Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading Antenna

Hi all,

I'm half way through a house extension build which will involve (amongst other things) ripping off the flat roof on my current office and replacing it wit a pirched roof over the office and the new utility extension.

I want to use the opportunity to implement an external antenna / aerial for my DVB-T / Raspberry Pi flight tracker setup.

Any suggestions for a good setup? Give me ideas for a reasonable setup and a "budget isn't an issue, but still being sensible" setup.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,
    I recently changed my aerial to this and it works a treat
    ADS-B 1090 MHz Antenna (1.2m, 8.5dBi) - Pimoroni

Comment

Originally posted by craigtrex600 View Post
      Hi,
      I recently changed my aerial to this and it works a treat
      ADS-B 1090 MHz Antenna (1.2m, 8.5dBi) - Pimoroni
      Thanks - that's exactly the kind of advice I was looking for. I can mount that outside and then run the coaxial through the roof space.

Comment

You wont be disappointed with that.

Comment

You wont be disappointed with that.
          How would you mount the aerial externally?

Comment

I have mine attached to my shed at the moment with a view to add it to the house in a few weeks. As you can see by the picture it is attached via a mount attached to the shed, then another pole attached to the mount then the aerial attached to the pole.
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

This is the mount attached to the shed but will be also okay to attach to a house wall etc 3’ Cranked ‘SWAN’ Neck Pole/Mast & Wall Clamp Facia Bracket - TV/Sky/Freesat Satellite/Aerial – OUTDOOR RATED Gutter/Loft/Attic/Caravan Mount Kit - Loops : Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

Comment

And the pole attached to the mount is 6ft steel TV aerial mast- bulk: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

Comment

Originally posted by peterould View Post
                  Hi all,

I'm half way through a house extension build which will involve (amongst other things) ripping off the flat roof on my current office and replacing it wit a pirched roof over the office and the new utility extension.

I want to use the opportunity to implement an external antenna / aerial for my DVB-T / Raspberry Pi flight tracker setup.

Any suggestions for a good setup? Give me ideas for a reasonable setup and a "budget isn't an issue, but still being sensible" setup.

Thanks in advance!
                  Did you change to a new aerial, if you did what did you get in the end and hows it working?

Comment

Did you change to a new aerial, if you did what did you get in the end and hows it working?
                    I ordered the one you suggested. Have only tried it out temporarily as this week we ripped off the old flat roof and pitched a new proper roof. Probably won't mount it properly for another few weeks.

Comment

Superb, I have had no problems with mine and it will be on the house in the next month so I am expecting even more messages per plane as the house is in the way of the signal for the North at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                      X