No announcement yet.

Help us increase coverage!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yes next week i 'll go to my store to buy the new RF cable.

for my HF antenna i'm using RG213 and for my VHF receiver D777 an aircell 5

for my FR24 box i will use LMR400 but probably LMR600
    this is my station and the antenna position nowIMG_1983.jpgIMG_1989.jpg
    Luca Bottino - IZ5DMQ
    QTH Loc. JN53FU
    Meteo 6 - Lucca
    www.meteo6.com

Comment

• Originally posted by iz5dmq View Post
      yes next week i 'll go to my store to buy the new RF cable.

for my HF antenna i'm using RG213 and for my VHF receiver D777 an aircell 5

for my FR24 box i will use LMR400 but probably LMR600
      this is my station and the antenna position now[ATTACH=CONFIG]2812[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2813[/ATTACH]
      Hello there,

neat and tidy your station...

oh my... that antenna, that really big one. HUGE. for HF is it?

It's up to you which cable you wanna go for... both will do good. Is there enough space to mount the ADS-B antenna higher???

thanks for sharing!
      Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2013-10-27, 14:35.

Comment

• i will pick down the d777 from the top because i 'm changing that vertical antenna with an home made 10 elements yagi to cover all my north . in this moment i can receive Rome , Milan , Florence , Pisa App, twr and radar but i would like to receive Padova radar in north east of my country, and i need more dBs.

this is the station from down the street

IMG_1990.jpg
        Luca Bottino - IZ5DMQ
        QTH Loc. JN53FU
        Meteo 6 - Lucca
        www.meteo6.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
          On Friday another 40 receivers were shipped from Germany.

THAT poor competitor now has to send out 350 to 600 receivers ( as claimed 9 to 15 times more receivers than competitions ) to provide their "unique" coverage. LOL
          F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

for my FR24 box i will use LMR400 but probably LMR600....
            Just so everyone knows.... LMR-600 is even better then LMR-400 but costs twice as much.

Loss in dB per 100 ft @ 1200 MHz

RG-58 = 21.1 dB
            LMR-400 = 4.8 dB
            LMR-600 = 3.1 dB

LMR-400 has 1/4 the loss of RG58
            LMR-600 has 1/7 the loss of RG58
            www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

i will pick down the d777 from the top because i 'm changing that vertical antenna with an home made 10 elements yagi to cover all my north . in this moment i can receive Rome , Milan , Florence , Pisa App, twr and radar but i would like to receive Padova radar in north east of my country, and i need more dBs.

this is the station from down the street

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2814[/ATTACH]
              Cool... please show us some pics when the antenna is installed at its proper place. grazie. ciao!

Comment

• This weeks shipment will include 40 units with locations in/on

Afganistan
                Australia
                Brazil
                Canada
                Croatia
                Finland
                France
                Georgia
                Germany
                Iceland
                India
                Indonesia
                Italy
                New Zealand
                Norway
                Poland
                Romania
                Russia
                Slovakia
                Spain
                Suriname
                USA

We still have about 100 units in shipment from previous weeks, so look out for fast growing coverage on http://www.flightradar24.com
                If you want to help increase coverage in your region please apply for a FR24 receiver on http://www.flightradar24.com/free-ads-b-equipment

Comment

• Hi guys, this is my first post here!
                  Just wanted to say that job that you are doimg is great!

Anyways, I have submitted an application for getting free equipment. I live in Croatia, near 2 airports. I met all requirements for installing. What chances do I have?
                  It would be really great to help you out.

Best regards,

Itraxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• It very much depends on your location. In areas where we need receivers, we tend to accept a bit worse locations just to get first coverage. Once we have coverage in an area or many applications, our requirements increase. In Croatia we are starting to get MLAT coverage so we will only accept locations with very good visibility, that we really help us with MLAT coverage.

You can find some statistics in this post: http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...ll=1#post39386

Comment

• How do you determine visibility?

Comment

• From Google Maps / Earth and from the pictures we request from some applications. Since a couple of months back we have a very nice tool to semi-automatically handle all applications, that helps us select the best locations.

Comment

• Originally posted by itraxx View Post
                          Hi guys, this is my first post here!
                          Just wanted to say that job that you are doimg is great!

Anyways, I have submitted an application for getting free equipment. I live in Croatia, near 2 airports. I met all requirements for installing. What chances do I have?
                          It would be really great to help you out.

Best regards,

Itraxx

where are you in Croatia?
                          nice to see more interested ppl!
                          one more for good MLAT over Ex-Yu
                          if you need any help feel free to contact me on skype.
                          Pozdrav iz Dubrovnika!

PS. Mike, I see that there is no coverage over Bosnia and Herzegovina. Any reason for that?
                          For official support use Contact Form

Comment

• PS. Mike, I see that there is no coverage over Bosnia and Herzegovina. Any reason for that?[/QUOTE]

I'm not Mike ... But I see lots of flights there, mainly tracked by "F-" radars - maybe you have a filters stopping you seeing them.

(off topic, Just spotted this interesting flight ... http://www.flightradar24.com/YUBTC)

Comment

• Originally posted by Amper View Post
                              PS. Mike, I see that there is no coverage over Bosnia and Herzegovina. Any reason for that?
                              I have too slow Internet to check now, but I don't think we have any FR24 box feeders in B&H. I think we have received one single application but the location was quite bad.

Comment

• there is none. only T-radars. F-signals are from Croatia and Serbia
                                I have some partners there, i will ask them to apply for hosting.
                                @peterhr that is Calibration service.
                                For official support use Contact Form

Comment

Working...
                                X