X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Longer USB cable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harrie45 View Post
      I am using a USB dongle. To place the antenna at a better position I need 3 meter extra between antenna and PC. What is best to do: a longer coax cable or a longer USB cable?

see here
      - You can use alu foil, but make sure it touches the metal part of the USB plug. - Remove the metal support from the USB extension cable on...
      Last edited by eddm_muc; 2013-09-07, 11:34.

Comment

• Deffinatly Extend the USB.

By Extending the Coax, you will lose signal,. And USB,
        you can extend upto 10meters(Repeater Cable),. it is recommended using
        the 5meter lenght,. but I used the 10meter USB repeater cable, which worked OK.

then I changed to Power line Connect,. and wished Id done it in the first
        place (No need to drill holes for cable.)
        But you must have the same power cercuit line at both ends

Also remember,. AIS and ADS-B Frequency,. are not the same,. there is
        a very big differents.
        Last edited by delcomp; 2013-09-07, 10:21.
        (F-EDLE1)delcomp-DEL-David Tks(My friend Mike, all three of them)

URL: http://banner.flightdiary.net/EDLM
        1090SJ(Ae) /(6m. Ecoflex10) / SBS 3 /-FR24 Box/ Power-line Connection (Ethernet)

Comment

• I tried the USB extension and works well. The things explained in the link of eddm_muc are not so easy in practice. But it triggered me to use ferrites at the USB cable ends. And I had some ferrites laying around.

@delcomp did you use devolo dLAN 200AV USB-extender? (looks like the the picture in your signature)

Yes,. I use the dLAN200AV,. works a treat...16.09.2013. Del
          Last edited by delcomp; 2013-09-16, 08:28.

Comment

• connecting problems again: cannot connect to 83.140.247.21:8099..... Other Internet traffic seems OK.

Comment

• I have discovered today that none of the 30 planes I send from T-LFBU1 with the FR24 feeder are taken into account because the new F-LFBI1 (which is 100km north of me) and the new F-LFBO1 (100km south) "take" all the planes under their name. This is not very encouraging, I think to give-up.
              Last edited by F1JEK; 2013-09-22, 15:18.

Comment

• Originally posted by F1JEK View Post
                I have discovered today that none of the 30 planes I send from T-LFBU1 with the FR24 feeder are taken into account because the new F-LFBI1 (which is 100km north of me) and the new F-LFBO1 (100km south) "take" all the planes under their name. This is not very encouraging, I think to give-up.
                I think all of your planes was stored in the Database. But as i understood only the latest Radar is displayed. I have mostly about 10-15 planes and have never ever seen some of them at the FR24 website. There are lots of other Radars in my neighborhood. But as long i get Premium for free, all is OK for me

Comment

I have discovered today that none of the 30 planes I send from T-LFBU1 with the FR24 feeder are taken into account because the new F-LFBI1 (which is 100km north of me) and the new F-LFBO1 (100km south) "take" all the planes under their name. This is not very encouraging, I think to give-up.
                  Is there a reason why this is important? When I first started feeding in July, I had a lot of planes showing up. Since then, F-KTEB1, F-KMHT1, F-KSWF1 and F-KBED1 pretty much cover all the planes in holes that I was covering and that F-KJFK1 and F-3N61 were not. It doesn't really matter to me as it costs me nothing to keep the feed on. There is the occasional plane out over a small section of the Atlantic that I still cover that the others cannot reach.
                  T-KISP3 feeder covering KFRG and KISP airports on Long Island.

Comment

It's a common complaint / disappointment, hopefully you don't feel that you have gone to a lot of expense for nothing.

Do you have somewhere else that you could locate the equipment that has internet and 360 degree clear view of the sky (a cabin?), or relatives who could look after it for you in and area without cover.

Comment

I am also puzzeled about which 'radar' is the active one feeding for FR24. I see planes flying by my house approximately 1000ft from the antenna at an altitude of 1000ft (rock solid high signal strength), but a 'radar' 100km from my house is covering it. Only when the plane goes under the horizon for that far away station my 'radar' takes over for the last kilometer to the nearby airport. I asked already in this thread what the algorithm is that FR24 uses, but I did not get an answer that was not argued by others. If your 'radar' is not used it is better to switch it off to save energy cost.
                      Last edited by Harrie45; 2013-09-22, 17:27.

Comment

• Yes. I think that the boxes provided by FR24 are high priority somewhere.

It doesn't really matter to me as it costs me nothing to keep the feed on.
                        I'm not used to keep an equipment ON without any useable result.

Comment

• The answer we have been given when we have asked is the fastest (processing) radar receiver is the one that wins, and that is the BeagleBone + Radarcape http://www.modesbeast.com/radarcape-weblog.html with Flight Radar 24 tailored software on it. This is the FR24 reciever that is sent out free.

It would be interesting to see if the FR24 receiver still won if it came to a contest with a radarcape receiver supplied other than by FR24 ... if it was released for sale to the public.
                          Last edited by peterhr; 2013-09-22, 18:02.

Comment

• This thread is for issues with the feeder software. Not your disappointment at glory. Back on track before it gets all deleted/locked.

Assuming your uploader is showing green/green and a number in the [] and AC - the servers are seeing your data. Enjoy the free premium

If you are purchasing equipment purely for bragging rights that your radar alias shows on a website, you are in it for the wrong reasons and be prepared to be let down unless you are also using the data for your own interests. I too use to show up a lot, now I do not. So be it.

As pointed out numerous times, the sticks are just not fast enough with no onboard processing chip compared to expensive models so don't expect anything less than a FR24 or mode-s beast to have preference.

Now back on track.
                            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• I understand your point of vue, nevertheless, you can understand mine :
                              Not your disappointment at glory.
                              My feeder indicates [40/30] and I can't even find my radar on the web site, it's a good reason to ask a technical question, no ?

purely for bragging rights that your radar alias shows on a website, you are in it for the wrong reasons
                              It is the universal ham radio spirit to do something to be useful for the community. As soon as this is not the case but only a personal advantage (premium status), it's interesting but not enough (for me) to maintain so much equipments under voltage.

I know that FR24 is a private company and this is a good reason for our points of vue to be different.

the sticks are just not fast enough with no onboard processing chip compared to expensive models so don't expect anything less than a FR24 or mode-s beast to have preference.
                              The sticks are good enough for you as soon as they cover for free (at least for you) an area. It's a little bit worrying to be suddenly eliminated. You can understand, I think.

Best regards

Comment

• We had the same discussion here
                                All about Flightradar24.com web page and Flightradar24 apps. No discussions about feeding data to Flightradar24.

Comment

Working...
                                X