Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BETA UAT 978 MHz data sharing (DEPRECATED - DO NOT USE THIS PROCEDURE ANYMORE)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,
    Could you please explain the advantage of 978 MHz data sharing compared to 1090mhz feeding

Comment

UAT / 978 is only used in the US by some of the smaller aircraft.

Comment

I recently got a 978 receiver and antenna and want to share that data with my 1090 data. Are the steps the same that were listed on page 1? If not, can someone post precise commands and instructions to do so? I have piaware running with version 7.1.

Thanks.
        Last edited by orangegecko; 2022-02-27, 19:45.

Comment

Originally posted by orangegecko View Post
          I recently got a 978 receiver and antenna and want to share that data with my 1090 data. Are the steps the same that were listed on page 1?

I have piaware running with version 7.1.
          (1) Yes, the steps are same as in the 1st post of this thread.
          (2) FR24 uat data sharer works OK with dump978-fa version 7.1

Comment

Khan
            Is there a way to stop logging of uat_reader? It keeps on writing the log to following file. I am worried about life of my microSD card:
            Code:
            /var/log/uat_reader/uat_reader.log
            I added logmode="0" in file "/etc/uat_reader/uat_reader.conf" and restarted uat_reader, but logging did not stop.

Comment

Hello, I've had a 1090 receiver working and reporting properly to FlightRadar24. It's a Nooelec NESDR SMArTee v2 Bundle.

The instructions I followed were for the Raspberry Pi here. That installed great and has been working for a few months.

I just got a Red Radarbox 978MHz ADS-B receiver (and antenna) and tried following the instructions from Khan on this thread, page 1.

The package install of uat_reader_1.0.3_armhf.deb went fine, although it reported uat_reader (1.0.0) during installation.

I unplugged the 1090 usb device and plugged in the 978 device, and ran the registration and setup command: sudo -u fr24 uat_reader

It walked through the email, the airport, lat, lon, elevation, then barfs with this:
              2022-03-26 20:40:54.196 | $:terminate called after throwing an instance of 'nlohmann::detail::type_error'
              2022-03-26 20:40:54.196 | what(): [json.exception.type_error.302] type must be string, but is null
              Aborted
              Any tips? Something is failing on simple textual inputs with a json error.

Raspbian 10 Buster. Rpi3. python 3.7.3
              Last edited by Marc_Compere; 2022-03-27, 03:45.

Comment

@Marc_Compere

Did you install either dum978-fa or dump978-rb?

The Fr24 uat_reader does not use the 978 MHz receiver directly. It is dump978 which uses 978 Mhz receiver and produces aircraft data in json format. The uat_reader grabs this json data and sends to FR24 server.

If there is no dump978 installed, there will be no json data available, and uat_reader will give json error message.

Comment

Any updates since beta 1.0.3 or if/when the UAT data might be displayed on the map? I like the fr24 app since it opens quickly but either UAT is not getting displayed or my UAT beta feeder isn't working. Heard a plane overhead and opened the app. It showed a plane and said it was using Satellite ADS-B, but it gave a tail number which displayed the UAT plane on FA and ADSBX.

Comment

Any update on when this will be final and UAT traffic will display publicly?

Comment

Working...
                    X