Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux feeder software for Flightradar24 (Old software)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• airglider
    replied
    Thanks! Will try......:-)....

Leave a comment:

• peterhr
    replied
    dump1090 parameters ... the one that that tells it to prepare the output on port 30003 is missing,

(I don't think you need net-ro-size or rate either)

can we take this ovr to the Pi + dongle thread http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...e-to-feed-FR24

you'll find the details you need in docs you can link to in post #8 near the beginning of the thread ... also has how to do the automatic startup.

BTW. download feeder 241 - 225 is really old now and you will get a stats page in your premium account if you use the new feeder.

Leave a comment:

• SpaxmoidJAm
    replied
    My linux is a little rusty, but you need to send the output from the program somewhere, ie if you type in at the command line "./dump1090 --quiet --net --net-ro-size 500 --net-ro-rate 5" you see the program start and that the cursor where you type disappears and the output from the program is on screen. That cmd line is now tied to that process

To start another program in your script you need to send the output somewhere and disconnect from that program by putting "> /dev/null &" on the end of the line. you are then sending the text that the program generates sending it to nowhere "> /dev/null" and the "&" on the end disconnects the cmd line from that process so you could type in sometthing else.

try the following.

# !/bin/sh
    cd /home/pi/dump1090
    ./dump1090 --quiet --net --net-ro-size 500 --net-ro-rate 5 > /dev/null &

cd /home/pi/FR24
    sleep 15
    FR24AUTHIP=83.140.247.20 ./fr24feed_arm-le_225s --fr24key=1ac175017ce28a52 > /dev/null &
    exit
    Last edited by SpaxmoidJAm; 2014-03-16, 21:13.

Leave a comment:

• airglider
    replied
    I'm trying to have my RaspberryPi to load dump1090 and FR24 feeder at startup. I have tried with several scripts but I have failed...:-(....

When starting via a terminal window - first "dump1090" and then "fr24feed" - all is ok. It's verified by the FR24 Premium account that my device is feeding FR24.

The latest script I have used is this one,
    # !/bin/sh
    cd /home/pi/dump1090
    ./dump1090 --quiet --net --net-ro-size 500 --net-ro-rate 5

cd /home/pi/FR24
    sleep 15
    FR24AUTHIP=83.140.247.20 ./fr24feed_arm-le_225s --fr24key=share key
    exit

"dump1090" starts ok. When using the "top" command in a terminal window I can see that dump1090 is running.

"fr24feed_arm-le_225s" never starts from the script. I have tried to run the script only with "fr24feed_arm-le_225s", will not load.

Any ideas?

Brgds THomas
    Last edited by airglider; 2014-03-16, 16:10.

Leave a comment:

• yuvadm
    replied
    For users of Arch Linux -

I've added this package to the AUR

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/flightradar24/

Leave a comment:

• SAFlyer
    replied
    Originally posted by HermanZA View Post
    Hi Slaapstad boytjie. Drop me an mail please at: fakm @ eons.co.zaaaa ( minus 2 a's)

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    Done - email sent

Leave a comment:

• SAFlyer
    replied
    Agreed whole heartedly that height is important

Leave a comment:

• peterhr
    replied
    Originally posted by SAFlyer View Post
    peterh, I have had better results using 8 elements instead of 4 (even have a 12 element which gives me my best coverage to date). Best results on all is open ended with a 1/4 stub at the top
    OK, but do add height to get cleat of surrounding objects - that is essential since the signal is line of sight.

Leave a comment:

• HermanZA
    replied
    Hi Slaapstad boytjie. Drop me an mail please at: fakm @ eons.co.zaaaa ( minus 2 a's)

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• SAFlyer
    replied
    Originally posted by peterhr View Post
    And don't make it too long - four elements is sufficient, beyond that mounting it higher makes more difference than adding more elements ... now someone recently posted diagrams about what to do at the top of the coco....
    peterh, I have had better results using 8 elements instead of 4 (even have a 12 element which gives me my best coverage to date). Best results on all is open ended with a 1/4 stub at the top

Leave a comment:

• peterhr
    replied
    Originally posted by SAFlyer View Post
    I have literally tried them all, from J-pole to Spider, from the Franklin (diff variations as well) to the Co-axial Colinear (all DIY). I get my best results with a Co-axial Colinear constructed using LMR400 cable. The problem the majority of planespotters have is the availibility of antenna tuning equipment. Without any of the fancy pieces of equipment the Co-axial Colinear has performed the best
    And don't make it too long - four elements is sufficient, beyond that mounting it higher makes more difference than adding more elements ... now someone recently posted diagrams about what to do at the top of the coco....

Leave a comment:

• SAFlyer
    replied
    I have literally tried them all, from J-pole to Spider, from the Franklin (diff variations as well) to the Co-axial Colinear (all DIY). I get my best results with a Co-axial Colinear constructed using LMR400 cable. The problem the majority of planespotters have is the availibility of antenna tuning equipment. Without any of the fancy pieces of equipment the Co-axial Colinear has performed the best

Leave a comment:

• rob79
    replied
    Originally posted by peterhr View Post
    Now you need a better antenna...
    Agreed. I'm using a set of UHF/VHF TV "rabbit ears" at the moment. I'm new to amateur radio/SDR in general so I'm trying to decide if I want to buy or build an antenna. I've seen a few relatively simple DIY J-pole antennas around that people say are great for ADS-B but I'm still doing my research.

Leave a comment:

• peterhr
    replied
    Now you need a better antenna...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• rob79
    replied
    Hey folks. I just started feeding my data to flightradar24 and I'm a bit confused about what the site is telling me. I'm using dump1090 on Ubuntu 12.04 in combination with the fr24feed software. I got my sharing key today, put it all in, and everything looks OK. dump1090 is doing it's thing (I see all the traffic as I normally do), fr24feed is running and giving me messages such as "[i] sent 1 planes in 1 packets" or if there is nothing in range "[n] pinging the server" so I'm assuming that means that it's successfully connected to the server and uploading data. In addition to that my premium account went active a few minutes after I started running it so I'm sure it's connected.

My confusion is on the feed stats details page. It says "Status: Online, since N/A", "Current upload rate: 0KB/s", and "No recent data for this radar". This makes me wonder if my data is actually being used.

To make this even more confusing if there is no plane on the radar for a few seconds my status changes to "Offline". I'm not sure if there is a configuration issue on my end or if this is normal behaviour. Is there normally a delay or something showing the upload stats, etc?

Apologies in advance if this isn't the right kind of post for this thread, but as a brand new user this seemed like the best place to start.

Thanks for any advice/tips you can share!

EDIT: I was impatient, it's showing all kinds of data now . Still "Online, since N/A" and 0KB/s upload but the graphs and things are there so I know it's working which is all I care about. Leaving this post here for posterity in case someone else comes along with the same questions.
    Last edited by rob79; 2014-03-10, 20:45. Reason: Additional info

Leave a comment:

Working...
X