Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New User - RaspberryPi with PiAware - can't feed data to FR24

Hello all!

I just bought a new RP with piaware and the FlightAware ProStickPlus. Really nice setup. Did the initiatilization last night and got FA up and running but was unable to get FR24 feeder working. I was able to get the unit registered but I can't seem to get the feed started. When I do the setup I can enter in the Lat/Long/elevation and it says that it detects dump 1090 running, but then after step 4.1 it returns "Checking for dump1090 - NOT FOUND". I'm assuming this is the issue, can anyone assist with the setup?

Many thanks,
    Mike
    Dallas, Texas, USA

Are you letting it auto configure?

Anyhow this method should work, see the FR24 part: https://github.com/wiedehopf/adsb-wi...ADS-B-receiver
    No need to change your decoder or the other stuff, just go to the fr24 section on how to configure it.

Comment

wiedehopf - I tried both autoconfigure and manual configure. Neither is working. I'll try your instructions again (they were very good and thank you for your support!)

Comment

You have aircraft being received / dump1090-fa running?

Comment

Yes. I re-ran your instructions, I think I set the receiver to 1 instead of 4. Purged, reinstalled, and successfully got it running! Thank you so much for your help, you're amazing wiedehopf !

Comment

Having a similar issue.
            I'm running Piaware on Ubuntu 20.04 and Dump1090 is reporting flight traffic to Flightaware.
            I'm not great on Ubuntu, still learning but am I doing something wrong? I've followed the installation instructions advised a few posts above and getting to command
            Code:
            sudo fr24feed --signup
            But getting the error
            Code:
            /usr/bin/fr24feed: 1: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")
            I feel like its something very basic that I'm not seeing or I've missed?

Comment

Which architecture?
              Everything but armhf (arm 32 bit) is not gonna work with those instructions.

Not sure how you get that error .... in doubt just repeat the instructions, maybe you did something wrong

Comment

Running x64 version of Ubuntu on Intel i5-3340M CPU @ 2.70GHz×4 with 8GB Ram
                I've no doubt I've done something wrong somewhere along the line, maybe with the setup of FlightAware or Dump1090 (even though thats working as expected) but I've followed your instructions line for line when i get that message so I'm just at a loss. Maybe a reimage and start again, I thought there may have been something that stood out that you could identify.

Comment

Won't help.
                  It has to be armhf as wiedehopf suggests

They don't have a supported standard working linux build. It's made for Raspbian/Pi. Not a PC+OS
                  Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

The instructions on this page (https://github.com/wiedehopf/adsb-wi...ADS-B-receiver) will for most stuff work on all architectures. But dump1090-fa / piaware / fr24 as described there will only work on RPi / armhf.
                    dump1090-fa / piaware you can compile for x64 but i don't have instructions for that or a script because i don't care much.
                    fr24feed on x64 is just a pain, they only have binaries and the one for x64 is completely outdated.
                    I just wouldn't bother with it ...

Comment

So to clarify, I should try on Ubuntu x86 version of desktop?
                      Latest version of ubuntu with x86 is 16.04.7

Comment

You can just run x86 software on x64 ... that's not the issue.
                        If you're not using a Pi i wouldn't bother feeding fr24 as the software they provide is so bad for x86.
                        I mean try the guide but download the x86 / x64 version instead of dowloading the arm version if you fancy.
                        No guarantees ...

Comment

basically if I dont have a pi dont bother with fr24?

Comment

Package (.deb) is available for both amd64 and i386
                            Use following command to install it on Debian or Ubuntu:

amd64

Code:
                            wget https://repo-feed.flightradar24.com/linux_x86_64_binaries/fr24feed_1.0.25-3_amd64.deb  

sudo dpkg -i fr24feed_1.0.25-3_amd64.deb 

fr24feed --signup

i386

Code:
                            wget https://repo-feed.flightradar24.com/linux_x86_binaries/fr24feed_1.0.25-3_i386.deb  

sudo dpkg -i fr24feed_1.0.25-3_i386.deb  

fr24feed --signup
                            Last edited by abcd567; 2021-08-23, 17:47.

Comment

Keeping in mind that's unsupported. And had MANY revisions with fixes since then that effect data/stats and may not infact actually be of use to the servers.
                              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Working...
                              X