Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jan 2023 - Notification - "Flightradar24 feeder XXX is running outdated version"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xavier Tono View Post

After failed update attempts I also got these links from FR24 support, but to be honest, I don't know what to do with these. I have a Pi3 B+ and I put it together a few years ago and can't remember much anymore.

So looks like no easy way for me to upgrade from 1.0.23-8 to 1.0.34-0 as FR24 supplied commands does not work?

If there is step by step instructions somewhere???
    Which bit didn't work. If you deleted the updater.sh as part of blocking it. It will fail.
    You can always reinstall using the install script. Or try
    ​​​​​
    sudo apt-get install fr24feed
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Like several above, I was getting the "Installed version: 1.0.25-3 Latest available: 1.0.25-3 Latest version is already installed" message.

I'm running fr24feed on a Debian Linux box, just installed from a .deb.

For me, it can't find any updates because fr24feed_updater.sh is using apt-cache, apt-get etc, but there's no deb source defined.

I did this...
      Code:
      apt-key adv --recv-key --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com 97A9DF822081EC2A
      echo "deb http://repo.feed.flightradar24.com flightradar24 linux-stable" >/etc/apt/sources.list.d/fr24feed.list
      (the above deduced from the contents of https://repo-feed.flightradar24.com/install_fr24_rpi.sh, the r-pi install script)

now apt (etc) and fr24feed_updater.sh are behaving properly, so in future, the update cron (at /etc/cron.d/fr24feed_updater, logging to fr24feed_update.log) should keep it updated, without emails from fr24 requiring manual intervention...

Edit: except that the linux repo is actually empty - ignore the above! As you were, just install it manually from https://www.flightradar24.com/share-your-data :-(
      Last edited by adennisa15; 2023-01-20, 00:25.

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post

Which bit didn't work. If you deleted the updater.sh as part of blocking it. It will fail.
        ​​​​​
        No, I did not delete , this is how it went:

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo chmod +x /usr/lib/fr24/fr24feed_updater.sh
        pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo /usr/lib/fr24/fr24feed_updater.sh
        /usr/lib/fr24/fr24feed_updater.sh: rivi 8: /dev/mmcblk0p7: Lupa evätty
        Löytyi:1 http://archive.raspberrypi.org/debian stretch InRelease
        Löytyi:2 http://raspbian.raspberrypi.org/raspbian stretch InRelease
        Löytyi:3 http://repo.feed.flightradar24.com flightradar24 InRelease
        Löytyi:4 https://apt.rb24.com rpi-stable InRelease
        Luetaan pakettiluetteloita... Valmis
        Installed version:
        Latest available:
        Latest version is already installed
        mount: / is busy
        pi@raspberrypi:~ $

(rivi= line)(Lupa evätty= permition denied)

Comment

Stretch

Be lucky if the repository isn't limited to buster.
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Same here..

Installed version: 1.0.25-3
            Latest available: 1.0.25-3
            Latest version is already installed

Bit premature to be sending out emails before the new software is even available. And no I'm not going to be installing stuff from random links because once you're outside the standard upgrade procedure if anything goes wrong in the future you're stuffed.

Comment

Originally posted by adennisa15 View Post
              As you were, just install it manually from https://www.flightradar24.com/share-your-data :-(
              They should provide instructions how to actually do that. Not all the feeders are versed enough to download those on their normal PC, move them on the Linux box, decompress them, change X, etc...

Comment

Also sent it to all the jetvision/radarcape users blindly

Who can't even update using those if they tried..
                ​​​​

But like I say. Noone runs anything but Pi, USB and raspberry OS these days right...

Comment

Originally posted by SoNic67 View Post
                  They should provide instructions how to actually do that. Not all the feeders are versed enough to download those on their normal PC, move them on the Linux box, decompress them, change X, etc...
                  I used the share you ADSB Data page to grab the correct link for the version I run.
                  Either SSH into your machine or while directly connected open the console

For me I am using the Linux Debian package amd64/x86_64 version of the software so that is what i am gonna use in here.

In the console run the command
                  Code:
                  wget https://repo-feed.flightradar24.com/linux_x86_64_binaries/fr24feed_1.0.34-0_amd64.deb
                  Then
                  Code:
                  sudo dpkg -i fr24feed_1.0.34-0_amd64.deb
                  Third assuming you are just updating
                  Code:
                  sudo fr24feed --reconfigure --fr24key=*Your sharing key*
                  Start the service with this
                  Code:
                  sudo systemctl start fr24feed
                  Check the status with this, it might take a second to start
                  Code:
                  fr24feed-status
                  I also ran
                  Code:
                  sudo /usr/lib/fr24/fr24feed_updater.sh
                  to double check and see if it was the version running

ynICe7X.png

Comment

Originally posted by woodman View Post

For me I am using the Linux Debian package amd64/x86_64 version of the software so that is what i am gonna use in here.
                    Thank you. this worked for me on Ubuntu.Only steps not mentioned, was I chose no to raw data and base station data feed...but to be fair I don't know what these are, but I had a note from original install that someone told me to use no.

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post

​​​​​
                      Unsure if the updater.sh is even included or takes care of varied OS versions in all the releases they're telling people to run it on.

Code:
                       $ sudo apt-get install fr24feed
                      Reading package lists... Done
                      Building dependency tree
                      Reading state information... Done
                      The following packages will be upgraded:
                      fr24feed
                      1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 264 not upgraded.
                      Need to get 3,476 kB of archives.
                      After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used.
                      Get:1 http://repo.feed.flightradar24.com flightradar24/raspberrypi-stable armhf fr24feed armhf 1.0.30-3 [3,476 kB]
                      Fetched 3,476 kB in 3s (1,036 kB/s)
                      (Reading database ... 73070 files and directories currently installed.)
                      Preparing to unpack .../fr24feed_1.0.30-3_armhf.deb ...
                      Unpacking fr24feed (1.0.30-3) over (1.0.28-1) ...
                      Setting up fr24feed (1.0.30-3) ...
                      You don't seem to have any dump1090 installed. On the fr24feed start it will automatically install dump1090-mutability.
                      useradd: user 'fr24' already exists
                      sed: can't read /etc/cron.d/fr24feed_updater: No such file or directory

Sudo systemctl restart fr24feed
                      Buster (not Stretch like many will be on)
                      Updating from .28.1
                      No worries. Although the smarts aren't as good. As it doesn't look for an active connection type already set. And doesn't correctly do Dump1090 detection (I have -FA, but it doesn't use it with my receiver type)

Updater error because I blocked it to take control and prevent all the buggy 'oops' releases we have seen prior (and to one known stable for additional connections to it)

Now to see how long it takes for 4-5 constant inbound connections to its outputs to crash it.

Love how after this long the reference to opening in full window mode for windows is still not removed from the Config page. It needs a right cleanup given some of the output modes have been disabled.
                      Last edited by Oblivian; 2023-01-21, 02:09.

Comment

Hello,

can someone help me.

My system Raspberry Pi

Got an email from fr24 support. I am supposed to update to version 1.0.34-0 by February 26, 2023.

With the command:
                        sudo chmod +x /usr/lib/fr24/fr24feed_updater.sh
                        sudo /usr/lib/fr24/fr24feed_updater.sh

This command from fr24 Support does not work.

Or is the problem with my Raperry pi system?

Can someone describe in detail how the update is installed.

Many Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Xavier Tono View Post

I have a Pi3 B+ and I put it together a few years ago and can't remember much anymore.

So looks like no easy way for me to upgrade from 1.0.23-8 to 1.0.34-0 as FR24 supplied commands does not work?

If there is step by step instructions somewhere???

For RPi

Code:
                          wget http://repo-feed.flightradar24.com/rpi_binaries/fr24feed_1.0.34-0_armhf.deb  

sudo dpkg -i fr24feed_1.0.34-0_armhf.deb

After running above two commands, check status
                          Code:
                          sudo apt update

apt-cache policy fr24feed

Last edited by abcd567; 2023-01-27, 07:31.

Comment

The following course after the 2 commands:

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ wget http://repo-feed.flightradar24.com/r...aries/fr24feed _1.0.34-0_armhf.deb
                            --2023-01-27 11:53:21-- http://repo-feed.flightradar24.com/rpi_binaries/fr24fee d_1.0.34-0_armhf.deb
                            Aufl▒sen des Hostnamens ▒repo-feed.flightradar24.com (repo-feed.flightradar24.co m)▒ ... 104.17.45.52, 104.17.46.52, 104.17.42.52, ...
                            Verbindungsaufbau zu repo-feed.flightradar24.com (repo-feed.flightradar24.com)|1 04.17.45.52|:80 ... verbunden.
                            HTTP-Anforderung gesendet, auf Antwort wird gewartet ... 200 OK
                            L▒nge: 3568732 (3,4M) [application/x-debian-package]
                            Wird in ▒▒fr24feed_1.0.34-0_armhf.deb▒▒ gespeichert.

fr24feed_1.0.34-0_a 100%[===================>] 3,40M 6,58MB/s in 0,5s

2023-01-27 11:53:22 (6,58 MB/s) - ▒▒fr24feed_1.0.34-0_armhf.deb▒▒ gespeichert [3 568732/3568732]

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo dpkg -i fr24feed_1.0.34-0_armhf.deb
                            (Lese Datenbank ... 138084 Dateien und Verzeichnisse sind derzeit installiert.)
                            Vorbereitung zum Entpacken von fr24feed_1.0.34-0_armhf.deb ...
                            Entpacken von fr24feed (1.0.34-0) ▒ber (1.0.24-4) ...
                            dpkg: Warnung: Altes Verzeichnis ▒/usr/lib/fr24/public_html▒ kann nicht gel▒scht werden: Das Verzeichnis ist nicht leer
                            fr24feed (1.0.34-0) wird eingerichtet ...
                            You don't seem to have any dump1090 installed. On the fr24feed start it will automatically install dump1090-mutability.
                            useradd: Benutzer ▒fr24▒ existiert bereits

Comment

Originally posted by abcd567 View Post

For RPi

Code:
                              wget http://repo-feed.flightradar24.com/rpi_binaries/fr24feed_1.0.34-0_armhf.deb

sudo dpkg -i fr24feed_1.0.34-0_armhf.deb

After running above two commands, check status
                              Code:
                              sudo apt update

apt-cache policy fr24feed
                              THANK YOU, this works!

I got some warning: unable delete old directory '/usr/lib/fr24/public_html: directory not empty, but all ok!
                              Last edited by Xavier Tono; 2023-02-05, 11:30.

Comment

Hi all,
                                Today I received a reminder email to update to the latest version (1.0.34 etc), following the link to the guide, method 1 failed but method 2 worked . No loss of data and now upto date, thanks fr24 no loss of data during update and now happily up and running as before.
                                Rgds
                                Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X