Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fir the first instance to work the /30003 needs to be outside the the "s that run the .exe ala .exe" /30003
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Using RTL1090 Command Line Switches In Order to Feed FR24

Originally posted by Malcolml View Post
      Harrie45, thanks, I tried that but Windows 7/64 doesn't seem to let me put a switch after the basic command. But as the RTL window already said the UDP target was Port 30003 I thought that was OK.
      Ditch the original RTL1090 software. If you got it here, complain, they did you no favor. All of the Beta versions have a GUI that allows you to see visually what options are selected and the CONFIG screen allows you to select command line switches without the need to edit you desktop shortcut to add command lines.

If you need support for RTL1090 software issues join their Yahoo group. http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/rtl1090_english/info
      There you will find that the latest Beta is 103.

If you must persist with command line switches the proper syntax is "PathtoRTL1090"Space "/CommandlineSwitch"Space"ETC". The double quote marks and spaces between elements are mandatory.

In order to use command line switches edit the properties of a RTL1090 icon on your desktop. The Target is what is edited and click apply. If your version of RTL1090 software changes be sure to edit the Target of you desktop icon, updating the name of the current program.

John

T-RPVD1

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.
      Last edited by paradiselost; 2013-10-17, 20:11. Reason: URL correction

Comment

• RTL1090 Beta.jpg Hi paradiselost/John. OK I am running the Beta of RTL now and the FR feeder shows Basestation: OK (with varying number of aircraft. How do I know my data is getting through now, in the FR24 dispolay I dont see my Radar ID tagged on any aircraft, even when they are right overhead.
        By the way hope you are OK in Dumaguete with the earthquakes, they got it bad last year with the Negros earthquake and now with Bohol. I know Dumaguete and the southern part of Cebu, Looc, as well as Cebu City and Panglao, Bohol, I visit quite often. Stay safe!

Comment

• Originally posted by Malcolml View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]2777[/ATTACH] How do I know my data is getting through now
          Your Premium account will show if your feeder is online.

Comment

• I cant see anything to show if I have Premium Account and when I try to sign in manually it does not recognise my email or login name.
            Is there anywhere that gives step by step instructions on using RTL1090 Beta together with FR24 feeder. All I can find is how to set up PlanePlotter and everything else I follow loops back to the green button with "I already have ADS-B equipment. I have searched the forums. Maybe something is lost in the translation into English. There must be some indication that the feed is reaching Flightradar servers.

Comment

• if you are feeding create account here https://premium.flightradar24.com/premium/ using e-mail adress same as you are using to feed via fr24 software,then login.
              For official support use Contact Form

Comment

• Hello I'm new and I ran RTL1090 Beta 2 and set the port to 30003 and all seems well. I see data from planes but until info on flightradar24 it shows No aircraft, at least 2 required. Therefore I can't enter a sharing key. Am I doing something wrong?

Comment

• you are in an area where you may see non tracked aircraft. not all send GPS locations. which means the site cannot do much with the data. you have to wait for 2 trackable ac to be in range
                  Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Kamakzie View Post
                    Am I doing something wrong?
                    No, but moving the DVB antenna to "see" more sky may help you track at least two aircraft sending positional data.

See the RTL1090 online help to change the screen to check how many aircraft you are seeing with positional data.

Comment

• ..or maybe position the antenna so it can see more sky - so the two aircraft required can be further away. Once you're up and running you can start looking at what you can do with an antenna - it's rewarding to work out how to make something up from things you may have in a shed or spares box almost for nothing or very low cost. There are threads and links for this in this forum space.

Welcome to your new hobby.

[ I guess we were both typing at the same time ]
                      Last edited by peterhr; 2013-10-22, 08:28.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kamakzie View Post
                        Hello I'm new and I ran RTL1090 Beta 2 and set the port to 30003 and all seems well. I see data from planes but until info on flightradar24 it shows No aircraft, at least 2 required. Therefore I can't enter a sharing key. Am I doing something wrong?
                        A good free software package to use in conjunction with RTL1090 and the FR24 feeder software is Virtual Radar available at http://www.virtualradarserver.co.uk/Download.aspx. Setup can be a bit tricky but there are tutorials available through Google searches that explain how to do it.

I run it on the feeder for T-KISP3 and it works fine in parallel with the FR24 software. I have an internet accessible URL to that software that allows me to see how well it is picking up aircraft independently for the FR24 site.
                        T-KISP3 feeder covering KFRG and KISP airports on Long Island.

Comment

• Thanks guys, I let it run all night and when I got up this morning I saw the congratulations screen! I run this whenever I'm not messing about with the police scanner and SDRsharp.

Comment

• The FR24box statistics page is getting ready and will hopefully be released next week. Here is a small preview of what will be available.

Comment

• What is the "241927 points received" used for ?

points = number of Lat/Lon location on each ADS-B data upload?
                              Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
                              [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

• Well, I fondly thought I was feeding online for the last couple of weeks but I havnt seen any "Congratulations screen" although I have been able to access FR24 Premium. Anyway, I'm travelling to Philippines tomorrow and will be in sight of Clark Airfield for a couple of weeks so I'll see what happens there. I see there is no coverage of that area and the airfield is not even mentioned. It has an increasing number of carriers using it Air Asia/EK/QR/CX/OZ etc and plans to make it a main airport for Manila eventually.

Comment

Working...
                                X