Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux feeder software for Flightradar24 (Old software)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by spforums View Post
    I'm using the standard dump1090 from a RPi over wifi - is the openstreetmap patched version available anywhere?
    When I am done tinkering with the code I'll push my changes into a fork of dump1090 and make a pull request to the owner.
    T-KCLT1, Also the man behind the curtain working on the dump1090 webgui and the dump1090-helper project.

Comment

• @mindlesstux
      That would be good, thanks.

Talking of dump1090 which is running on my RPi, how do you get the dump1090 http server working with google maps on a pc?

Comment

• My Pi is in the attic, running dump1090. Its LAN IP address is 10.0.0.3
        From my laptop I can see the my local air traffic with http://10.0.0.3:8080
        Once I have set up an entry for the Pi in my laptop's /etc/hosts then it is easier to use http://rpi:8080

Comment

• Originally posted by spforums View Post
          @mindlesstux
          That would be good, thanks.

Talking of dump1090 which is running on my RPi, how do you get the dump1090 http server working with google maps on a pc?

I took it set of steps further than what roofer did, but I started out with the setup he has.

The next thing I did was install apache2 and mod_proxy, mod_proxy_http and setup a reverse proxy in apache to point to the dump1090 server. So now it looks like it comes from a real webserver, and I gain IPv6 abilities on webinterface only. I then setup a raspberry entry in my domains DNS in cloudflare to connect to the raspberry over IPv6. Thus data flows through a 3rd party server that will eventually cache all the crazy one off stuff that I would like to shove on the web but refuse to pay $10/mo for such low traffic site.
          T-KCLT1, Also the man behind the curtain working on the dump1090 webgui and the dump1090-helper project.

Comment

• Anyone else having problems today with the linux version of the fr24 software? I can see it sending data packets to fr24, but looking on the site I done see the 9 planes that I have in dump1090. I noted that fr24 updated the windows software yet again (1wk ago). It included "- Discarding data older than 15 seconds in case of network trouble" which makes me think that myself or someone needs to get the timestamps into the feed from dump1090 asap. Any offical note on this?

Comment

• @mindless,
              You were feeding a minute ago, but your Pi is now offline.

@spforums,
              Another way to view your data (if you have windows) is with adsbscope.
              Fire up adsbscope. Go to Other, Network, Network Setup
              Under Raw-data-client, set portnumber to 30002, and the URL to be the URL of the Pi (mine is at 10.0.0.3). Set the data as "Normal"
              Close the Network Setup window
              Click the button (that looks like network) "Start RAW data CLIENT".
              Enjoy.

Comment

• Re the http server - that's what I thought however my web page http://10.0.0.21:8080 shows 'Error opening HTML file: No such file or directory'
                If I run 'netstat -tulpn' on the RPi it shows '0.0.0.0:8080' listening...

All is ok using adsbscope, planeplotter and virtualradarserver, but I just wanted to see the dump1090 server output which doesn't seem to be playing ball!
                Last edited by spforums; 2013-03-26, 17:47.

Comment

• but I just wanted to see the dump1090 server output which doesn't seem to be playing ball!
                  For dump1090's web server to work properly, it needs to be started from the directory in which it is. So, for me:
                  Code:
                  export FR24AUTHIP=83.140.247.20
                  cd ~/dump1090
                  ./dump1090 --net --enable-agc > /dev/null &
                  ./fr24feed_arm-le_225s --fr24key=c212ff8afbaf8ad0 > /dev/null &
                  Then it works.
                  Otherwise, maybe you could copy the file gmap.html to wherever it is you are starting dump1090 from.

Hope this helps
                  Last edited by roofer; 2013-03-26, 18:08. Reason: code, code, code

Comment

• I figure people might be chomping at the bit for the modifyed gmap.html file I edited to have OSM. You can find it at: http://raspberry.mindlesstux.com/~adsb/

The diffrence between the two files is one is what is live with my dump1090 right now (aka cant get any more bleeding edge than that), the other is something that works and should not have errors.

Comment

• @roofer
                      spot on re gmap.html - I was running from elsewhere without all the files. Thanks.

@mindlesstux
                      Thanks - all working.

Comment

• Having done a fresh Debian Wheezey install on my Pi installed and got working dump1090 i still get this error with the fr24 feed:
                        Code:
                        pi@raspberrypi ~ $ ./fr24feed_arm-le_225s --fr24key=416c0c6d1b30f4f2 --bs-ip=192.168.1.4
                        [i]FR24Feed v225 - built on Oct  8 2012/09:38:58
                        [i]Downloading configuration...OK
                        [i]Parsing configuration...ERROR
                        []:
                        pi@raspberrypi ~ $ pi@raspberrypi ~ $
                        I recovered my sharing key direct from fr24.com so I know it is correct. I have done the export on the FR IP address. Where to now?
                        Michael
                        Palmerston North,
                        New Zealand
                        ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• I am running "raspbian" on my Pi, and fr24feed_arm-le_225s works perfectly.
                          Code:
                          pi@rpi:~/dump1090$ ./fr24feed_arm-le_225s --help
                          [i]FR24Feed v225 - built on Oct  8 2012/09:38:58
                          ./fr24feed_arm-le_225s --fr24key=YOUR_SHARING_KEY
                          ./fr24feed_arm-le_225s --fr24key=YOUR_SHARING_KEY --bs-ip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx --bs-port=NNNNN
                          pi@rpi:~/dump1090$
                          But I notice you are providing a bs-ip of 192.168.1.4
                          Why?
                          If you are running fr24feed_arm-le_225s and dump1090 on the Pi then bs-ip should not need to be specified as it defaults to localhost.
                          From dump1090 --help, it looks as though if you wish to specify the bs-ip, you may also need to specify the port number. Perhaps that is worth a try.

Please confirm that you are not running any virtual machines here.

You might also like to revisit your post at #173 in this thread, and edit out /anonymise your personal FR24 sharing key. It is a key.

Best wishes.

Comment

• @roofer

It makes no difference what switches I put in the error is the same.

What is frustrating is there's been no response from support on this.
                            Michael
                            Palmerston North,
                            New Zealand
                            ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• nzradar: Is your adsbox still working, and if yes, is the feed working ok when using adsbox instead of dump1090?

I read that your adsbox stops working after a while, I have the same problem with the latest 2013 version, but the last 2012 version works perfectly for me.

I don't have a Beast but a microADS-B dongle, but I suppose the output is the same.
                              Last edited by Zorba; 2013-03-28, 21:46.

Comment

• OK thanks I'll try the last 2012. The 2013 stops after a while. Will report back.

I'm just trying to find a stable, good Linux adsb decoder that works in the southern hemisphere.
                                Michael
                                Palmerston North,
                                New Zealand
                                ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

Working...
                                X