This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
    We will check what the reason behind the feeding problem is.

I just want to comment your post "Servers are frequently down (including the map and chat)".
    Mike,
    Thanks for clearing that up and I'm sorry if I created the wrong impression with my poor choice of words. When I'm frequently on the map/chat/forum and operating a radar it can give a rather skewed view of how frequently each might be 'down'. One thing that cant be missunderstood is that the guys at FR24 do a remarkable job to get these issues sorted as quickly as possible and that was the message I was attempting to convey. The wording I used about being 'frequently down' was also a bit disjointed in my post as I followed it with 'and back up again' but it kind of lost its meaning.
    Something that has also improved is that I now get a response (and very polite one's at that) from the guys at FR24 when I notify them of an issue. In the past I'd get nothing at all and it would leave one wondering whether they really wanted to know. Please pass on my appreciatiom for that.

It's (the feeder server) still down but again I'm sure it will be back up as quickly as the guys can get it going. Meanwhile it's back to grandpa duties here at home for me.

Regards,
    gregg
    Last edited by fungus; 2012-11-01, 01:14.
    YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

• That explains why myself and NZTU1 are the only ones in the hotseat today.
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• T-NZPM1 here, my feeder software says Network ERROR but I see everyone elses on fr24.com.
        Michael
        Palmerston North,
        New Zealand
        ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• Originally posted by nzradar View Post
          T-NZPM1 here, my feeder software says Network ERROR but I see everyone elses on fr24.com.
          G'day Michael.
          It's not just you mate, we're queued up here over in oz (and possibly elsewhere) waiting for the server to come back on. It is taking an unusually long time to do so (I've been trying to log on since about 07.30 local here in SYD). Mike and the guys at FR24 are aware of it and as I've said before I'm sure it'll be back up as soon as the issue can be identified and fixed. We just need to be patient.

Regards,
          gregg (T-YSSY4)
          YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

• I hear the Australian server is OK now. Perhaps those who feed that server can check?
            Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

• Originally posted by Anmer View Post
              I hear the Australian server is OK now. Perhaps those who feed that server can check?
              Thanks Mike but I'm afraid I still cant connect
              Regards,
              gregg (T-YSSY4)

Comment

• This issue seems only be related the Australian feeders. We are investigating if it's a network issue, or what else could be the problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  This issue seems only be related the Australian feeders. We are investigating if it's a network issue, or what else could be the problem.
                  Thanks Mike. I'm retiring for the evening and there's a curfew will commence in just under 3 hours time here in SYD (23:00 until 06:00 local and if I've done my maths correctly should be 12:00 - 19:00 UTC) but I'm pretty sure some radars are running 24/7 over here so you may be able to verify from the map when the server (or network if that's the case) is up again.

All the best with it,
                  gregg
                  Last edited by fungus; 2012-11-01, 09:25.

Comment

• Its 9.15 pm (qld) and still no connection, must be a ripper of a failure this time, hope some one is looking after the tech's who are fixing this , nite all.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Anmer View Post
                      I hear the Australian server is OK now. Perhaps those who feed that server can check?
                      Still not working mate. I also am retiring for the night but will leave feeding software running. Hopefully you can find the source of the glitch without too much effort? Happy hunting and good night...

Comment

• Looks like the T- Ys and N-Ys are back On line
                        (F-EDLE1)delcomp-DEL-David Tks(My friend Mike, all three of them)

URL: http://banner.flightdiary.net/EDLM
                        1090SJ(Ae) /(6m. Ecoflex10) / SBS 3 /-FR24 Box/ Power-line Connection (Ethernet)

Comment

• All online now. Great work! Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by sirsteve View Post
                            Its 9.15 pm (qld) and still no connection, must be a ripper of a failure this time, hope some one is looking after the tech's who are fixing this , nite all.....
                            Steve;
                            I agree with you wholeheartedly mate and they've since done a top job getting us back on line. So much so I've emailed them a cold one and I'll go as far as shouting them another on here. It's great to see those green lights on the upload software dialogue box again.

Cheers and enjoy guys,

PINT OF BEER.jpg

Comment

• I total agree Fungus, most drop out are back up sooner rather than later, this one dragged on, so what ever it was WELL DONE TECHSPERTS... :`)

Comment

• Hi.
                                My feeder is showing network error, could not connect.
                                I already close and reopen it and the problem remains.
                                Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X