivers in near futur ?

Comment

• Originally posted by paradiselost View Post
          Any status update on the three cities in the Philippines? The Davao City unit appears to be be hung up because no activation has been announced. Also, here in the Philippines the customs duty has to be paid at the post office before the package is released. If approved and notified it has been shipped, check daily at the post office to see if it has arrived because notification by the postal service is spotty at best.
          Receivers have been sent so it's just about waiting now. It's one of 3 countries where receivers have been lost before so you never know what to expect.

Comment

• Originally posted by hillel24 View Post
            Does Paris area will have more FR24 receivers in near futur ?
            2 have been delivered in Paris and are waiting for installation.
            4 have been shipped to central/southern France.
            4 are approved for shipping to France but not shipped yet.

North eastern part, around Metz, is still missing receivers and we hope to get some applications from there.

Comment

• General Santos in Philippines is now online.

Comment

General Santos in Philippines is now online.
                Nice,. I told him he should apply,. as cover is very thin there..
                (F-EDLE1)delcomp-DEL-David Tks(My friend Mike, all three of them)

URL: http://banner.flightdiary.net/EDLM
                1090SJ(Ae) /(6m. Ecoflex10) / SBS 3 /-FR24 Box/ Power-line Connection (Ethernet)

Comment

• hi,
                  I live in France, in French Alps near Italy, and between 2 airports in a house with an easy acces to the roof.
                  I will be realy happy and proud to be part of the process.
                  I filled out the form and now I am waiting for Sant Klauss.

Comment

• I have a question.
                    When you receive the equipment and turn it on, how long dies it take before you see data from your feed ? Does something need to be turned on a FR24 end first for data to appear ?
                    F-YBNA2

Comment

• Originally posted by Lancair70 View Post
                      I have a question.
                      When you receive the equipment and turn it on, how long dies it take before you see data from your feed ? Does something need to be turned on a FR24 end first for data to appear ?
                      Mine took about 18 hours, after it was connect to the Internet and powered up, before I started to see my ID of F-CYYZ2 showing up on the website.
                      www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

• It needs to be activated manually. I just activated 3 units in Australia. When it gets activated you should receive a welcome email with all information about the receiver within 5 min to 12 h.

Comment

• Mike. What does actually happen when a FR24 receiver is plugged in for the first time? When does the R code get issued, when does it become an 'F-', at what stages does the config need the human touch?

Comment

• Originally posted by peterhr View Post
                            Mike. What does actually happen when a FR24 receiver is plugged in for the first time? When does the R code get issued, when does it become an 'F-', at what stages does the config need the human touch?

When the host informs FR24 that its running and it is Activated..

And,. If you want to see what your recieveing,. (As a F- reciever) I would
                            recommend VRS.. Im mainly on English Chat, if any assistance is required.
                            Last edited by delcomp; 2014-01-06, 07:54.
                            (F-EDLE1)delcomp-DEL-David Tks(My friend Mike, all three of them)

URL: http://banner.flightdiary.net/EDLM
                            1090SJ(Ae) /(6m. Ecoflex10) / SBS 3 /-FR24 Box/ Power-line Connection (Ethernet)

Comment

• When a new feeder connects a receiver it shows up in our FR24 system as "new device". We can check if GPS/timing is working. We also decide if MLAT should be activated and which MLAT server should be used. Once we press the "activate" button the F-code is assigned and receiver is restarting with the new configuration. After reboot (2-5 minutes) it starts feeding FR24 and a temporarily code is shown until all servers have been updated with the permanent F-code.

After the activation the system is also sending out an email to the host with information about how to use the receiver.

Comment

When a new feeder connects a receiver it shows up in our FR24 system as "new device". We can check if GPS/timing is working. We also decide if MLAT should be activated and which MLAT server should be used. Once we press the "activate" button the F-code is assigned and receiver is restarting with the new configuration. After reboot (2-5 minutes) it starts feeding FR24 and a temporarily code is shown until all servers have been updated with the permanent F-code.

After the activation the system is also sending out an email to the host with information about how to use the receiver.
                                Thanks Mike, that does answer a lot of questions about what the R codes are and when they get replaced by the F- idents that we see.

Comment

Working...
                                X