Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux feeder software for Flightradar24 (Old software)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dump1090 parameters ... the one that that tells it to prepare the output on port 30003 is missing,

(I don't think you need net-ro-size or rate either)

can we take this ovr to the Pi + dongle thread http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...e-to-feed-FR24

you'll find the details you need in docs you can link to in post #8 near the beginning of the thread ... also has how to do the automatic startup.

BTW. download feeder 241 - 225 is really old now and you will get a stats page in your premium account if you use the new feeder.

Comment

• Thanks! Will try......:-)....

Comment

• Somethings, I cant find my radar on filter "Radar" list

I dont know why , it just disappeared ..even the stats page show the radar is "online"

Mike asks me to read " FR24feed software (The ONLY windows feeder software thread!) "

but I am using ubuntu .... why should I read those thread about windows ??
        ADS-B Radar : T-RCKH2, T-RCKH8
        Antenna : Fake PCB 3 ELs * 2 (rtl1090 *1, dump1090 *1)
        APRS 144.640 I-gate BM7GWR-1 (LFA 5 ELs) Digi: BM7GWR-2 Tracker: BM7GWR-12
        HF: Magnetic Loop SWL JT65 at 14.076

Comment

• it's the same answer for your question within that thread for linux and win feeder
          For official support use Contact Form

Comment

• That's a huge long daunting thread now and the answer really needs to go into a locked down FAQ thread

The radar selected for display is the one that gets the latest updated aircraft position to FR24's servers first, If there are F- radars covering the aready, they usually win the race, though the T- radars will tend to fill in coverage holes.

If your radar has nothing showing on the map, then it doesn't appear in the list of radars that you can filter on in the web application.

Your upload status ad data will still contribute to your radars stats page if you are using feeder 241 (or later if there is a leter one)

Comment

• Hello FR24-Community,
              I'm feeding since last week with my GNS 5890 USB-Stick. Today i tried to feed with the same stick and raspberry pi, so my radar could be online 24/7. But there is a huge error in my configuration. Everything works fine, except the feeder. Can you tell me how can i remove this error? Everytime when my feeder try to upload some data, it tells me: Data feed time difference too big abs( - )=33372 (random numbers every time).

Any ideas?

EDIT: Time Zone is set to UTC. I'm using adsbox. I can't use dump1090, because it doesn't work with my GNS 5890...
              Last edited by Toranto; 2014-03-17, 18:27.

Comment

• Toranto: how sure are you the date and time on the Pi are correct? Also UTC time and not local time.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by HermanZA View Post
                  Toranto: how sure are you the date and time on the Pi are correct? Also UTC time and not local time.

Because i set the timezone over raspberry-config to UTC? Are there other ways? Date shows also the correct setting...

Maybe i'm wrong?

Comment

• That's just fine then. When you type in : date It should come back with current date and time (UTC)

Comment

• Originally posted by HermanZA View Post
                      That's just fine then. When you type in : date It should come back with current date and time (UTC)

So why the feeder give me this error?

Comment

• because the feeder compares the time on your equipment with the server time, presumably to ensure that the data that you are uploading is current and mot going to make the planes path jerk about all over the sky.

Comment

• So the time of my raspberry Pi is still wrong? Do you have any idea?

Comment

• Is it wrong by an exact number of hours?

If it is it's probably a timezone setting that needs fixing, if it's not then it might be that you need to fix something in the NTP (Network Time Protocol) setup

do a google lookup on debian timezone command line or debian ntp command line

Comment

• Toranto:
                              Current adsbox version does not set timestamps in MSG data. I can sent you newer one for your tests with fr24 feeding. Just email to me (my email is at top of adsbox source files).

Comment

• Originally posted by uubb View Post
                                Toranto:
                                Current adsbox version does not set timestamps in MSG data. I can sent you newer one for your tests with fr24 feeding. Just email to me (my email is at top of adsbox source files).
                                That's great, thank you! I've sent the e-mail to your mail.ru-adress.

Comment

Working...
                                X