Unable to get feed from FR24 receiver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to get feed from FR24 receiver

Not too sure when this issue has happened but I have noticed that the FR24 reciever could blocking or not letting my internal Virtual Radar Server, which I use for logging purposes, from connecting to 30334.

Though looking at the log for the FR24 reciever, I do not see anything of it trying to block 10.0.0.5. Trying to work out if it is an update to the FR24 box or if a recent Windows update had blocked the port. Is there any other ports I could try?

Have tried :30003 but again get a timeout. Nothing on my network has changed, it seems it gets to the FR24 box and then it just ignores.

Connection log from VRS has
    Code:
    [15/08/2022 10:48:07 AM] [F-YSWG] [Exception] Exception caught by connector: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 10.0.0.9:30334
    System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 10.0.0.9:30334; Socket I/O error, error = 10060, native = 10060, code = TimedOut at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
    Code:
    [15/08/2022 10:57:25 AM] [Receiver 2] [Exception] Exception caught by connector: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 10.0.0.9:30003
    System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 10.0.0.9:30003; Socket I/O error, error = 10060, native = 10060, code = TimedOut at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
    Last edited by YSWG; 2022-08-15, 01:04. Reason: Update
    F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

Better would be use the logging on the receiver config webpage to look at the start-up logs to see if it even opens
    naturally that's where you can turn it on/off to I'd expect as long as the interface was enabled
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

I have gone through the whole network and nothing is blocking it. It all seems to be from the FR24 box. This is the main part from the log, there is nothing else other than the typical GPS and aircraft receieved/sent logs. I do think the Aug 12 build is what broke it or removed the feature. Both 30003 and 30334 do not get a reply from the FR24 box.
      [master][i]LPM used for GND traffic
      [master][i]Starting processing thread
      [bs][i]Starting server on :::30003
      [bs][i]Initializing server
      [reader][i]Connecting to Radarcape receiver via (/dev/ttyS5)
      [reader][i]Initializing reader
      [main][i]MLAT data feed started
      [main][i]Socket server started
      [main][i]Reader thread started
      [d]TLSConnection::ctor(): Enable verify_peer in production code!
      [e]PacketSenderConfiguration::fetch_config(): Unable to fetch configuration for yoda receiver
      [main][i]JSON generation to /run/flights.js
      [main][i]DNS mode: PING
      [main][i]https://www.flightradar24.com
      [main][i]Copyright 2012-2022 Flightradar24 AB
      [main][i]Local IP(s):
      [main][i]Running on: buildroot=2022.08-git
      [main][i]Built on Aug 12 2022 09:46:05 (POS-3195-rOS-5f7be5e.git/Linux/)
      [main][i]Version: 1.0.29-10/generic
      [main][i]FR24 Feeder/Decoder
      F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

Comment

Dumb question. Hasnt had an expired dhcp and got a diff address than expected?

Certainly seems to be starting and not saying port in use
        bs][i]Starting server on :::30003

That said also no network bind address
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

I changed over from 10.x to 192.x to see if that might be the problem but hasn't solved it and the FR24 box is showing the correct address, as is the router. I can also access the FR24 Receiver page just not the ports 30003 and 30334.

While my Rpi is running fine without a hiccup.
          F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

Comment

I have the same issue. Working fine for about a year then VR can't communicate with the FR24 box on 30334. I believe there must have been a software change on the FR24 box. Hopefully some admin will fill in the blanks.

VirtualRadarRefusal.JPG

...DOUG
            KD4MOJ

Attached Files
            Last edited by KD4MOJ; 2022-11-09, 15:45.
            ...DOUG
            KD4MOJ
            Where Am I?
            My Live Audio of KTLH

Comment

Here is an update. Below is a scan from NMAP and it shows 30334 closed now. 30003 is open and the description shows basestation.

http-title: FR24 Receiver

10685/tcp closed unknown

30003/tcp open basestation ADS-B flight data

30334/tcp closed unknown

I switched to port 30003 and selected Basestation format from RAW/Beast format and it's working now.

VirtualRadarPortChange.JPG

...DOUG
              KD4MOJ
              ...DOUG
              KD4MOJ
              Where Am I?
              My Live Audio of KTLH

Comment

30334 has previously been modified output beast format raw relay.
                when 'beast' type receiver used. Only
                I believe the intention anything other than beast selected, ie dvbt should always be 30002.

If there has been a change, its likely to stop reprocessing dvbt data and getting direct from decoder as intended

Comment

I am having the same issue. For years I would run planeplotter or VR against my FR24 box that I host and now it no longer works on 30334 like it always has. Anyone have any hints to get it back to life? Note: I am using it across a VPN as the place I am hosting it us up on a hill and I live below it, so we have a WISP link. My packet capture shows that it's the FR24 box rejecting the session.

Comment

Data is no longer being provided on port 30334. Only decoded data on 30003 works now.
                    --

Comment

Originally posted by Khan View Post
                      Data is no longer being provided on port 30334. Only decoded data on 30003 works now.
                      But why? I loved the ability to access raw data.

Comment

Originally posted by F-EDDT2 View Post

But why? I loved the ability to access raw data.
                        We decided to only provide data on 30003 after adding a map to the local web interface plus it was used by very few people.
                        --

Comment

I was surprised to see that the data feed has been stopped too while attempting to view the feed, why not provide an option, it's a local device and we could use it if needed.

Anyway, how does one access the local webserver (that shows status page). I'm getting connection reset when I attempt to reach the IP at port 80. What URL do we use?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Avionics View Post
                            Anyway, how does one access the local webserver (that shows status page). I'm getting connection reset when I attempt to reach the IP at port 80. What URL do we use?

Thanks.
                            The standard config page is :8754

However The Plot thickens..

There is no sign of any 'map' on any local interfaces?. (dump1090 seems to open the same port as the config page however)

Code:
                            pi@raspberry:~ $ sudo lsof -i -P -n | grep LISTEN
                            sshd 476 root 3u IPv4 18960 0t0 TCP *:22 (LISTEN)
                            sshd 476 root 4u IPv6 18971 0t0 TCP *:22 (LISTEN)
                            lighttpd 498 www-data 4u IPv4 19319 0t0 TCP *:80 (LISTEN)
                            lighttpd 498 www-data 5u IPv6 19320 0t0 TCP *:80 (LISTEN)
                            smbd 620 root 32u IPv6 20286 0t0 TCP *:445 (LISTEN)
                            smbd 620 root 33u IPv6 20287 0t0 TCP *:139 (LISTEN)
                            smbd 620 root 34u IPv4 20288 0t0 TCP *:445 (LISTEN)
                            smbd 620 root 35u IPv4 20289 0t0 TCP *:139 (LISTEN)
                            fr24feed 1073 fr24 6u IPv6 24076 0t0 TCP *:8754 (LISTEN)
                            fr24feed 1073 fr24 26u IPv6 24136 0t0 TCP *:30002 (LISTEN)
                            dump1090- 1100 fr24 6u IPv6 24076 0t0 TCP *:8754 (LISTEN)
                            And the config STILL mentions 30334, And even the example features it!. And funny enough, so do all the user docs still.

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post

The standard config page is :8754
                              Oh, I thought we were discussing about FR24Box equipment here, my bad. I have a loaned equipment from FR24, the receiver that they usually send to feeders.
                              There used to be a basic map on the page that loads when we hit the IP. We don't (AFAIK) have that page in our boxes.

It looks like something's going on, and I'm getting connection reset when accessing my box IP. Earlier, we used to get a basic auth (username/mac password) prompt, but now, the IP refuses to respond altogether by dropping connections.

I did a port scan and can see that ports 80 and 30003 (base station data) are open, however, port 30334, which was earlier used to supply BEAST data is now shown as closed. A 'closed' result would mean that it receives and responds to Nmap probe packets, but there is no application listening on it; which suggests someone forcefully shut down the output.

My best guess - FR24 wants its data from the receiver to itself and not to be shared to other services - possibly to maintain the 'supremacy'/'quality' of data that these receivers receive and not because people use it less.

I was suddenly taken aback when my VRS didn't work, and it's been a few weeks since I've used it manually.

Does this mean everyone is affected? No one is able to get BEAST/RAW data from their box?

Regards.

Comment

Working...
                              X