• For a second sharing key you have to send an email requesting one to:

info@fr24.com
      Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

• Anmer, TKS

Comment

• Hi, I have only been sharing on here as YSCN1 for 2 days with no problems. However on 29th October when I turned the radio on (SBS-3), I am getting Network: Connecting, then Network: Error

It has gone on like this for some hours now, any ideas?

Mike

Comment

• looks like it happen to Bangkok feed also. VTBD1 has disappeared, only T-F4V now.

Sent from my iPad 2 Limited Ed. using Tapatalk HD
            T-VTBD1 : RadarBox 3km North of VTBD
            T-VTBD2 : RPi MLAT 300m South of VTBD

Comment

• Can not connect and send a feed for some reason this morning.Just showing error ?!

Comment

• I think there's a known connection issue that FR24 is fixing.
                Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

• And once again. The feeder heals itself.
                  T-VTBD1 : RadarBox 3km North of VTBD
                  T-VTBD2 : RPi MLAT 300m South of VTBD

Comment

• Feeder Down

Yes, I am having same problem here this morning (alias T-YNAR1). Was working fine last night but this morning it won't connect. I have tried restarting Basestation and the feeding software of course but no good.

Internet and all else working OK.

Any ideas?

I notice a new feeder in the area (T-YSDU1). Is this just T-YPKS1 relocated? Are the feeder issues related to this???
                    Last edited by Bloods; 2012-10-31, 20:31.

Comment

• Very little traffic over Australia this morning, and i see that I can not connect to the server, looks like the gremlins are back at work today Mike....

Just checked and Premium is saying not connected since 13-21-34 gmt.
                      Last edited by sirsteve; 2012-10-31, 20:43.

Comment

• Yes mine says last upload 2012-10-31 15:20:20 I guess that is GMT ??

Comment

• Originally posted by Bloods View Post
                          Yes, I am having same problem here this morning (alias T-YNAR1). Was working fine last night but this morning it won't connect. I have tried restarting Basestation and the feeding software of course but no good.

Internet and all else working OK.

Any ideas?

I notice a new feeder in the area (T-YSDU1). Is this just T-YPKS1 relocated? Are the feeder issues related to this???
                          I've notified FR24 of the current issue with the server and I'm sure it will be fixed in due course. They've recently put us on a different server for the 'Oceania' region. It seems anyone already uploading at this time is unaffected but anyone attempting to do so is unable to get on (myself included). It has nothing to do with the new feeders T-YSDU1 or T-YPKS1 and as far as I know they are seperate feeders. I believe if you leave your uploader software 'on' it should start uploading when the issue is fixed. (I'm currently confirming this with the guys at FR24).

Regards,
                          gregg (T-YSSY4)
                          Last edited by fungus; 2012-10-31, 21:31.
                          YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

• Thanks Gus for the update. Will just wait for issues to be resolved and hopefully some explanation as to why? Have a great day

Comment

• Originally posted by Bloods View Post
                              Thanks Gus for the update. Will just wait for issues to be resolved and hopefully some explanation as to why? Have a great day
                              No worries mate and welcome to the world of FR24. We likely wont get the reason for the issue (which doesnt actually bother me as I'm not a techo). Servers are frequently down (including the map and chat) and back up again (probably due to circumstances outside of FR24's control) and I think placing various areas and the chat and map on different servers goes some way to overcome the situation when issues arise (we dont lose everything all at once).
                              Regards,
                              gregg
                              YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

• Originally posted by fungus View Post
                                No worries mate and welcome to the world of FR24. We likely wont get the reason for the issue (which doesnt actually bother me as I'm not a techo). Servers are frequently down (including the map and chat) and back up again (probably due to circumstances outside of FR24's control) and I think placing various areas and the chat and map on different servers goes some way to overcome the situation when issues arise (we dont lose everything all at once).
                                Regards,
                                gregg
                                We will check what the reason behind the feeding problem is.

I just want to comment your post "Servers are frequently down (including the map and chat)".

We think that the stability of the flight tracking service is very important. The map is hosted by Google, and their servers are very very stable. The server providing the map with flight data is hosted by FR24 and I think that this server has been down once last six months due to FR24 server issues. It was also working a bit slow about 2 months ago when FR24 got posted and linked on Reddit (one of the biggest web pages on internet) and we got 5-10 times more visitors than normally. So 1,5 issues in 6 moths is not so frequent if you ask me.

Chat and Forum is hosted at en external hosting provider, not related to FR24, for several reasons. The main reason is that we want to focus on flight tracking and keep FR24 map working, and not spend time on other server issues not related to the map. An other reason is that if there is an issue with FR24 servers and/or network, it should still be possible to communicate this to our users. So the chat and forum are hosted at an external web hotel and if FR24 servers goes down we hope to be able to communicate this on chat/forum. The disadvantage of having an external hosting provider is that we have no possibility to control of affect the uptime or stability, but we still think is better that we focus on keeping FR24 up and not the chat or forum.

Comment

Working...
                                X