X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
    There is no installer or uninstaller.
    FR24 feeder software is just an .exe file. Delete it and it's gone.
    G'Day Mike. Thanks for that. All done. Here's another silly question...
    I need to rewrite an old VB6 app (WHOS-IN in out board) to use the web, phones, etc - just like FR does.
    Would you mind telling me what database backend & web frontend you use to allow so many devices to work seamlessly please ?
    Thanks, Greg.
    GNS 5890 (German), 2 x DVB-T Dongles (China / USA), Mobile One SAN-1090 external base antenna (Australian), Heliax coax (USA).
    HDSDR, Plane Plotter (full version, but not working), adsbScope, Virtual Radar.

Comment

• We use MySQL, C++, PHP and Javascript.

Comment

• Another dumb question...
        I use the GNS decoder, which feeds data into adsbScope, which in turn feeds into FRfeed
        Are there any alternatives to adsbScope? (It keeps crashing on me every 24 to 48 hours).
        Is there any reason why FR has to go through this intermediary step ? Any chance FRfeed could talk directly to the hardware ?
        Regards, Greg.
        GNS 5890 (German), 2 x DVB-T Dongles (China / USA), Mobile One SAN-1090 external base antenna (Australian), Heliax coax (USA).

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
          We use MySQL, C++, PHP and Javascript.
          WOW, that was a quick reply ! Thanks mate. I appreciate it.

Comment

• Originally posted by GregHudson View Post
            I use the GNS decoder, which feeds data into adsbScope, which in turn feeds into FRfeed
            The place that sold me my GNS 5890 is recommending PlanePlotter. It's worth a look, although it's also pretty raw and short on documentation.

Have you been successful in getting adsbScope to talk with FR24feed? I've double-checked all of my configurations, but FR24feed still shows "Network: OFF" and "Info: No aircraft..." even though I have a bunch. My Premium account shows no feeds, and I can't get a sharing key either.

Anyone???

Comment

• Originally posted by Speed Daemon View Post
              The place that sold me my GNS 5890 is recommending PlanePlotter. It's worth a look, although it's also pretty raw and short on documentation.

Have you been successful in getting adsbScope to talk with FR24feed? I've double-checked all of my configurations, but FR24feed still shows "Network: OFF" and "Info: No aircraft..." even though I have a bunch. My Premium account shows no feeds, and I can't get a sharing key either.

Anyone???
              Look for the icon above in adsbSCOPE that says start SERVER (decoded data).

That outputs on port 30003 which the FR24 feeder software uses.

To get a sharing key fill up the form in the feeder software.

John

F-RPVD1

Comment

• Originally posted by GregHudson View Post
                Another dumb question...
                Are there any alternatives to adsbScope? (It keeps crashing on me every 24 to 48 hours).
                Is there any reason why FR has to go through this intermediary step ? Any chance FRfeed could talk directly to the hardware ?
                Regards, Greg.
                Don't know about your particular receiver but dongles will talk to FR24 feeder without software in the middle by checking the use port /30003.

If you are using adbsSCOPE with that type of hardware the check to use port /30003 will cause a conflict with adbsSCOPE. AdbsSCOPE communicates with hardware via TCP.

John

F-RPVD1

Comment

• Thanks for the help, John! Let me go over this step by step:

Originally posted by paradiselost View Post
                  Look for the icon above in adsbSCOPE that says start SERVER (decoded data).
                  Check. That one I had already found and configured.

That outputs on port 30003 which the FR24 feeder software uses.
                  Check. I've verified the port all-around and all were set to 30003. In addition I checked to make sure that there's a line in the hosts file pointing localhost to 127.0.0.1. I also tried replacing "localhost" with 127.0.0.1 in FR24feed to see if that helps.

The adsbSCOPE debug window shows "New client Connected" when I'm running FR24feed. It appears to be linking just fine. One thing that I've noticed is that occasionally the "Info" message goes from "No aircraft: at least 2 required" to something like "Not enough aircraft...". Another thing is that most of the aircraft that I see are giving incomplete data. (Yes, I looked for CRC errors -- none.) Could it be that the feeder is rejecting most to all of the planes that I see because they're not squawking the full ADS-B out implementation?

To get a sharing key fill up the form in the feeder software.
                  Do you mean the place where I put my e-mail address and coordinates? I do that over and over, and there is a file called "fr24feed.key" being created, but it's not a text file. And it keeps asking me over and over. Shouldn't I be getting a text (0-9, A-F) string?

Comment

Thanks for the help, John! Let me go over this step by step:

Check. I've verified the port all-around and all were set to 30003. In addition I checked to make sure that there's a line in the hosts file pointing localhost to 127.0.0.1. I also tried replacing "localhost" with 127.0.0.1 in FR24feed to see if that helps.
                    Unless you are talking about software that came with your USB receiver I know of no place in the feed software that it is possible to enter an IP.

Originally posted by Speed Daemon View Post
                    The adsbSCOPE debug window shows "New client Connected" when I'm running FR24feed. It appears to be linking just fine. One thing that I've noticed is that occasionally the "Info" message goes from "No aircraft: at least 2 required" to something like "Not enough aircraft...". Another thing is that most of the aircraft that I see are giving incomplete data. (Yes, I looked for CRC errors -- none.) Could it be that the feeder is rejecting most to all of the planes that I see because they're not squawking the full ADS-B out implementation?
                    Unless contacts are sending their call sign and latitude and longitude they are not usable contacts. The feed software requires valid contacts. Depending where you are invalid contacts are numerous.

Originally posted by Speed Daemon View Post
                    Do you mean the place where I put my e-mail address and coordinates? I do that over and over, and there is a file called "fr24feed.key" being created, but it's not a text file. And it keeps asking me over and over. Shouldn't I be getting a text (0-9, A-F) string?
                    The key file is just a 16 digit/character string ending with a plus sign issued when you connect and track valid targets. FR24 issues the key file.

The feed software just reads this file. It is a text file with a .key extension. It is basically your password for your system.

If you have the key sent by FR24 leave the system running 24 hours and see if it starts running.

FR24 Feeder software OFF and ON working correctly.

John

F-RPVD1

Comment

• Is this where modesmixer comes in to do a bit of format translation.

If this was a RTL dongle, then it would use rtl1090 or dump1090 to provide an output to resemble a mode-s beast on port 30003.

That information from port 30003 can then be used as an
                      - input to ADSBscope (adsbscope just providing plots, no TCP output)
                      - input into fr24feed

Don't know what the GNS dongle provides - but I'm wondering if you have more software layers than you need.

Comment

• Originally posted by paradiselost View Post
                        Unless you are talking about software that came with your USB receiver I know of no place in the feed software that it is possible to enter an IP.

Maybe I got a malware version or something. That would explain everything. The non-text key file, the non-functional program etc.

I'm turning this over to FR24 support. Let them get their house is in order before I put my systems at risk again.

Thanks for all the help!

Comment

• Apologies for asking a stupid question which probably was covered numerous times. I am a T sharer and noticed a no of F sharers recently appearing in my area, my question is what is the difference. I am not complaining as the more sharers the better for the hobby. Apologies again.

Comment

• Originally posted by eyeinthesky View Post
                            Apologies for asking a stupid question which probably was covered numerous times. I am a T sharer and noticed a no of F sharers recently appearing in my area, my question is what is the difference. I am not complaining as the more sharers the better for the hobby. Apologies again.
                            T = You bought the equipment and are feeding the data out of the goodness of your heart. And you get premium for free.
                            F = FR24 owns the equipment. We applied to host, and were approved. We provide the site location and the data connection. And we get premium as well.

That's the difference.

A.J.
                            F-KBOI2

Comment

• Many thanks A J.

Comment

Anyone???
                                G'Day. I purchased my GNS direct from GNS in Germany, and they also recommended PlanePlotter which I could not get working - hence the change to adsbScope, BUT... both of these programs are there to display the data on a local MAP. I don't care about local display, and figured the FR24 feeder software would be more reliable talking direct to the decoder. However, when I switch adsbScope OFF, the frFeeder icon changes from Green/Yellow to Green/Red (I assume this means it (frFeeder) is not working any longer).

So, does anyone have the GNS5890 talking DIRECT to frFeeder ?
                                (Maybe it isn't possible?)

Regards, Greg.

Comment

Working...
                                X