ADS-B OFF but aircraft is still visible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADS-B OFF but aircraft is still visible

good morning to all and thank you in advance.

I work with AW139 helicopter for VIP transport company and sometimes I need not be visible on FR24.

I deactivate the ADS-B already at start-up, however many times I am still visible on FR24.

Can anyone tell me how that’s possible?
    Does it have to do with MLAT? If so, can you explain to me where MLAT gets the signal?

Thank you​

Originally posted by slibflight View Post
    I deactivate the ADS-B already at start-up, however many times I am still visible on FR24.

Can anyone tell me how that’s possible?
    Does it have to do with MLAT? If so, can you explain to me where MLAT gets the signal?
    Any discoveries?
    I would also like to know how it is possible

Comment

If you are feeding ADSB Exchange, and the services "adsbexchange-feed" and "adsbexchange-mlat" are still running, then you can still have its mlat feedback aircrafts displayed on dump1090-mutability or dump1090-fa or tar1090 map, even if feed to fr24 has stopped.

Comment

I think they're transmitting, not feeding

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

Commercial services - aircraft blocking.

If you're transmitting modeS hex. It's still going to find it. Regardless of adsb/gps integration.
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
          I think they're transmitting, not feeding

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

Commercial services - aircraft blocking.

If you're transmitting modeS hex. It's still going to find it. Regardless of adsb/gps integration.
          thank you, and is this possible due to MLAT?

Comment

Working...
          X