Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux feeder software for Flightradar24 (Old software)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by K9SWX View Post
    Thanks for the info. Commenting out the FR24AUTHIP did the trick for me too. Wonder what has changed to cause this to not work anymore?
    Ah,, we moved it to a different server some months ago but I kept it in two places for compatibility,, which was turned off lately. There is no longer need for exporting that env var.

Comment

• But it looks like that the 1st run of the 242 Build needs that server (maybe to download the config files). Do we get a new Build soon ?
      Regards,
      T-EDDE7

Debian 8 Server | jetvision ADS-B USB Dongle | ADS-B Collinear Antenna
      Banana Pi | Mystique SDR R820T2 | stock Antenna

Comment

• Please have a look here for the new build. We will be phasing out the old feeder soon... but if you don't want to update twice, please give us a few more days as there will be a new version soon including data timestamps.

Comment

• Is that .deb Package compatible with my Banana Pi (Bananian) ?
          Regards,
          T-EDDE7

Comment

• Originally posted by equi View Post
            Is that .deb Package compatible with my Banana Pi (Bananian) ?
            Yes, it's compatible with Banana Pi from what users reported. You can also use a standalone version if you don't want to run it as root.

Comment

• I removed the environment variable (FR@$AUTHIP) and now it works fine.

I am feeding with 2 raspberry pi's. Only one is shown on my feeders page. How can I 'claim' the second one? The fr24key for the second one was obtained using another email address. I also cannot use that email address to access the premium features.

Comment

• Check on the 2nd Pi what the Feeder Software do
                Regards,
                T-EDDE7

Comment

Check on the 2nd Pi what the Feeder Software do
                  What do you mean? It is just feeding fine. Normal log, same as the first RPi, only other radar name and slightly different coordinates.

Comment

• Yes, but how does the Stats Page on your 2nd Pi (Account) looks like ? Is that Pi Online and Feeding ? It is a bit confused because you wrote that you can't access premium on your 2nd Account... Thats why I wrote that
                    Regards,
                    T-EDDE7

Comment

Yes, but how does the Stats Page on your 2nd Pi (Account) looks like ? Is that Pi Online and Feeding ? It is a bit confused because you wrote that you can't access premium on your 2nd Account... Thats why I wrote that
                      My problem is that I cannot get to the stats page because there is no account associated with it. In fact that is the problem: I have a fr24key but it is not associated with an account.
                      The 2nd feeder is working because I saw it as active radar on the main FR24 page.

Comment

• Ok, but then it is not really Linux Feeder Software issue You should get in touch with the FR24 Support Team via eMail.

Regards
                        Regards,
                        T-EDDE7

Comment

• Does the Linux feeder software have built-in decoder? I'm running dump1090, and it seems to be having some problems communicating, with frequent "[e]Data feed time difference too big abs( - )=2880" errors.

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberEntomology View Post
                            Does the Linux feeder software have built-in decoder? I'm running dump1090, and it seems to be having some problems communicating, with frequent "[e]Data feed time difference too big abs( - )=2880" errors.
                            you should be running ntpd, if you are, run ntpq -p and check you have a "*" (star) against your upstream time server under LOCAL, and that its "st" value is not above 10

eg:

remote refid st t when poll reach delay offset jitter
                            ================================================== ========
                            LOCAL(0) .LOCL. 10 l 5d 64 0 0.000 0.000 0.000
                            *ntp.ausics.net 203.14.0.250 3 u 259 1024 377 0.127 3.508 2.192
                            ^......................................^
                            Last edited by Ressy; 2014-12-16, 22:53. Reason: added example

Comment

• Guy's i'm a little stuck! i have updated to 242 on my PI but when i connect it shows the following.

[i]FR24Feed v242 - built on Apr 23 2014/09:48:25
                              [i]Downloading configuration...OK
                              [i]Parsing configuration...OK
                              [c]Interval: 5s
                              [c]Latitude: **********
                              [c]Longitude: ***********
                              [c]GND: YES
                              [c]NonADSB: YES
                              [i]Source defined as Basestation
                              [b]connecting to localhost:30003
                              [n]defined 1 server
                              [n]EGGD11@83.140.21.66:8099/UDP
                              [n]connecting
                              [b]connected
                              [b]working
                              [i][stats]Stats thread started
                              [n]connected
                              [n]switching to UDP
                              [n]working
                              Segmentation fault

I'm a novice to this and wondering what the "Segmentation fault" is?

Any help is apreciated.
                              T-EGGD11 -- RTL2832U / R820T+ Raspberry Pi2 + Dump1090, FR24, PF. Cantena 248Mi 0ft ASL
                              T-EGGD21 -- RTL2832U / R820T+ Raspberry Pi + Dump1090, FR24, PF. Home made COCO 257Mi 600ft ASL

Comment

• I don't think the feeder that gives you that error.
                                Could be related to your SD card, power supply, etc
                                Do some trial and error.

Comment

Working...
                                X