Clear All

• gain setting?

Hello,

I have a raspberry pi2 connected to a rtl-sdr dongle,

on the settings page
    http://192.168.1.100:8754/settings.html

I have it set to default
    --net --gain -10

if I try to set a different gain for example --gain -15 , --gain 5, --gain -20 I receive nothing at all! it only appears to work on -10

If I remove the --gain -10 setting and set --enable-agc it works again but I cannot really tell if its better or worse than -10 gain

the question is why cant I use other gain settings other than -10 ?

and why minus? Is minus a higher gain than 10 without the minus?

I thought that a while back I had the gain set to 34 without the minus and it was better as I had more plains but now it doesnt seam possible to set gain 34

how can I view the actual signal strength from the pi? how do I know what is the best setting as the amount of planes are constantly changing.

Thanks
    Last edited by g4ea5; 2022-05-30, 19:31.

If you search for gain there is a thread dedicated to it

-10 is automatic or something close to max.

Other values used have to be positive numeric and only particular values the software is expecting, seen by using RTL test
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
      If you search for gain there is a thread dedicated to it

-10 is automatic or something close to max.

Other values used have to be positive numeric and only particular values the software is expecting, seen by using RTL test
      Thanks, I forgot the gain values had to be the ones shown in the test , that's why the ones I tried didn't work.

The Gain Optimization Script looks promising.

https://forum.flightradar24.com/foru...ization-script
      Last edited by g4ea5; 2022-05-30, 21:50.

Comment

Working...
      X