Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPi v1.2 running FR24feed v 1.0.23-8 should I upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks,

Interesting I had so much noise before.

When I loaded fr24feed v 1.0.23-8 for some reason it didn't restart and was still running 1.0.26-9, I just didn't notice as FR24 web page only updates every hour. I restarted it later yesterday and my position count has gone back up in FR24. Today it's nearly back to where it was prior to changing from dump1090-mut.

I will let it run for a day or two on readsb, then might try the old SD card with dump1090-mut but I don't expect there to be too much difference in positions reported, I just want to see what happens with the single message tracks.

Robin

Comment

Similar question to the original, I'm on v1.0.13-2 from when I started in 2013, everything seems to be happy but just wondering if I should upgrade and is it easy enough to do.

Feeding FR24 since 11/09/13

Comment

Hi,

FR24feed 1.0.26 & 1.0.27 both reported the same number of hits, but they both missed reporting positions for me. My position total was around a half with either compared to 1.0.23-8. So I can recommend 1.0.23-8.

I am not sure which version of Dump1090 you use but I can recommend either dump1090-mutability dev v1.15 or readsb/tar1090. I suggest starting with a new SD card and build a new image it will be quicker than trying to update your existing image and then you can just swap the cards over, if it doesn’t work out. The interface of readsb/tar1090 has some nice features which dump1090-mutability doesn’t have and I quite like it, but ultimately they do the same job, capture ADSB messages.

If you are installing readsb/tar1090 wiedehoph’s first post has links to some excellent guides. For dump1090-mutability follow abcd’s guides on this forum

Hope it helps, just my experience.

Robin

Comment

Originally posted by HikokiOtaku View Post
          Similar question to the original, I'm on v1.0.13-2 from when I started in 2013, everything seems to be happy but just wondering if I should upgrade and is it easy enough to do.
          Sudo apt-get update
          Sudo apt-get install fr24feed
          Reboot when done.

Done.

It will simply update.
          but if your base OS is well behind. It might need an architectural change and upgrade too
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Thanks as always Oblivian for your quick and helpful reply.

Sadly didn't work for me, got quite a few errors, even tried updating the O/S (Wheezy). I kept getting the 'Receiver Down' error.

In the end I reverted to a previous saved disk image which now works a treat.

Comment

wheezy is old ... you'd want to start with a fresh image: https://github.com/wiedehopf/adsb-wi...ADS-B-receiver

Comment

Yes may be old but it works, those new O/S look great but I'm guessing they would completely wipe the SD Card and so take my VPN server with it, I don't want to re-code it all over again.

Comment

It's a much longer drawn out process to try keep things as is. But you can go 7 to 8 and then 8 to 10

Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Working...
                  X