Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for your input David. As I wrote last error report in the thread is 25 May. This has been fixed.
    There is not a single error report after that. We cannot fix something that hasn't been reported.

Aircraft shown on map

I have tried to explain this several times, and I really don't know how to explain this. I will make
    another try. Lets assume we have 5 feeders in London. L1 L2 L3 L4 L5.

All 5 feeders sees BAW123 and uploads the aircraft to the server

L1 uploads at 12:34:50 and database is updated with L1 data + L1 radar code.
    L2 uploads at 12:34:51 and database is updated with L2 data + L2 radar code.
    L3 uploads at 12:34:52 and database is updated with L3 data + L3 radar code.
    L4 uploads at 12:34:53 and database is updated with L4 data + L4 radar code.
    L5 uploads at 12:34:54 and database is updated with L5 data + L5 radar code.

The data feed for FR24 www is generated at 12:34:54
    As L5 was the last one to send data before the feed was generated he will appear as "Radar" if you click on BAW123.
    The DOES NOT mean L1, L2, L3, L4 are broken, not feeding or have a software error. An aircraft can only be assigned
    to one feeder - the latest one. If your filter on L3, BAW123 will no be shown, as BAW123 is assigned to L5 right now.
    But once again, it doesn't mean it's something wrong with L3. This time the aircraft was last uploaded by L5, next
    time it might be L1, or L3 or maybe L5 again.

Since the the release of premium version yesterday you can check upload status on http://www.flightradar24.com/premium/
    if you signup for an account. This view will be improved a lot during the next weeks.

If it says ONLINE it's working (uploading data), very simple!
    Please note that "last upload" is updated every minute, not after every upload!
    If you run FR24 software, but don't upload data, it will say OFFLINE

This is how database looks like

344285 N-LIRP1 VLG6770 25825 43.8707427978516 8.4154634475708 456 114 EC-LQN 4655 0 2012-06-20 12:12:24 A320 BCN PSA VY6770 1340187144 0
    4004BC N-EHAM1 MON634 33025 52.65673828125 3.52378845214844 482 101 G-OJMR 0337 0 2012-06-20 12:12:24 A30B MAN PFO ZB634 1340187144 0
    4CA5C8 N-EIWF1 EIN846 8225 51.8486480712891 -8.28280067443848 278 61 EI-DVE 0000 0 2012-06-20 12:12:24 A320 ORK BRU EI846 1340187144 0
    484057 T-UNTT1 KLM892 34000 53.3820991516113 83.3296813964844 490 292 PH-BFO 0000 0 2012-06-20 12:12:23 B744 CTU AMS KL892 1340187142 0
    4A80D4 N-ESMS1 SAS1767 40975 55.8499145507812 17.4958934783936 443 179 SE-DTH 7331 0 2012-06-20 12:12:24 B736 ARN PRG SK1767 1340187144 0

All aircraft appears once in the live data database, with latest feeder, position, height, speed, squawk and so on.
    If we would like to show all feeders that sees an aircraft the database would expand from todays about 3000 rows (aircraft) to maybe 20.000 rows (same aircraft can be visible by 2-15 feeders). We would need several new servers to handle the increased data amount, data transfer rates would go up even more, and would need to show a list of up to 15 radars ever time you click on an aircraft. That is not realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt View Post
      Hi, Mike!
      Have you a plans to update sbs1station.php & uploader.php scripts? I'm using its for translation by ARM9-based Linux box.
      Thank you.
      We are still working on the Linux version. It will be announced when it's ready.

Comment

One question:

New Software - is it possible to work with the SBS-3?

In which directory do i put the programm?

Comment

Originally posted by Stoney View Post
          One question:

New Software - is it possible to work with the SBS-3?
          In which directory do i put the programm?
          FR24feed software can be put anywhere on the computer. It works together with Basestation software so you can use it with SBS-1 or SBS-3.

Comment

Perfect.

I am going to buy the SBS-3. The Computer will not be runing at the physical receiving site. It will be connected over the internet with the nearby receiver from LOWW (airport Schwechat / Austria).
            SBS-3 offers the feature Ethernet (IP). Therefore i want to use Planeplotter to connect via IP over the internet to the SBS-3.

A second computer will receive the data over the internet. On this computer i will be using the second receiver.

Do i need a second feed Login (KEY) for it, or can i use the received key on both computer?

Different Antennas/Computer for different coverage:
            1st Receiver: For airport activity (Computer 1 with airnav)
            2nd Receiver: For long distance (Computer 2 with Planeplotter and SBS-3)

Comment

Mike, FMEP and FMEE station using Airnav Radarbox + Planeplotter at the same time (since today) with the last FR24 Feed software.

But sometimes, certain aircraft do not show on the website map. What is going on ? The Feed software say "BaseStation OK [01 AC]" but no plane on the website.

i think the new Feed software take all of the bandwitdh via port 30003. With the old feed fr24 software, i remember that i can share data to 1,2 or 3 servers at the same time with the old FR24 feed software (with planeplotter or other feed software)...

(sorry for my bad english)
              Last edited by DeltaVictor; 2012-06-20, 14:38.

Comment

Mike
                I have to say I agree with both Karl and David in regard to the map. It is currently a shambles.
                Firstly I'm not surpsised that you havent received any error reports on 'the thread' to which you refer but dont name (you state the date of the last post was 25th May) as I cant even find it in the forum. That in itself has become something of a dogs breakfast.

As for the issues David raised you seem to have completely missed the points he brought up. Firstly, and I'll try to take this slowly, I live near Sydney (Australia) on the east coast and as such have my map zoomed in to approximately the state of NSW on startup. When I bring up the radars list instead of getting all radars that are currently displaying aircraft on the map all I get are those in my immediate area (that is, 'Oceania'). To get all of them to show up I need to zoom out to display the whole world, and then what I get is a list with repeated multiples of all the same radars instead of one concise list, as David explained. That is, multiple 'N' radars, multiple 'T' radars and multiple single radars (all repeated over and over again). David wasnt talking about displaying ALL known radars. This seems to be a problem noted by others on the chat regardless of which browser is in use, however the list does occasionally display apparently correctly.

Next point.
                I generally pick up aircraft taking off from Sydney at around 3,000ft or so (depending on the active rwy) . If they head northwest via Richmond I or one of the other Sydney radars will display them until YSTW (Tamworth) radar 'takes over'. What I have noticed is that when an aircraft takes off from Sydney it is not being displayed on the map at all until YSTW picks it up (or thereabouts) even though it is clearly on my radar and I am uploading. NOT ALL AIRCRAFT ARE DISPLAYING ON THE MAP. This is what David and I and others are finding and what he was explaining to you. Your answer had nothing to do with the issues raised.

Then there's Stoneys question about his sbs-3 and what to do with the new uploader software.
                These type of questions could be made totally unnecessary with a little communication in the first place. With the new uploader software all that would be needed is a simple 'readme' file or post in the forum to explain what to do, where it goes etc (and what not to do with it, if necessary). Personally I'd prefer the former as at least I would know where to find it. It seems to be assumed that since you guys know what to do with it then we all do. Then you might even negate the problem you've experienced with some guys using the old Mode-s software when the 'T' network failed. Some guys assumed they were doing the right thing by FR24 and running it. We find out after the event that you dont want it run under ANY circumstance. A tad late.

Anyway it's supposedly my day off so I'll leave you with these thoughts. Thanks for the premium service by the way. On first glance it seems to be very good.
                regards,
                gregg
                Last edited by fungus; 2012-06-21, 03:22.
                YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Originally posted by fungus View Post
                  Mike
                  I have to say I agree with both Karl and David in regard to the map. It is currently a shambles.
                  Firstly I'm not surpsised that you havent received any error reports on 'the thread' to which you refer but dont name (you state the date of the last post was 25th May) as I cant even find it in the forum. That in itself has become something of a dogs breakfast.
                  The thread I'm referring to is this one we are writing in now. Last error report is 25 May. http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...ll=1#post17690
                  I can't find any error reports after that. Maybe I have missed something?

Mike
                  As for the issues David raised you seem to have completely missed the points he brought up. Firstly, and I'll try to take this slowly, I live near Sydney (Australia) on the east coast and as such have my map zoomed in to approximately the state of NSW on startup. When I bring up the radars list instead of getting all radars that are currently displaying aircraft on the map all I get are those in my immediate area (that is, 'Oceania'). To get all of them to show up I need to zoom out to display the whole world, and then what I get is a list with repeated multiples of all the same radars instead of one concise list, as David explained. That is, multiple 'N' radars, multiple 'T' radars and multiple single radars (all repeated over and over again). David wasnt talking about displaying ALL known radars. This seems to be a problem noted by others on the chat regardless of which browser is in use, however the list does occasionally display apparently correctly.
                  Sorry but I can't reproduce the "problem". Can you send a screenshot?

I think that the biggest problem here is that we showed the radar codes to the public when we launched FR24. As we don't have correct radar code data anyway (as I explained in Davids post), showing the codes is generating an enormous amount of complains, questions and e-mails. Every day I have to answer 5-20 mails about these codes. Complete waste of time. Instead of focusing on relevant issues we have to deal with this codes that will never show correct data anyway.

Mike
                  Next point.
                  I generally pick up aircraft taking off from Sydney at around 3,000ft or so (depending on the active rwy) . If they head northwest via Richmond I or one of the other Sydney radars will display them until YSTW (Tamworth) radar 'takes over'. What I have noticed is that when an aircraft takes off from Sydney it is not being displayed on the map at all until YSTW picks it up (or thereabouts) even though it is clearly on my radar and I am uploading. NOT ALL AIRCRAFT ARE DISPLAYING ON THE MAP. This is what David and I and others are finding and what he was explaining to you. Your answer had nothing to do with the issues raised.
                  This is really hard for me to check. Can you provide me with a screenshot or an example? I can just add that we need to process 3 ADS-B messages (with 3 nearby positions), before we upload the data to the server on first contact to avoid broken transponder planes jumping all over the world and to exclude incorrect received positions. The time to process 3 ADS-B messages should be only about 2-6 seconds. On top of this it may take up to 5 seconds before data is uploaded, up to 2-3 seconds to process the data on server, and up to 8 seconds before data is downloaded to your browser. So it can take about 15-25 seconds from you see an aircraft in Airnav/Basestation until you see the data on FR24. Apart from that there is also an issue with the 2 databases (old and new). When we merge data from both sources in some rare occasions some aircraft can drop off. We are currently monitoring this and made some changes yesterday, but the problem will completely disappear when old database has been dropped.

Mike
                  Then there's Stoneys question about his sbs-3 and what to do with the new uploader software.
                  These type of questions could be made totally unnecessary with a little communication in the first place. With the new uploader software all that would be needed is a simple 'readme' file or post in the forum to explain what to do, where it goes etc (and what not to do with it, if necessary). Personally I'd prefer the former as at least I would know where to find it. It seems to be assumed that since you guys know what to do with it then we all do. Then you might even negate the problem you've experienced with some guys using the old Mode-s software when the 'T' network failed. Some guys assumed they were doing the right thing by FR24 and running it. We find out after the event that you dont want it run under ANY circumstance. A tad late.
                  I completely agree on the info part, that is something that we can be a lot better on. And that is also why I'm so angry about this radar codes, they are steeling valuable time from other important projects. We are finishing a project where we improve all the information given on the web page. There will also be possible to signup for a code automatically on the web page.

Regarding the old software, we clearly write in the mails we send out that the old software should be deleted. The old software, and not the new software as you think, is the devil behind almost all problems. As soon as the old database has been dropped a lot of problems will disappear.

Mike
                  Anyway it's supposedly my day off so I'll leave you with these thoughts. Thanks for the premium service by the way. On first glance it seems to be very good.
                  regards,
                  gregg
                  Thanks!

Comment

I can just add some more information about "not uploading all aircraft" issue. Basestation (and other similar software) is exporting only live receiver data on TCP port 30003. This data is picked up by old ModeS.exe feed software and the new FR24feed software and uploaded to FR24. That means that Basestation is not exporting the data on the screen. Basestation software has some caching settings where you can keep an aircraft on screen for X seconds after last aircraft message has been received, but this aircraft are not exported and uploaded to FR24.

That means that aircraft with very bad signal/coverage can be shown in Basestation, but not uploaded to FR24. Normally ADS-B messages are sent from the aircraft 2 times per second. But if coverage is very bad, and you have a high cache value in Basestation (30-60 seconds), an aircraft can be shown permanent in Basestation even if only one single message is received once every 20-30 seconds. But this could be too little data to be uploaded to FR24, as we are ignoring single messages as errors.

But if an aircraft has good coverage, is shown and moving in Basestation, it should of course get uploaded to FR24.

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaVictor View Post
                      Mike, FMEP and FMEE station using Airnav Radarbox + Planeplotter at the same time (since today) with the last FR24 Feed software.

But sometimes, certain aircraft do not show on the website map. What is going on ? The Feed software say "BaseStation OK [01 AC]" but no plane on the website.

i think the new Feed software take all of the bandwitdh via port 30003. With the old feed fr24 software, i remember that i can share data to 1,2 or 3 servers at the same time with the old FR24 feed software (with planeplotter or other feed software)...

(sorry for my bad english)
                      I will do some tests with planeplotter during the weekend. Let me get back about that.

Comment

Let me first say that I do appreciate the work being done by the FR24 team - it's a great product and more accurate that the competitors.
                        Could I just caution them about disabling the display of Radar codes that might seem to be a solution to the current problems.
                        Regular 24x7 Feeders (like me 360degree 220Mile) are happy to keep an eye on the quality of the data by checking how their local data is being displayed in FR24.
                        It's all part of the volunteer service from this community and I feel an obligation to do this.
                        I have found rubbish data on other competitor products AND I know my data is right from visual observations!
                        The Premium app seems to have a problem with tracking the current Radar and I will be unlikely to use it unless that is corrected.
                        Please remember this Radar feature is important to Feeders and does make your product more accurate and thus more popular.
                        Thanks again for your efforts.

Comment

I went out and installed two boxes but determined that coverage wasn't sufficient due to poor conditions.

Have been trying for 3 weeks to get a third feeder key and get some technical questions on the feeder app answered so I can bring the third site online but no response. I think Mike is pretty well loaded up with work having just done the Australia coverage project and how this premium gig. Not much time left to sleep I would imagine.

As long as my e-mail didn't go into their Spam folder I am still hopeful of getting a reply.

Comment

Found the 2 last posts e-mails + 10 other in spam. I have limited Internet access until Monday, so please let me get back to you on Monday.

Comment

Well that's that mystery solved!

I look forward to getting in touch.
                              Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              Found the 2 last posts e-mails + 10 other in spam. I have limited Internet access until Monday, so please let me get back to you on Monday.

Comment

Flight radar 24 premium

I have been up loading my data using the old feeder software (ModeS.exe) (radar EGVN)I enquired about Flight radar 24 premium and i was send the /my personal key to activate the software on the 20th & when I set it up it say's (You will need to choose your password if this is your first time using FR24 Premium) of which i have done. but i still cant sign in as it say (You have not yet confirmed your email. Check your inbox for a link)I still have not received this Email yet.I have contact mike regarding and his reply was. Hi,

Please try to click on the logo in the feeding software to get your premium account.

Regards
                                Mike

Hope some one can help.
                                (Radar EGVN)
                                Ivor

Comment

Working...
                                X