X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike
    replied
    Originally posted by SoCalBrian View Post
    Reviewing the posts above on this thread. Maybe a color code system would work better and it could be improved later on with more details.
    Like:
    [Green] Aircraft data received from this source only
    [Red] Aircraft data received from more than one source

The color code logos could be added on this page and on other areas on the site.
    The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

You can see the example on this page for Sweden.

Maybe a "Statistics" page could be added to for each feeder. so we can see what aircraft is being picked up by each feeder.

Maybe other can submit more ideas on how it can made better be on FR24.
    Colors will not be added. It does not fit graphically in the design and it will not add any new functionality. I don't think it will help k9act or any other user to see a foreign radar-code in red color, instead of green. This will also need some rework server side. Maybe the easiest solution is just to remove the radar code? It does not add anything apart from confusion and anger.

As I have written to you several times statistics will be added in the future, but I think there is higher priority on some other projects like MLAT, improved route accuracy or improved server capacity than playing around with numbers that 99.999% of the users will never see or know how to interpret. There is already a simple statistic today "last feed date" and it looks like it does not help feeders. They are not satisfied with a message that it's working or when it was working, they just want their radar code on FR24. But maybe removing radar-code would move focus from the radar-code to the message that feed is working?

Leave a comment:

• SoCalBrian
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike View Post
    3) If an aircraft is visible from 23 receivers, which one should we show as "radar"?
    Reviewing the posts above on this thread. Maybe a color code system would work better and it could be improved later on with more details.
    Like:
    [Green] Aircraft data received from this source only
    [Red] Aircraft data received from more than one source

The color code logos could be added on this page and on other areas on the site.
    The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

You can see the example on this page for Sweden.

Maybe a "Statistics" page could be added to for each feeder. so we can see what aircraft is being picked up by each feeder.

Maybe other can submit more ideas on how it can made better be on FR24.

Leave a comment:

• k9act
    replied
    >1) To start with. What does premium say? Is your feed working?

Working fine.

>2) Why do you need to see that an aircraft comes from your receiver?

It provides some motivation for dedicating a computer and time to the project. If it is never used, why bother?

>3) If an aircraft is visible from 23 receivers, which one should we show as "radar"?

What you are doing is working fine. I just wanted to know how I fit in and apparently my feed doesn't unless the neighbor is down/broken.

I can't speak for the 23 but there are only 3 others in my range, one of which is on the order of 95%, the other two most of what's left and I see mine about .01%

>4) If you have seen an aircraft that was not uploaded please post callsign/hex and a screenshot so we can search for the error. Right now we don't have anything to go on. I don't even know your ID or if you are feeding correctly.

I mentioned mine and the other local in the original post. My antenna is at 50 ft but I live in a forest so I didn't expect great coverage but I frequently see planes over 100 miles.

Thanks,

Jack

Astronomy, Beer, Cheese, Fiber, Gems,
    Nature, Radio, Sheep, Sausage, Silver

Leave a comment:

• Mike
    replied
    Originally posted by Kpin View Post
    You can say it is not fair, but I do not think FR24 thinks in terms of fair and unfair
    Fair or not fair? What should we do instead? Keep data from 20 receivers and show data from 20 receivers? For what use?
    Feeding from a location with many feeders means that your code will not show up so often, but it does not mean it makes no sense. Maybe there are 15 receivers covering 30000-40000 feet. But down on 3000 feet there are only coverage form 1-2-3 receivers. Or maybe there is a good receiver with good coverage, but he is often offline night time and coverage disappears. Or maybe there are many receivers with good coverage in eastern direction, but only 1-2 in western and you are one of them?

Even if you at this moment can't find an aircraft with your radar code, it does not that there is no benefit from your receiver.

Leave a comment:

• Mike
    replied
    Originally posted by k9act View Post
    I can't add anything to this discussion but I am about to termnate my feed as being a useless exercise.

It's probably hundreds of times that I have looked but whatever the number is, I can count on one hand the number of times I have seen my "radar" as the source. When I do see it, there is no correlation between it's distance from me, it might be overhead of 100 miles away.

The radar identified is almost always one about 30 miles south of me.

I have read several times, the posting that is supposed to explain this but I do not understand it. First of all, it says that it usually id's the last station heard which does not make much sense to me.

Last night on two different occasions, I watched a plane pass through my ADBScope plotter but it never appeared on the FR24 display at all. I checked regularly to see that I was on line and feeding during the passes but no plane was seen on the web site.

Finally, sort of related to the topic, is there any way of finding out the identity of the other feeders? It would be nice to contact this other guy just for the fun and also possibly to learn something about his setup.
    1) To start with. What does premium say? Is your feed working?

2) Why do you need to see that an aircraft comes from your receiver?

3) If an aircraft is visible from 23 receivers, which one should we show as "radar"?

4) If you have seen an aircraft that was not uploaded please post callsign/hex and a screenshot so we can search for the error. Right now we don't have anything to go on. I don't even know your ID or if you are feeding correctly.

We never give out information about feeders, but if you post here on the forum you can for sure get help and information from other feeders.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X