Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

piaware.png

Comment

The nature of it is, I guess. You potentially have a better understanding of the flow and outcomes at each point.

The question would be, was the exact same order. Restarts, and default options/adjustments made as each other. (Between users)

And would it be the same for the next user, and the next.. without everyone following a tested lab done guide.

As we find by so many going astray. I have doubt
      Last edited by Oblivian; 2021-05-19, 00:57.
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
        The nature of it is, I guess. You potentially have a better understanding of the flow and outcomes at each point.

The question would be, was the exact same order. Restarts, and default options/adjustments made as each other. (Between users)

And would it be the same for the next user, and the next.. without everyone following a tested lab done guide.

As we find by so many going astray. I have doubt
        Things will be standardized, and easy for novice if the FR24 Developers stop lingering on with the the 2013 design philosophy of fr24feed. At that time hardly anyone fed multiple sites from same RPi, and MLAT was not used.

In my opinion, the best solution is that FR24 Developers completely de-link fr24feed and dump1090-mutability (example piaware and dump1090-fa).

In case they cannot de-link the feeder & decoder for the sake of MLAT and require receiver="dvbt", then as a minimum they can change the default fr24feed.ini as follows:

CURRENT DEFAULT
        receiver="dvbt"
        fr24key="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
        bs="yes"
        raw="yes"
        logmode="1"
        logpath="/var/log/fr24feed"
        mlat="yes"
        mlat-without-gps="yes"

SUGGESTED DEFAULT
        receiver="dvbt"
        fr24key="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
        bs="no"
        raw="no"
        procargs="--net --gain -10"
        logmode="1"
        logpath="/var/log/fr24feed"
        mlat="yes"
        mlat-without-gps="yes"

Comment

I can only second the opinions above. Yes, I got this working but not until I did a clean install of the RBPi which is too much to ask for I think. It is time for FR24 to develop, maybe take the lead, a new feeding solution. For what ever it is worth, this is a company that gives millions to its shareholders and can do so largely thanks to people like us who spend time and money to feed them data. A little more payback than a threatening feeder outage email that tells us that our account will be downgraded if we don't fix problems within 48 hours is the least to ask for.

Comment

Working...
          X