• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HermanZA
    replied
    Originally posted by SoCalBrian View Post
    I think Saudi Arabia doesn't like it.
    They have been known to send the FR24 boxes back to FR24.

South Africa might be another place that doesn't like it.
    As far as I know, it's not a case of it not being liked by the Authorities, they are at times just ill-informed, and have more burocratic schlep than anything else. Why coverage ain't so good here in South Africa: many reasons, like not too many international flights interesting the world, shoddy Internet, and also more older AC who aren't fully ADS-B equipped. ( of the 259 I picked up today, less than a 100 could be placed on a map)

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• peterhr
    replied
    It also depends on easy unrestricted Internet access. Is this available in China the stans other 3rd world places.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Mike
    replied
    Originally posted by cdnexpat View Post
    Strange that Russia has good coverage, but China and the Stans don't...
    I think there is a big interest in aviation in most East European countries including Russia.

Leave a comment:

• cdnexpat
    replied
    Strange that Russia has good coverage, but China and the Stans don't...

Leave a comment:

• SoCalBrian
    replied
    I think Saudi Arabia doesn't like it.
    They have been known to send the FR24 boxes back to FR24.

South Africa might be another place that doesn't like it.

Hello Peter,

Do you know of any country that frown upon tracking flights?

Leave a comment:

• cdnexpat
    replied
    Hello Peter,

Do you know of any country that frown upon tracking flights?

Leave a comment:

• Amper
    replied
    you can buy radarcape or dongle on the e-bay or amazon or apply for free FR24box
    Last edited by speedbird1960; 2014-03-16, 07:49. Reason: radarcape edit

Leave a comment:

• 75Tommo
    replied
    Silly question , but are these for sale ? and if so how much are they ?

Cheers Andrew

Leave a comment:

• peterhr
    replied
    Hello FR24,

I now work in Afghanistan, and live in Uzbekistan, Tashkent. I saw that the coverage in this part of the world is pretty spotty.
    I have no objection in paying for equipment, as it will be a retirement hobby. I can probably operate two sets, using 24 hour on line modems. In Afghanistan, we go off-line a few minutes, twice a day, during generator change overs. In Tashkent, they have once in a while a 2 hour power cut. My Tashkent location has a view of airport operations.
    Let me know if we can talk.
    Cheers,
    There is a link on the main page to apply for supurb loan equipment. Lots of others put together a receiver based on a USB dongle - it depends if you get approved for equipment or if you enjoy the challenge of DIY which appeals most.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• JH_Atkinson
    replied
    Coverage in IOM

Originally posted by Mike View Post
    During the first hour, we have received 70 applications. Most applications come from Brazil (about 20). We will contact everyone who applied to get more information! Thanks to everyone who applied!
    Hello

How is the coverage in the Isle of Man?

I live in the Douglas area, just about in the middle.

Leave a comment:

• cdnexpat
    replied
    Hello FR24,

I now work in Afghanistan, and live in Uzbekistan, Tashkent. I saw that the coverage in this part of the world is pretty spotty.
    I have no objection in paying for equipment, as it will be a retirement hobby. I can probably operate two sets, using 24 hour on line modems. In Afghanistan, we go off-line a few minutes, twice a day, during generator change overs. In Tashkent, they have once in a while a 2 hour power cut. My Tashkent location has a view of airport operations.
    Let me know if we can talk.
    Cheers,

Leave a comment:

• cdnexpat
    replied
    Originally posted by 1090 MHz View Post
    Possibly there is no way to ship into Iran the FR24 radio because of the embargo and Government restriction?
    You should try to have it shipped through Afghanistan or Dubai. I see that Iran has poor coverage.
    Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• YSWG
    replied
    Originally posted by SoCalBrian View Post
    Take the tax out and it's cheaper for people in other countries to order.

The Radarcape and Antenna = 595.00 € without VAT tax = 825.32 US Dollar < The price includes shipping.
    Cheaper? While we don't need to pay VAT, the difference in the dollar (both US, AUD and NZD for example) and the cost of exchanging currency (fees) make it rather expensive. The cost of 595.00 € is $919.83 (AUD) in Australia (very close to the amount [$1000] that we need to pay 10% GST, even the extra costs such as postage/shipping is included as the cost of the item by Australian Customs) and $971.13 (NZD) in New Zealand (plus 5% duty for the antenna, 15% GST and IETF $29.26) makes that $1194.62 (NZD).

Leave a comment:

• peterhr
    replied
    It's a pity FR24 don't have a lower cost kit that could be sent to 'places of interest' where it's no justifiable to send a radarcape (places where there is not a 360 view, where seeking mainly to provide airport ground cover, to fill in holes in coverage)

Leave a comment:

• Breitling
    replied
    That's what I think, 600€ is not cheap for a piece of hardware doing the same thing than an 8€ dongle. Yes, I know they are completely different in performance, but if I only want to know which aircraft is right now over my head both devices do the same.

Anyway, this is a good reason to thank FR24 for lending a top-end hardware at no cost.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X