Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ADS-B aircraft now only reported as MLAT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hansp View Post

No no no please. Weve been down that road, chasing software version of our equipment etc. Not showing on FR24 but showing up on ADSBX or RB or FA etc - then the cause "is not me - its you" (you being FR24)

The values by Svedan are excellent. And funny enough today one of our "troubled" machines showed up fine on FR24... someone maybe finally listened.
    Funny you say that, just 2 days ago 23-1560 from my local flying school showed up just fine, and I don't believe anyone updated the garmin so maybe something happened in the backend of flightradar?

Comment

We have the same problem with some aircrafts. I am using "PiAware Version: 6.1 and Dump1090-fa Version: dump1090-fa 6.1​" and part of the problem starts already there, because already in the data feed from dump1090 data is missing.
      So, maybe we have two problems, one with Flightradars filtering but also something that is affecting on a lower level.
      There have been upgrades of the ADSB standard, could it be so that these aircrafts are compliant with an old standard, but updates of the feeder software (dump1090) has deprecated the support for that? It seems strange that all these aircrafts suddenly would have bad transmitters, but could be so.
      The feed can be seen in many ways, one is listening to the dataport http://192.168.0.153:30003/ from your web browser. (Exchange the IP-address to your own feeders address...) Works in Firefox for me, but not chrome or safari. (This is old fashioned, nowadays blocked in chrome and safari... There are other terminal-programs also, but this is simple.)
      I will connect more directly to the transmitter of one of the affected aircrafts, and try to exclude antenna problems and so on.

So, have anyone studied this approach, are the data from your aircrafts missing already in the datastream from your receiver? (From your posts above it seems that some of you are feeding, so check already there.)

Comment

Originally posted by Siljan View Post
        So, have anyone studied this approach, are the data from your aircrafts missing already in the datastream from your receiver? (From your posts above it seems that some of you are feeding, so check already there.)
        I am in that position, my aircraft does not show up anywhere no matter if I have ADS-B turned on or only use Mode-S. Except for FlightAware that somehow manages to pick up my plane with receicers far away so it is a mystery to me yet. And Ive tried probably all decoders & setups there is to try. It is maybe a bad example because I more and more believe my transponder is broken. But Im kind of going X-files "I want to believe" on this...

I think PiAware is up to version 9 now so probably you need an update. Dump1090-fa is being developed and maintained, which is not the case with dump1090-mutability that FR24 relies on (archived since 2019). So if you had been using FR24 software maybe this would be the case. But I think it is a good way to start, tracking and logging data for a specific plane to see that it actually shows up. Then on the other side, install feed to ADSBExchange too, if it shows there then the problem is not the plane.​

Comment

Working...
        X