X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Human Nature What it Is on the Bleeding Edge of Technology

Originally posted by F1JEK View Post
    I understand your point of vue, nevertheless, you can understand mine :

My feeder indicates [40/30] and I can't even find my radar on the web site, it's a good reason to ask a technical question, no ?

It is the universal ham radio spirit to do something to be useful for the community. As soon as this is not the case but only a personal advantage (premium status), it's interesting but not enough (for me) to maintain so much equipments under voltage.

I know that FR24 is a private company and this is a good reason for our points of vue to be different.

The sticks are good enough for you as soon as they cover for free (at least for you) an area. It's a little bit worrying to be suddenly eliminated. You can understand, I think.
    All dongle radar is not created equal. Latency between the radar and the server impacts competing dongle radars in the same range. Your system clock can defeat the best dongle radar station uploads and the timestamping. The type of antenna and the location affects the number of messages and signal strength you are decoding from a contact.

I would suggest looking at the commissioning video and observe the GPS light. Every message has the same GPS time stamp sync that the server in Sweden uses. The loaner boxes have hardware decoding that can and will be updated over the internet versus software decoding in the RTL1090 software. The FR24 loaner boxes are precision devices.

If as a dongle station owner-operator you have a loaner box near your max-range you will lose the contacts you used to track for FR24. This is a fact repeated over and over with much anguish.

What started out as a hobby with all the camaraderie like ham radio is in a transition phase to a commercial product with the proof of concept provided by pioneers with early expensive 1090 mhz receivers and beta testers with dongles.

These forums are appreciated by many but sometimes our vitriol wrankles our benefactors and they lock the threads. Please keep on topic.

John

T-RPVD1

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

Comment

• I have the latest FR24 feeder software for Windows and when I try to connect the dialogue box cycles through europe.fr24.com:80, australia.fr24.com:80 and 223.27.20.12:8099 and each one results in a "Could not connect" error. I can also not connect using my Linux feeder. My internet connection is fine so what's the problem? I've logged a support call but haven't heard from them yet. Feeder is T-NZPM1.
      Michael
      Palmerston North,
      New Zealand
      ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• Hi
        I am at the moment feeding in from an old SBS1, T feeder. Original vintage, in the first 50 made according to the serial. Anyway, I digress.

My area is covered from each direction by various F feeders, which I think are FR24 boxes and they invariably take priority.

I have noticed that there is one plane that normally routes Paris/New York that always feeds in from my T feed in preference to any F feeder. I was wondering if the kit in that particular plane has some sort of mild tolerance deviation from spec that means my SBS1 receives it better and faster than any FR24 receiver? I don't know if this is even possible but I do know that in any piece of electronics there can be small deviations in performance, it's part of mass production and as long as they are within tolerance, it passes the test.

Any comments?

The usual caveats apply, it is well within the range of the F feeders as FL360.

Comment

• Pinging each of the above addresses all result in Timed Out messages
          Michael
          Palmerston North,
          New Zealand
          ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• Anomaly in MY ACCOUNT Report

When checking My Account option when logging in there seems to be an anomaly.

The correct local time was 12:56 +8.00
            The GMT time reported on the main page was:03:56:56
            The My Account recorded my last upload as a time in the future.

Radar: T-RPVD1 Status: Online Last upload (~5min): 2013-09-29 06:56:27

I am using the Beta Windows software for feeding.

John

T-RPVD1

Comment

• Using a DVB dongle and trying to feed data to Flightradar 24 Feeder software to get my sharing key. This is the problem i'm having. Network OFF? Mode-S:NO?

1.JPG2.JPG

Comment

• Originally posted by alexmccubbin View Post
                Using a DVB dongle and trying to feed data to Flightradar 24 Feeder software to get my sharing key. This is the problem i'm having. Network OFF? Mode-S:NO?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2720[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2721[/ATTACH]
                Make sure port 30003 is turned on in rtl1090.
                Last edited by Aardvark; 2013-10-06, 17:08.
                T-KISP3 feeder covering KFRG and KISP airports on Long Island.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aardvark View Post
                  Make sure port 30000 is turned on in rtl1090.
                  I've got 30003 turned on as per the FR24 website. The FR24 Feed software is detecting rtl1090 but seems there is an issue with network (don't know what) and it says Mode-S is off even though it is switched on in rtl1090

Comment

I've got 30003 turned on as per the FR24 website. The FR24 Feed software is detecting rtl1090 but seems there is an issue with network (don't know what) and it says Mode-S is off even though it is switched on in rtl1090
                    I had a similar situation myself as I was always getting the report that no aircraft were detected. I finally made some adjustments and it started working. I do not recall exactly which settings were problematic off hand but these are screen captures of my settings. Perhaps they will point you in the right direction. Note I am using the latest beta of RTL1090 which is why it looks different from your screen. The settings are the same just organized differently:

RTL1090 (1).pngRTL1090 (2).png
                    Last edited by Aardvark; 2013-10-06, 17:10.
                    T-KISP3 feeder covering KFRG and KISP airports on Long Island.

Comment

• Is it possible to feed to both the Flightradar24 feeder software and also ADSBScope on another computer. At the moment I am running the RTL1090 software feeding to ADSBScope which is feeding Flightradar24 feeder but want to move the setup to the attic so would like to run ASDBScope on a computer downstairs. ADSBScope has a setting which I think should enable to receive data from a remote instance but I have not been able to get it to work even with the "server" firewall disabled.

I already know that by starting RTL1090 with the "/30003" switch it will talk directly to the feeder software. However is the RTL1090 software able to feed both the feeder software and ADSBScope?

Comment

Using a DVB dongle and trying to feed data to Flightradar 24 Feeder software to get my sharing key. This is the problem i'm having. Network OFF? Mode-S:NO?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2720[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2721[/ATTACH]
                        The RTL1090 software you are using is not the latest. Get the beta and you can see visually when something is on or off.

Send UDP has to be selected.

Mode-S has to be selected rather than Mode-AC.

Your screenshot showed that List was enabled which is why the flight ident, callsign etc are not shown and when in the List Mode the software will not communicate Mode-S to your feeder software.

In the beta there are separate tabs for list and table.

The pink led is lit so port 30003 is selected to communicate with the feeder but will not if the SEND UDP is not selected.

The feeder keys are sent by email after you signup. copy and paste.

The attachment shows your dongle was tracking 7 planes but it was just not communicating due to selection of wrong configuration in you RTL1090 software.

John

T-RPVD1

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.
                        Last edited by paradiselost; 2013-10-06, 23:41. Reason: typo

Comment

• Send UDP has to be selected.
                          Not needed :-)

The pink light will be ON is the feeder uses the Base Station port.
                          The Green light is for Plane Plotter (for example)
                          The purple one is for GlobeS-RTL

J-Luc

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                            No Aircraft, At least 2 required: The upload software is expecting to see 2+ TRACKED (adsb signal WITH GPS information) before it connects to the network to ensure it does not dish out keys to areas without ADSB equipped aircraft.
                            Is there any good reason why you require two aircraft? I dont have the ability to place a large antenna here at the moment, therefore I dont have the range. However for two hours I havent been able to get two aircraft within range too trigger the application to send for a sharing key. Unusual request maybe, but what if you were a feeder in an area where even with the highest gain antenna you could never get two aircraft at the same time?

Comment

• The rule is there to prevent bogus data, or every man and his dog from registering and taking up an alias reserve spot. This ensures there is actually aircraft receivable in the area.

Email support for manual activation if you can be assured you have ADSB equipped aircraft actually within in your airspace/range.
                              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Hi,

have a look at post 118 in this thread http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...antenna/page12

It describes how to make a simple dipole antenna from Coaxial cable - Mount it so the inner goes up, the second element goes down and the 'feed' goes out horizontally maybe 30cm before being directed to the reciever. I made one up where the down feed was just taped to a bamboo cane (bean pole) and temporarily fixed just above the edge of the roof (actually tied to a window frame).

This simple antenna will pick up signals from maybe 120Km or more (could be much more!) if it has no big obstructions for the signal from the plane.

Welcome to the new hobby, it's frustrating when you go to a load of effort and you get stuck at the last stage - but this is easy step to get a quick result and will reward you.
                                Last edited by peterhr; 2013-10-08, 11:06.

Comment

Working...
                                X