This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Amper View Post
    don't think anyone is going to agree with me, but "radar" should be removed from info.
    I'm feeder because it is my hobby, not to be shown on the map.
    FR24 is filtering feeds for best preformance for end user. We all are end user.
    If we're feeding we're not just end user - I'd vote to keep it on 'Premium', but i's meaningless on the vanilla page.

Maybe on the vanilla page remove squawk code too since it would even up the display line and is meaningless to most.

Comment

• Originally posted by peterhr View Post
      If we're feeding we're not just end user - I'd vote to keep it on 'Premium', but i's meaningless on the vanilla page.

Maybe on the vanilla page remove squawk code too since it would even up the display line and is meaningless to most.
      I didn't say "just", but we are end user same as non-feeders. At least I am.
      To keep it on premium is not going to solve this "problem"- whose radar is shown, whose is not..... All feeders have premium.
      For official support use Contact Form

Comment

• Agree, Maybe it should be removed till something better comes out on FR24 site.
        remove the info now and work on some FR24 feeder stats page like how FA is doing it. but make it much better.
        Maybe FR24 can work on something for all of us in year 2014
        Statistics for sites feeding ADS-B flight tracking data to FlightAware. Sites, users, countries, regions, and teams are ranked by the number of aircraft reported.

Originally posted by Amper View Post
        don't think anyone is going to agree with me, but "radar" should be removed from info.
        I'm feeder because it is my hobby, not to be shown on the map.
        FR24 is filtering feeds for best preformance for end user. We all are end user.
        Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
        [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

• So I like to see my radar appear from time to time and I'm not a true altruist like you are. Take it away completely and I might as well feed one of the competitors ... not that I'd be missed here but I might be appreciated there.

Comment

• I think we are all appreciated here.
            I like it too. I check what radar is picking flights in my QTH, is it my radar....or not. The only reason for my proposal is that every couple of days someone is unhappy here on the forum. That is why i think radar info should be removed. I was looking on PF page other day, there is no info about radar. Don't know about others.
            I'm not altruist. Just want to avoid "unhappyness" caused by fr24 system of displaying radar. I don't like it either. Actually hate to see 150NM away radar shown on the map for flight that is 20NM from me,or over my head, and shown on my adsbscope with perfect signal......but what can we do....
            For official support use Contact Form

Comment

• Miiiiiiike!
              Can you pass a F-SBJP1 email or contact?
              If yes, i can change experience whith her.
              Thank you!

Comment

• Details can not be given out, nor heaters contacted unless there is a requirement by the fr24 team to notify of feed issues.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
                Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Charky View Post
                  sorry to hear that, Jean-Luc
                  even if "your" data is not shown on the map that doesnt mean it is not used.
                  It is clear that a more performant receiver delivers more data to the server.
                  For a dongle the maximum amount of messages is around 500 per second, sbs a bit more than 1000, beast etc more than 2000.
                  And, data from the F- uploaders are filtered. So you might not see any data from ground vehicles in their upload.
                  That data you can pickup using the other receivers.
                  In the end of the day I think it IS a matter of the 5s feeding interval. Let´s give an example about this:
                  Here in Munich is a quite high density of F-receivers. About 4 weeks ago I had one PI running with an antenna mainly showing to northern and western direction because I cannot go directly to my rooftop. Until this I didn´t appear on the screen. After this I decided to install a second PI on the other side of the house but feeding to the same key. There are now some airplanes which are covered by both receivers. And what should I say: With just these airplanes I appear now on the screen, sometimes up to 4 or 5 at the same time. After I assume that both Receivers do not feed at the same time it has to be a matter of the feeding period...
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by T-EDDM2; 2014-02-07, 05:08.
                  T-EDDM 2
                  2 x Raspberry Pi with dump 1090 and Linux Feeder Software

Comment

• What about statistics for T- feeders? Is it cancelled?

Comment

• The new software that will enable T-feeders to get statistics has been delayed as we want to include more features in the new software. The biggest news apart from statistics as that we want to include our own decoder in the software. We are not satisfied by the data quality provided by other decoding software that users are using today. We get many, many error reports on data coming from software feeders, so there is no up side of giving worse and slower data higher priority. This update will improve the data quality of software feeders but it will still not reach the same quality as a FR24 box.

FR24 box data is faster, FR24 box has better data quality and the FR24 box data will always be the main source for our live air traffic database. This is the data where we have 100% control of the data and in the rare case that we find a decoding issue we can update and fix that easily. Software feeds will be available through the updated feeding software, and software feeders will see their feeding statistics when we have released the update, but in areas where there is both FR24 box feeder and a software feeder, the FR24 box will win over the software feeder in most cases. Software feeds will be primary used in areas where there is no FR24 box coverage.

We have been quite clear with that before, and to make it even more clear I think we should express it like this.
                      Please feed FR24 with your own hardware and FR24 feeding software, if you want to improve coverage in your region and/or if you want to get free premium. If your intention is to feed with the feeder software, only to spot your own radar-code on the map, we are sorry, but we can't provide you with that.

Comment

• Can we abuse the forum software and create a locked sticky thread for posts like this and for FAQ's

* In the forum space for ease of update
                        * Locked so it can only be updated by admins and mods (I assume a locked thread is still up-datable by admins and mods in vBullitin)
                        * Sticky for prominence
                        * Abused so each post is a Subject / Announcement : the subject / announcement body text receives [dated] updates as required (avoid creating creating a new posts in thread thread for content updates or to add detail - so the 'Linux Feeder Software Status' post always has the latest information about the 'Linux Feeder Software Status' )

Sorry if this is off topic for the forum.
                        Last edited by peterhr; 2014-02-18, 13:06.

Comment

• @Mike: to make the discussion obsolete: why not deleting or not showing the radar codes at all? You have them in your data if necessary and I think if the real intention of a feeder is to increase coverage it's absolutely unimportant which code is shown on the map.

Gesendet von meinem C6903 mit Tapatalk
                          T-EDDM 2
                          2 x Raspberry Pi with dump 1090 and Linux Feeder Software

Comment

• Originally posted by T-EDDM2 View Post
                            @Mike: to make the discussion obsolete: why not deleting or not showing the radar codes at all? You have them in your data if necessary and I think if the real intention of a feeder is to increase coverage it's absolutely unimportant which code is shown on the map.

Gesendet von meinem C6903 mit Tapatalk
                            I have already written many times before: It was a big mistake to show them when we launched the page many years ago. Now it's too late to remove it as we would get thousands of questions why we removed it. It will remain there as people are used to it. Nobody needs to use or watch it if they don't want. Value is not necessary 100% correct. Please feed FR24 with your own hardware and FR24 feeding software, if you want to improve coverage in your region and/or if you want to get free premium. If your intention is to feed with the feeder software, only to spot your own radar-code on the map, we are sorry, but we can't provide you with that. It's as simple as that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              I have already written many times before: It was a big mistake to show them when we launched the page many years ago. Now it's too late to remove it as we would get thousands of questions why we removed it. It will remain there as people are used to it. Nobody needs to use or watch it if they don't want. Value is not necessary 100% correct. Please feed FR24 with your own hardware and FR24 feeding software, if you want to improve coverage in your region and/or if you want to get free premium. If your intention is to feed with the feeder software, only to spot your own radar-code on the map, we are sorry, but we can't provide you with that. It's as simple as that.
                              An increasing number of smaller GA aircraft are getting ADS-B equipment. They often fly at lower altitudes and therefore are seen by fewer receivers and a much tighter net of receivers is needed.
                              I think F-receivers will never be able to cover everything at lower levels, and therefore T-receivers will still be needed.

Try to filter to 0-3000 feet and exclude ground traffic. The T-receivers plays a much bigger role down there.lowlevel.GIF
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Kpin; 2014-02-18, 14:39.

Comment

• Exactly, one have to remember that coverage is 3-dimensional. Improving coverage is not always more area covered but it can also be more altitude covered.

Comment

Working...
                                X