Can't get the receiver to send data to the feeder [Ubuntu20.04]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fhoertnagl View Post
    I have now installed readsb and fr24 on my raspberrypi and put the dvbt stick directly into the pi.

I just had an idea: Can I use the pi to decode the signal and send it to my server, wherer fr24 would run?
    STEP-1
    On Ubuntu 20.04 find which decoder is installed. Mask all those found installed
    In my case it was only readsb, so I masked readsb

FR24-on-Ubuntu-amd64-feed-from-Pi-Disable-Decoder.png

STEP-2
    Make settings as shown below, then click Save button, then Restart button
    Both these buttons are at bottom-right of Settings page

FR24-on-Ubuntu-amd64-feed-from-Pi-Settings.png

STEP-3
    Check Status

FR24-on-Ubuntu-amd64-feed-from-Pi-Status.png

Comment

Originally posted by abcd567 View Post

On Ubuntu 20.04 find which decoder is installed. Mask all those found installed
      In my case it was only readsb, so I masked readsb
      So ... if you're not gonna run a decoder on the server .. just uninstalling seems simpler.

Second if you're gonna work with the data on the server it's preferable to transmit the data to the server only once .... and maybe one also wants graphs and an local webinterface that runs on the server.
      For all that you need a decoder on the server that runs in net-only mode. Readsb is uniquely suited because you don't need an extra helper application to connect to the pi and transfer the data.

Comment

I have installed Planefinder also on Ubuntu 20.04.
        It was configured host 127.0.0.1, port 30005. It has a browser map at localhost:30053.

I will configure it to point to pi (host 10.0.0.23 port 30005) to see the map through planefinder

Comment

Working...
        X