Help us increase coverage!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike or whever can answer:

Hey, when i get the FR24 box package, got approved the other day. After i get set up, and start feeding again, will my Premium acct again become active again, or does it have to be reset now that it has expired, cant remember if i asked earlier or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew Dale View Post
      Mike or whever can answer:

Hey, when i get the FR24 box package, got approved the other day. After i get set up, and start feeding again, will my Premium acct again become active again, or does it have to be reset now that it has expired, cant remember if i asked earlier or not.
      Hi Andrew,

Congratulations on being approved! I just setup my FR24 here in Mississauga, Ontario with fantastic results. I'm tracking as far out your way as Ann Arbour and Flint Michigan. About 400 Km from my location. As for your premium it's based on your email address... this is what they use as the "user name" so it should be all the same.

Best Regards,

F-CYYZ2
      www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

• Hey 1090 MHZ thanks. I am looking forward to getting the FR24 box package. I had been feeding into the system using s DVB-T stick but it failed only got a few months out of it. Just a question how long did it take for you to get the FR24 box package. I got approved on thurs just past.

Thats fantastic coverage cant wait to get mine working.

Comment

Hey 1090 MHZ thanks. I am looking forward to getting the FR24 box package. I had been feeding into the system using s DVB-T stick but it failed only got a few months out of it. Just a question how long did it take for you to get the FR24 box package. I got approved on thurs just past.

Thats fantastic coverage cant wait to get mine working.
          Hi Andrew,

It was posted from Germany on September 27th and was delivered by Canada Post to myself Oct 8th. So it took only 11 days in total. The box passed through Canada Customs and was unopened.

How high up do you plan to place the antenna?
          Last edited by 1090 MHz; 2013-10-13, 02:10.
          www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

• Hey 1090 MHz thats not too bad for posting from Europe. I plan on putting it up on the roof probably about 40ft in the air above ground aprox how hight is yours. I guess you find it works well, and it just hooks up to your modem and you run the attenna from there to the outside? So even though it passed through customs, there were no extra charges?

Comment

Hey 1090 MHz thats not too bad for posting from Europe. I plan on putting it up on the roof probably about 40ft in the air above ground aprox how hight is yours. I guess you find it works well, and it just hooks up to your modem and you run the attenna from there to the outside? So even though it passed through customs, there were no extra charges?
              The elevation of Corunna Ontario is 181 m AMSL and where I'm at is 189 m AMSL. So you should get some good results too if you place the antenna up high enough to clear any local obstructions. My Tower is 50 feet, I also used LMR-400 coax in place of the thin coax that has 4 times the loss @ 1000 MHz. We're 235 Km apart, so together we'll be providing MLAT coverage in the region. Yes you just connect the FR24 to your modem, there is also a GPS antenna that goes outside. Have you checked out my website? ads-b.ca
              www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

• Failed?.. you mean does not work with a 50ft USB cable but works fine when plugged directly in to a PC/laptop...

What you should be doing is finding someone else to send it onto who can host it and make more use of the standard stick + antenna and not need to run it more than 5m
                Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Nice website 1090 MHz, maybe i will do something like that in the future. That is great we will be providing MLAT coverage in the region. I will post here when it is all hooked up. I would think it will be near the end of the month before i see anything and get it.
                  Last edited by Andrew Dale; 2013-10-13, 09:27.

Comment

• Oblivian thanks for the advice, but i am in the midst of getting the problem solved.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                      Failed?.. you mean does not work with a 50ft USB cable but works fine when plugged directly in to a PC/laptop...
                      USB design spec is 16 feet max. If you need to go beyond 16 feet you need to use powered USB hubs and boosters. No one should be selling a 50 foot USB cable, this is just going to cause people problems when they try to use it.
                      www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

• 1090:

Yeah i know about the USB cable. it does have a booster in line,but i am not worried about it now, I will be using the FR24 reciever box when i get it and install the antennas and go from there, hopefully be back on line soon and be much better than what i had.

Comment

• Hey 1090: How long after you got approved was your FR24 box kit sent and getting an email saying such.

Comment

Hey 1090: How long after you got approved was your FR24 box kit sent and getting an email saying such.
                            Sept 26 - Received email that I was approved.
                            Sept 27 - FR24 Shipped.
                            Oct 1 - Received email that FR24 was shipped on the 27th.
                            www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

• Ah ok, well the email said it could take about a week from the time getting approved to it getting sent out, i havent heard anything yet, but i am sure i will, was just curious.

Was approved last thursday, so hopefully it will get sent out this week. Also the GPS attenna that comes with the package, where did you mount it and how much cable came with it, it says 15m come with it for the GPS anntenna.
                              Last edited by Andrew Dale; 2013-10-14, 23:45.

Comment

Also the GPS attenna that comes with the package, where did you mount it and how much cable came with it, it says 15m come with it for the GPS anntenna.
                                The GPS antenna is a small square black puck with around 15 feet of cable. http://www.ads-b.ca/fr24-2.htm
                                The antenna puck is also magnetic and will stick to anything metal. I fabricated a metal side arm, about 10 feet off the ground, and attached it there to the tower: http://www.ads-b.ca/img_9393.htm
                                It's held in place with a little silicone.
                                www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

Working...
                                X