Radar View - Could not load local data: error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radar View - Could not load local data: error

For the past 24 hours or so I have been getting the above error message when I open radar view (Could not load local data: error). Local traffic is on in settings and the local hostname is correct. Nothing has changed in my setup, which has been running solidly for the past year. Other views and my statistics page are all showing OK.

Any suggestions how to fix this?

Check your local device URL. 192.168.something.something. It can change when your router powers down/up.
    F-KDAG1

Comment

Local IP address was the first thing I checked - it hasn't changed (and it's set as static anyway). Other flight radar services to which I contribute are showing local data OK on this IP address.

Comment

sudo fr24feed-status and http://<my IP>:8754/index.html confirm everything running OK .... so why is radar view giving me this "could not load local data: error"?

Comment

Bump!

Further information gleaned from testing with different PCs and browsers reveals this to be a really weird issue. On 4 different PCs running Win 10, using Chrome, I get the same error message when trying to display local traffic in radar view. But other browsers (Firefox, Opera, Safari) on these Win 10 machines do not have this problem and my local traffic displays OK. I have also tested with a Win 7 PC and a MacBook Pro and Chrome displays radar view local traffic fine. So the problem seems to be very specifically an issue with Win 10 + Chrome .... I'm guessing some behind-the-scenes auto update to Chrome within the past few days.

Anyone else come across this anomaly, or have a solution?

Comment

I am having the same issue with the 3 browsers I have tried with windows 10 today. I am trying to see what aircraft i am uploading using the map, radar view, local traffic option but i just get the complaint from www.flightradar24.com "could not load local data:error" flightradar24.com says i am uploading from that local ip address

Comment

Im having the same problem checking what my radar is actually receiving, its showing that its feeding flight radar and plane plotter, but when I go to my pi s address adding 8080 on the end I no longer see any aircraft.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleightflight View Post
                Im having the same problem checking what my radar is actually receiving, its showing that its feeding flight radar and plane plotter, but when I go to my pi s address adding 8080 on the end I no longer see any aircraft.
                To see aircraft in your Browser, type following address in your Browser's address bar::

If you have dump1090-mutability:
                Code:
                IP-address-of-PI/dump1090/gmap.html

If you have dump1090-fa:
                Code:
                IP-address-of-PI/dump1090-fa/

Comment

Thanks for the reply, just tried both of those and neither one worked.

Comment

Fixed it, in the process of problem solving my feeding earlier, I installed dump 1090 mutability, forgetting I had dump 1090 fa installed, purged mutability and all is good again.
                    Initial problem was my orange flight aware dongle had failed, I've now ordered the blue one, but in the meantime I'm using my original rtl dongle.

Comment

I have the same problem and on both OS ( Windows 10 and IOS Big Sur 11.6) i and I believe the issue is related to HTTPS in the browser and also i saw something about local data for radar view can only be retrieved if using the actual Flight radar feeder or windows application. seems like they made some change in the back end

Comment

Working...
                      X