This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GregHudson View Post
    However, when I switch adsbScope OFF, the frFeeder icon changes from Green/Yellow to Green/Red (I assume this means it (frFeeder) is not working any longer).

So, does anyone have the GNS5890 talking DIRECT to frFeeder ?
    (Maybe it isn't possible?)
    The program that I got is called FR24feed, and it doesn't appear to have any way to take data directly from a serial port, which is how the GNS5890 appears to the computer. Software applications like adsbSCOPE generate the IP data streams that FR24feed uses. Shut down that software and the IP stream goes away.

Perhaps there's a program out there that can take the serial output and encapsulate the data in IP packets. I'm not aware of any. If nobody else has made one, maybe I can take a stab at it. I'm no software developer, but such a trivial task should be within even my limited coding abilities.

Comment

• Someone started a new thread (which I can't link to since im using tapatalk right now) on how to use the GNS on a Pi with the fr24feeder. Might be worth looking there fo clues.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

Hello Flightradar24 community, Today i will show you how to get the GNS 5890 ADS-B Receiver running under Linux/Raspberry Pi. I had several problems doing this, so i get in touch with Roman (Developer of Adsbox) and finally we got it up and running. This tutorial should help all people to operate a cheap 24/7 feeding station
      Last edited by peterhr; 2014-03-22, 08:24. Reason: added link (from PC)

Comment

• Maybe I have been asleep, but did we ever get the statistics for software (F-) feeders?

Comment

• For questions regarding contacting support please read http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...acting-support

Off topic discussions deleted

Comment

• Originally posted by Kpin View Post
            Maybe I have been asleep, but did we ever get the statistics for software (F-) feeders?
            Crap - I was thinking of T-feeders - like me . Was the feeder software to be updated before it would work?

Comment

Crap - I was thinking of T-feeders - like me . Was the feeder software to be updated before it would work?
              You need to be running feeder 2.41

Comment

• Originally posted by peterhr View Post
                You need to be running feeder 2.41
                You need to be more specific. The one I can download is versioned BETA v32 ...

Comment

• It seems that 2.41 is available for Linux only ? Statistics are working very fine since a few days with that version running on a Rasp PI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You need to be more specific. The one I can download is versioned BETA v32 ...
                    The Windows Beta w32 version seems to be

http://feed.flightradar24.com/updates/232/fr24feed.exe - I would assume that is version 2.32 and does seem rather old (19-Mar-2013) ... Surprised it's not been updated.

The Linux version is 2.41 from 20-Feb-2014

Stats needs 2.41 or later

Comment

• Actually the newest beta version of Windows feeder is v2.33...

Have a look:
                      http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...ll=1#post34993

Comment

• Originally posted by Dundee View Post
                        Actually the newest beta version of Windows feeder is v2.33...

Have a look:
                        http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...ll=1#post34993
                        Shame it's not offered on the http://www.flightradar24.com/software page!

Comment

• Hello FR24 Team, I have the T-SAEZ2 feeder online, and I would need to add a remote receiver

1) if you can change the data port that feeds the fr24feed
                          (i.e Change 30003 for 30010)?

2) and if possible first, if you can run two fr24feed program on the same machine?

thanks in advance

Comment

• If you have general question about Flightradar24, you might get the fastest answer directly on the forum. BUT If you have questions about YOUR feed, YOUR account, YOUR hosted receiver, YOUR problem you won't probably get an answer on the forum, but you should contact support@fr24.com Support is answering tickets as fast as

Comment

• Unfortunately I'm behind a very restrictive firewall. The Windows feeder automatically tries to connect to data.flight24.com (IP address 83.140.247.21) on port 8099 (? the port number isn't completely visible and the dialog window isn't resizable), but this fails due to the firewall.

Is there a command line option to have the FR24 feeder connect to localhost so I can create a SSH tunnel?

Comment

• Originally posted by Yahoodi View Post
                                It seems that 2.41 is available for Linux only ? Statistics are working very fine since a few days with that version running on a Rasp PI.
                                Thanks for the hint, I was running the windows version because I need to run the Kinetic Basestation software anyway, to decode the ADS-B data, so it made sense to run fr24feed on the same VM.

I'm now running the Linux version talking to BaseStation over the LAN, and I have the very nice statistics available now.
                                - Matt
                                T-YPPH2

Comment

Working...
                                X