Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI 4b configuration questions

Hello all,
    I have an RPI 4b. I've followed the build your own documentation. I've installed the fr24 image and went through the configuration. It looks like I can connect, but I'm not sending data.

I was not sure on the receiver type and baud rate settings, so those are a guess. This is the antenna I purchased based on your link:

Nooelec NESDR SMArTee v2 Bundle

This is from the amazon.com link to this item:

There is a small gap in frequency capability near 1100MHz. As such, we do NOT recommend this device for ADS-B usage. For ADS-B, consider NESDR SMArt, also available on Amazon

Did I purchase the wrong antenna? Please let me know which one works the best for fr24 installations.

Thanks

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

The answer is in the part of the advert.

FR24 uses ADSB. And that's not the best one by their own admission.

A working DVBT/SDR device, would be auto configured. And you shouldn't need baud rate and so on. Guessing in that respect. Isn't the best idea.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

PI24 Settings

Pi24-Setting.png

Comment

The genuine NESDR Smartee has no such caveat.

That not recommended for ADS-B sounds like you bought a counterfeit item.
        Just for reference, this is the genuine article:

Don't try to post a link though as you're new and the spam detection won't like that.

Comment

Hello all,
          I've re-imaged the micro-sd card with the latest fr24 image. I'm running on a RPI 4b with 2Gb memory. It looks like I have the software installed but not configured correctly? I left everything running overnight and it never did track any aircraft. I've purchased everything from Amazon.com so I know the parts are genuine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Install these two then you have a signal graph to show us
            https://github.com/wiedehopf/adsb-sc...ion-for-readsb

You'll need to log into the pi to issue the commands, if you don't know how this should explain it: https://forum.flightradar24.com/foru...l=1#post153476

Oh yeah and as the readsb install script also reconfigures the fr24feed to use it as a data source ... any potential misconfiguration you have will also be fixed (it looks a bit wonky).

Comment

Type (or copy-paste) following address in a browser's address bar, and press Enter key:

192.168.1.86/dump1090/gmap.html

Do you see a map with aircrafts?
              Last edited by abcd567; 2021-02-21, 06:50.

Comment

Hello all,
                I followed your installation steps and now my fr24feed setup is seeing aircraft. Thanks for all your help

Comment

Working...
                X