Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Sharingkey etc. via Cloud-Init

Hi,

I just joined this wonderful community and was able to register my first sharing device yesterday.

Although the setup guide worked like a charm, I now want to reprovision my Raspberry with using a guest network.
    (As generally connect raspberries located at the outside to my guest network for - obvious - security reason).

Now, changing the wpa_supplicant.conf in a fresh flashed PI24 image isn't the big deal.

Question:
    Is there a way to provide sharing key & the other necessary parameters within the image/cloud-init config files?
    (didn't find anything in the docs or in the pi24 image)

Bests & Thx upfront

/etc/fr24feed.ini is where the sharing key is.
    Not sure what cloud init you mean ....

Anyhow if you like statistics, consider installing a standalone decoder and graphs1090: https://github.com/wiedehopf/adsb-wi...DS-B-receiver/

Comment

Ah, sorry. Messed it up with other projects @cloud-init.

/etc/fr24feed.ini would be, after I started the image for the first time, right?

What I want to achieve is the following flow:

1. Flash image to SD-card
      2. Add my guest-network wlan config to wpa_supplicant (guest network, as my rasp is stored outside of my house and I don't want anyone to have access to my regular network by just taking that rasp)
      3. Add config for fr24feed somewhere on the flashed image BEFORE I first start the image
      4. Start Raspi

Finished

(skipping the part where I have to call that link from my regular network - which can't access the guest network - or need to log into the Raspi via ssh)

Comment

Just test it inside, make an image of the pi for the future.
        Also pretty sure you can't get a sharing key without running the feed client.

Comment

Ah ok. I thought I could re-use the sharing key from the one currently running in the internal network then.

But ye, will likely just ssh-ing in the Pi and change the wpa_supplicant setting then.

Thank you :-)

Comment

wpa_supplicant configuration can easily be done by placing it in /boot, it's described in the guide i posted. (or rather some explanatory stuff is linked)

Comment

Yeah, that's how I already set up the one currently running.

So login into that one and change it to the guest network ones it is.

So ye, thank you

Comment

Working...
              X