Help us increase coverage!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by paradiselost View Post
    Mike here in the Philippines we have no 24/7 coverage from Manila nor the southern islands of the Visayas. We are in a flyway at our location of DGT which is a E & West flyway between the west coast of the US and Singapore and Kuala Lumpor. We are also on the flyway from Australia and China and Taiwan. RPLL1 is only occasionally available.

From my location and elevation I have unobstructed view N,S and E. On the west is a mountain range but the angle and distance I can see high altitude aircraft in the flyway. Likewise, the S,E are unobstructed being able to track local airlines to Bohol, CDO and Davao and Zamboanga which are on the island of Mindanao.

I have had reliable internet service for the past 7 years.

Hope you are OK ! ? 7.2 R Earthquake hit Bohol this morning causing extensive damages.

Poor Philippines is a land of disasters ! Typhoon, floodings, earthquakes, volcanoes and recently "pork" running wild.
    F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

• 1090MHz: Hey just a couple more questions for ya, since we are both in ontario, where did you get the LMR400 coax cable. I might need to get some to get the antennas outside. Did you get it on line, or is there somwhere in your area that sells it a a decent price, not much of that stuff around the sarnia area to buy. Also, i take from all the reading i have done, we dont need any software on our pc like the rtl1090 to decode the AC signals?? Its all done from the FR24 box correct?
      Last edited by Andrew Dale; 2013-10-15, 04:18.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew Dale View Post
        Also, i take from all the reading i have done, we dont need any software on our pc like the rtl1090 to decode the AC signals?? Its all done from the FR24 box correct?
        Have you read the PDF you were sent in the email?

Comment

• I have not received anything since i got the email saying i was approved for the FR24 box package, which was last thursday Oct 10th. Just saying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdie View Post
            Hope you are OK ! ? 7.2 R Earthquake hit Bohol this morning causing extensive damages.

Poor Philippines is a land of disasters ! Typhoon, floodings, earthquakes, volcanoes and recently "pork" running wild.
            T-RDVD1 still active and feeding into FR24. Hopefully all is ok... Not to forgot also is the recent unrest at Zamboanga.

On another note... hopefully there will be a feeder at/near Purto Princesa soon...

Comment

• Originally posted by FR24support View Post
              Have you read the PDF you were sent in the email?

I got pdf manual after reporting you that fr24 box is delivered.

P.S. What is operating range (temperature) of fr24 box?
              Last edited by Amper; 2013-10-15, 10:52.
              For official support use Contact Form

Comment

I have not received anything since i got the email saying i was approved for the FR24 box package, which was last thursday Oct 10th. Just saying.
                Please check the email we sent you on 2nd October, to which you replied. It has a link to a PDF which we ask recipients to "read carefully".

Comment

1090MHz: Hey just a couple more questions for ya, since we are both in ontario, where did you get the LMR400 coax cable. I might need to get some to get the antennas outside. Did you get it on line, or is there somwhere in your area that sells it a a decent price, not much of that stuff around the sarnia area to buy. Also, i take from all the reading i have done, we dont need any software on our pc like the rtl1090 to decode the AC signals?? Its all done from the FR24 box correct?
                  My LMR-400 was left over from a network back-haul project I managed in 2007 so I already had some. Check HAM Radio shops in your area, there are shops in Ontario that sell it online too: http://www.infinitecables.com/bulk_5...oax-cable.html

Yes the FR24 is it's own computer and runs independent of your PC. You just run an Ethernet cable from the FR24 to your router/modem.
                  www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
                    T-RDVD1 still active and feeding into FR24. Hopefully all is ok... Not to forgot also is the recent unrest at Zamboanga.

On another note... hopefully there will be a feeder at/near Purto Princesa soon...
                    I was trying to get one of the resort operators in Puerto Pricesca interested but has no reply.

Its the missing link between Manila and sabah.
                    F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdie View Post
                      I was trying to get one of the resort operators in Puerto Pricesca interested but has no reply.

Its the missing link between Manila and sabah.
                      Thanks Birdie... if only we knew someone who works at the airport there. A well placed antenna there should be able to open up the SIN-MNL route. Mine can't as I have obstruction to my north west. d'oh. anyhow.. like anything else, just have to wait and see.
                      Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2013-10-16, 04:58.

Comment

• FR24 support: Ok i looked it up and i got it thanks, my mistake. I will print it off and read it. I am definitley getting old LOL

Comment

FR24 support: Ok i looked it up and i got it thanks, my mistake. I will print it off and read it. I am definitley getting old LOL
                          Andrew, when ordering the LMR-400 don't forget two N type male connectors: http://www.infinitecables.com/pop/cn-00-400.htm

Here is how to install them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAV_xhP3FNA

You're also going to need a N-Type Female to SMA Female Adapter: http://www.infinitecables.com/pop/ad-0111.htm
                          And a short as possible 6 inch RG174 SMA male to SMA male cable "Pigtail": http://www.infinitecables.com/pop/rf0-1010.htm

And a Lightning protector is always good practice to install: http://www.infinitecables.com/pop/cn-0001-sp3.htm

Here is a closeup of my install with Lightning protector: http://ads-b.ca/img_9398.htm
                          Last edited by 1090 MHz; 2013-10-15, 22:04.
                          www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

• Hey thanks for the info and links will look them up for sure. All i have to do now is wait for the package to arrive, havent even heard or gotten an email yet indicating its been sent. Guess i will just have to be patient and wait for it. LOL

Comment

• Andrew, please contact Support@FR24.com to discuss your application, installation and to ask other questions about our equipment.

This is recommended in all the emails and documentation you have received.

Comment

• FR24 support: Hey sorry for any incoveniences i have caaused, I will adhere to the rules and further questions will be directed to you guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X