FR24 receiver range drop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FR24 receiver range drop

I have noticed a drop in range stats in last few months from the max 349 to around 200. Nothing has changed in my setup, and I have checked the coax connections, and aerial state. I do have about 20m coax run from aerial to receiver, so was wondering if coax degrades with age (about 10y) and heat exposure etc.

Or, is it possible that other interference has caused the signal loss? Does anyone have a filter fitted with the FR24 receiver. If so May I please have details to try that option, as I cant be bothered doing survey.

OMAA-1
    Last edited by GraemeH; 2020-10-08, 04:47.

You can't rely on fr24 stats page

They can change the calculation, max distance your data is shown by among other things.

Let alone the moisture of winter and covid numbers dropping the overall averages

Only true way is install graphs or monitoring your own traffic away from their page.

Before filtering there's normally a need to do local surveys. Else it's easy to find you could spend hundreds on a filter to find you didn't actually need one
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Thanks for the reply. There’s not much winter moisture here.... just lots of summer heat.
      I am not sure a survey is possible with FR24 receiver - is it?

Comment

Must be in south like here then.

So its an actual fr24 box? Not reallly, but you can monitor the output data with vrs etc and see if you get em further than the stats think it does

They have remote control and can look up that sort of data remotely. If you reach out to support if you can half pie prove it via the old/current stats page they'll likely look into it.
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Working...
        X