Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux feeder software for Flightradar24 (Old software)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by Phil21 View Post
    Great stuff, got it working painlessly on Debian Wheezy i686. Makes it simple and trivial for folks running gr-air-modes to share data.

    My only request so far would be a daemonize mode - for easier init scripts

    Thanks!

    -Phil
    support@fr24.com

    Comment


    • #62
      Hi all,

      I am attempting to setup a feeder with ADS-B Beast and a Raspberry PI.
      The receiver is configured in AVR mode, a socat script provides data on tcp/30003 as follows:

      *05D182F7F8EB09;
      *25CDCB9ADE1DB7;
      *8D4690E1584DE3A4F90ACFAB093B;
      *2CBC8DB7EF3543;
      *8D47873E5865B791B6FDE6B86E70;
      *8D47873E99108A32C0989428DB56;
      ...
      ...

      below you can see the session dump, done with the last release of feeder:

      export FR24AUTHIP=83.140.247.20
      ./fr24feed_arm-le_225s --fr24key=<as provided via email from FR24>

      [i]FR24Feed v225 - built on Oct 8 2012/09:38:58
      [i]Downloading configuration...OK
      [i]Parsing configuration...OK
      [c]Interval: 5s
      [c]Latitude: 41.8499
      [c]Longitude: 12.4805
      [c]GND: YES
      [c]NonADSB: YES
      [i]Source defined as Basestation
      [b]connecting to localhost:30003
      [n]ROM1@83.140.247.21:8099/UDP
      [n]connecting
      [e]could not connect to BS
      [i]waiting 5 seconds
      [n]connected
      [n]switching to UDP
      [n]working
      [i]Source defined as Basestation
      [b]connecting to localhost:30003
      [b]connected
      [b]working
      [e]buffer filled, flushing!
      [i]sent 0 planes in 0 packets
      [i]sent 0 planes in 0 packets
      [i]sent 0 planes in 0 packets
      ...
      ...
      [n]pinging the server
      [i]sent 0 planes in 0 packets
      [i]sent 0 planes in 0 packets
      [i]sent 0 planes in 0 packets


      The same server, configured to output in binary format, is perfectly working with PlanePlotter and other similar software.

      What I am doing wrong ?

      -- SR-71

      Comment


      • #63
        Have ypu requested a sharing key from FR24?

        What are you running that's outputting decoded data to port 30003?
        Mike


        www.radarspotting.com

        Radarspotting since 2005

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by Anmer View Post
          Have ypu requested a sharing key from FR24?
          Yes, I requested and achieved it, and I am using just now.

          Originally posted by Anmer View Post
          What are you running that's outputting decoded data to port 30003?
          Probably this is the point, I am simply putting out, with a simple socat command

          socat tcp-l:30003,reuseaddr,fork file:/dev/ttyUSB0,nonblock,raw,echo=0


          the ASCII data coming from ADS-B Beast receiver.
          I argued, maybe incorrectly, from older messages in this thread, that the most recent versions of FR24 feeder software are able to decode even that format.

          Comment


          • #65
            You're trying to send encoded data - you need to use a program to decode it first, or ask the admins for special software to do the encoding right in the application.

            If you want to go your own route, try adsbox

            Comment


            • #66
              How can I decode microADSB data on Mac OS X?

              Comment


              • #67
                No idea really You can try to compile adsbox, but I'm not sure if it will work.

                Let me know if you run into trouble, I can try it on my Macbook if needed

                Comment


                • #68
                  I've put SQLite in a directory called sqlite3 on the same directory as adsbox source and modified all .c files include to #include "sqlite3/sqlite3.h". When I type make on Terminal, I receive this:
                  http://i.imgur.com/7pH46.png
                  http://i.imgur.com/2VOhK.png

                  Sorry for my bad English and thank you for your attention.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by Phil21 View Post
                    You're trying to send encoded data - you need to use a program to decode it first, or ask the admins for special software to do the encoding right in the application.
                    If you want to go your own route, try adsbox
                    Phil21, Anmer,

                    first off, many thanks for your support.

                    I compiled and started adsbox: it is working at localhost:30003 and showing on its embedded web site several planes.
                    Moreover, connecting to the local port 30003, somewhat I guess is the Basestation messages, are shown:

                    telnet localhost 30003
                    Trying 127.0.0.1...
                    Connected to localhost.
                    Escape character is '^]'.
                    MSG,3,,,471EA5,,,,,,,2450,,,41.89147,12.53118,,,0, 0,0,0
                    MSG,5,,,4CA6C0,,,,,,,9600,,,,,,,,,,
                    MSG,5,,,471EA5,,,,,,,2450,,,,,,,,,,
                    MSG,5,,,3C6469,,,,,,,35000,,,,,,,0,0,0,0
                    MSG,6,,,3C6469,,,,,,,,,,,,,6654,0,0,0,0
                    MSG,5,,,471EA5,,,,,,,2450,,,,,,,,,,
                    MSG,5,,,4CA96B,,,,,,,37000,,,,,,,,,,
                    MSG,5,,,4CA8E9,,,,,,,4525,,,,,,,,,,
                    MSG,3,,,4CA8E9,,,,,,,4525,,,42.01088,12.40982,,,0, 0,0,0
                    MSG,4,,,4CA8E9,,,,,,,,214.0,127.0,,,-384,,0,0,0,0
                    MSG,4,,,3C6469,,,,,,,,440.0,181.3,,,-128,,0,0,0,0


                    On another window I started the feeder but it seems to me that it is not working:

                    export FR24AUTHIP=83.140.247.20 ; ./fr24feed_x86_225 --fr24key=xxxxxxxxxx
                    [i]FR24Feed v225 - built on Oct 8 2012/09:28:20
                    [i]Downloading configuration...OK
                    [i]Parsing configuration...OK
                    [c]Interval: 5s
                    [c]Latitude: 41.8499
                    [c]Longitude: 12.4805
                    [c]GND: YES
                    [c]NonADSB: YES
                    [i]Source defined as Basestation
                    [n]ROM1@83.140.247.21:8099/UDP
                    [n]connecting
                    [b]connecting to localhost:30003
                    [b]connected
                    [b]working
                    [n]waiting 10 seconds
                    [n]ROM1@83.140.247.21:8099/UDP
                    [n]connecting
                    [n]waiting 15 seconds
                    [n]ROM1@83.140.247.21:8099/UDP
                    [n]connecting

                    There is a way to check if the feeder is really working ?

                    Edit: getting a trace with tcpdump I can see that the feeder is opening a connection (socket) to 83.140.247.21:8099 but the server i closing it soon after: maybe my key was disabled ?
                    Last edited by SR-71; 2012-10-29, 06:25.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      PedroFelipe,

                      try to add

                      #include <time.h>

                      in db.c just after the other include's there.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by SR-71 View Post
                        Phil21, Anmer,

                        first off, many thanks for your support.

                        I compiled and started adsbox: it is working at localhost:30003 and showing on its embedded web site several planes.
                        Moreover, connecting to the local port 30003, somewhat I guess is the Basestation messages, are shown:

                        telnet localhost 30003
                        Trying 127.0.0.1...
                        Connected to localhost.
                        Escape character is '^]'.
                        MSG,3,,,471EA5,,,,,,,2450,,,41.89147,12.53118,,,0, 0,0,0
                        MSG,5,,,4CA6C0,,,,,,,9600,,,,,,,,,,
                        MSG,5,,,471EA5,,,,,,,2450,,,,,,,,,,
                        MSG,5,,,3C6469,,,,,,,35000,,,,,,,0,0,0,0
                        MSG,6,,,3C6469,,,,,,,,,,,,,6654,0,0,0,0
                        MSG,5,,,471EA5,,,,,,,2450,,,,,,,,,,
                        MSG,5,,,4CA96B,,,,,,,37000,,,,,,,,,,
                        MSG,5,,,4CA8E9,,,,,,,4525,,,,,,,,,,
                        MSG,3,,,4CA8E9,,,,,,,4525,,,42.01088,12.40982,,,0, 0,0,0
                        MSG,4,,,4CA8E9,,,,,,,,214.0,127.0,,,-384,,0,0,0,0
                        MSG,4,,,3C6469,,,,,,,,440.0,181.3,,,-128,,0,0,0,0


                        On another window I started the feeder but it seems to me that it is not working:

                        export FR24AUTHIP=83.140.247.20 ; ./fr24feed_x86_225 --fr24key=xxxxxxxxxx
                        [i]FR24Feed v225 - built on Oct 8 2012/09:28:20
                        [i]Downloading configuration...OK
                        [i]Parsing configuration...OK
                        [c]Interval: 5s
                        [c]Latitude: 41.8499
                        [c]Longitude: 12.4805
                        [c]GND: YES
                        [c]NonADSB: YES
                        [i]Source defined as Basestation
                        [n]ROM1@83.140.247.21:8099/UDP
                        [n]connecting
                        [b]connecting to localhost:30003
                        [b]connected
                        [b]working
                        [n]waiting 10 seconds
                        [n]ROM1@83.140.247.21:8099/UDP
                        [n]connecting
                        [n]waiting 15 seconds
                        [n]ROM1@83.140.247.21:8099/UDP
                        [n]connecting

                        There is a way to check if the feeder is really working ?

                        Edit: getting a trace with tcpdump I can see that the feeder is opening a connection (socket) to 83.140.247.21:8099 but the server i closing it soon after: maybe my key was disabled ?
                        Hi all,

                        Seem to have the same problem here, the feeder program doesn't succeed in connecting to 83.140.247.21:8099 since yesterday...

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by perefouras View Post
                          Hi all,

                          Seem to have the same problem here, the feeder program doesn't succeed in connecting to 83.140.247.21:8099 since yesterday...
                          The same issue has been signaled today even on the Windows feeder thread.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by SR-71 View Post
                            The same issue has been signaled today even on the Windows feeder thread.
                            Which I think is now fixed?
                            Mike


                            www.radarspotting.com

                            Radarspotting since 2005

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Hmm. I just got a Mode-S Beast built this weekend, and am working with adsbox for the first time. This is coming from gr-air-modes.

                              The device seems to work fine, but ADSBox is giving "junk" data for longitude?

                              I'm running it like so:
                              root@radar:~/adsbox# ./adsbox --serial /dev/ttyUSB0 --baud 3000000 --lat 45.01 --lon -93.39
                              adsbox ADS-B decoder version 20120427.
                              LONGITUDE: -93.390000
                              Your lat 45.01000 lon -93.39000
                              Init database.
                              Using /dev/ttyUSB0 as input serial device.
                              Run SBS-1 data server on port 30003
                              Run HTTP server on port 8080

                              It's output is something like: MSG,3,,,A7A25F,,,,,,,4925,,,44.82532,266.92599,,,0 ,0,0,0

                              Note the 266.92599 longitude - which is obviously impossible. This seems to happen for *all* airplanes, and is in the ~266.xxx range most/all of the time.

                              Any ideas? C is not a language I grok very well, but perhaps something wrong with the a negative longitude being supplied?

                              -Phil

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by Anmer View Post
                                Which I think is now fixed?
                                YES ! And indeed my setup as well finally worked !

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X