Help us increase coverage!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike,

I wonder which part of Thailand the box was sent to.

Kanok

Sent from my iPad 2 Limited Ed. using Tapatalk HD
    T-VTBD1 : RadarBox 3km North of VTBD
    T-VTBD2 : RPi MLAT 300m South of VTBD

Comment

• Originally posted by Kanok View Post
      Mike,

I wonder which part of Thailand the box was sent to.

Kanok

hopefully one to replace receiver F-VTUZ1 which has been missing in action for months... anywhere near there would be ok.

Comment

• Bangkok & Hat Yai + I can see one is shipped to Da Nang in Vietnam.

Comment

• Why don't you make a deal with a global company like AVIS or McDonalds who are present in a lot of airports to host your receivers in exchange for some ads on the site?

Comment

• F-WBGG1 is not going to be happy with me.

I did some minor adjustments to my antenna system and I almost intruded into his home.

3 Nov 2013 flight until near Sambas Borneo.jpg
            F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdie View Post
              F-WBGG1 is not going to be happy with me.

I did some minor adjustments to my antenna system and I almost intruded into his home.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2852[/ATTACH]
              What kind of an antenna do you use?
              www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

• Originally posted by 1090 MHz View Post
                What kind of an antenna do you use?
                The Russian Antenna bought from Andy.
                F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  Bangkok & Hat Yai + I can see one is shipped to Da Nang in Vietnam.
                  So BKK will have 2 boxes running 24x7, MLAT is very close now.

Kanok

Comment

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
                    hopefully one to replace receiver F-VTUZ1 which has been missing in action for months... anywhere near there would be ok.
                    Yes, F-VTUZ1 has been missing for some time. Hope he and his box still ok. He has nice coverage though. Now there is a gap between T-VLVT1 and my T-VTBD1. Hope some one in the north east will fill it soon.

Kanok

Comment

• Originally posted by Kanok View Post
                      So BKK will have 2 boxes running 24x7, MLAT is very close now.

Kanok

need a few more receivers for MLAT. I will be very excited if BKK has MLAT.

Comment

• 4 receivers in an area does not automatically mean it gets MLAT. MLAT is a separate service activated manually by FR24 team. As MLAT is very time critical a local server is needed and beta testing needs to be done if network speed is enough. 4 receivers is the theoretical need, but it's very hard to get 4 receivers with same coverage, so practically you need 6-8 to start a local network.

For example we have about 10-12 receivers in Sao Paolo - Rio area and we are not able to get MLAT up due to local network speed problems.

Comment

• This weeks approval of 45 receivers includes locations in

Australia
                          Bangladesh
                          Brazil
                          Canada
                          France
                          Germany
                          Greece
                          India
                          Jamaica
                          Italy
                          Ireland
                          Malaysia
                          Mexico
                          Morocco
                          Norway
                          Panama
                          Philippines
                          Portugal
                          Russia
                          South Korea
                          Spain
                          Sweden
                          Ukraine
                          UK
                          USA

You can also apply for a receiver on http://www.flightradar24.com/free-ads-b-equipment

Comment

• Mike,

Whereabouts are the receivers sent to Malaysia and Philippines?

Thanks.

Comment

• I don't believe that there are any feeders in N.Ireland.I say that because many times when I switch on FR24 ,the area is completely devoid of aircraft.I would love to become a feeder in this area but unfortunately I dont believe I satisfy the criteria ie I dont have a 360 degree view of the sky and would be limited in how high I could mount an antenna,but surely some better,albeit limited, coverage here would be of benefit?

Comment

• Originally posted by jedthebass View Post
                                I don't believe that there are any feeders in N.Ireland.I say that because many times when I switch on FR24 ,the area is completely devoid of aircraft.I would love to become a feeder in this area but unfortunately I dont believe I satisfy the criteria ie I dont have a 360 degree view of the sky and would be limited in how high I could mount an antenna,but surely some better,albeit limited, coverage here would be of benefit?
                                Just apply for the free receiver and see what happens really.

From my observation of FR24 receivers around Far East Asia and South East Asia, only very few has true 360 degree views. Some receivers like the Hanoi VVNB one has very limited coverage, the one at Jeju Island RKPC also has limitations to the north. So you never know your chances in a way.

Comment

Working...
                                X