No announcement yet.

How do I install a file?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh and by the way as you suggested above I did the expand to my file system. I had seen that somewhere the other day but at that time could not find the menu.

Comment

You may try following (one at a time)
      1. Use a wired network connection instead of WiFi
      2. If you have another dongle, replace current one.

Comment

Originally posted by verdi View Post
        I interpret the black hatch pattern to mean that no data is being received by FA. However if you are referring to my pic in the above post the black hatches are when I was rebuilding my pi - so of course there was no data being sent.

Now I have a question.... where does the data to populate the FA map come from? Does it come from pi directly??? or Does it come from FA via the data that was sent to FA and then return via internet??? So in other words is there a "direct" link from pi to map (:8080 port) or does the map data go to FA and then return to populate map???

Something else that doesn't make sense is if SSH is down and FR24 is down and map is down.... how come the FA hourly reports graph still shows that FA seems to be happy and receiving data?... bcz when everything else seems to be down there is no black hatch data in the hourly report graph... And I don't get a notification from FA telling me that my data has stopped
        In short.

Both.

Data writes local direct from decoder.
        Also feed from internet to show MLAT results.

For this reason, it is apparently dying when everything else does.

FR24feed saves stuff and sends it every 4-5 seconds. 1 way traffic. FA appear to have a live bi-direction (or multiple point) UDP connection.
        It is unclear if fr does it on disk first, and FA from ram. That would then possibly explain why everything but that stops - that said, as it doesn't appear you have connected a physical display and keyboard when SSH stops to look a why SSH does too. It is anyones guess if it that is the root cause, but I suspect it is in the region of network, space or card.

Also pay to disable fr24 logging if you are not actively monitoring or using it. Depending on your fr24feed version installed, some of them don't auto delete it. And it can fill the card up quicksmart if loaded with errors and not cycling.

They say a picture paints 1000 words. Wiedehopf has a bit more understanding on the FA side due to the source being open. While FR24 hold IP close to their heart. But this is my limited understanding...

Untitled Diagram.jpg
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

verdi:

You seem to have multiple issues.
          Solving any one will not solve your problem.
          You have to solve them all simultaneously as follows:

(1) Failing Dongle - replace existing dongle by another working dongle.
          (2) Network (WiFi) - Solve it by disabling WiFi (sudo rfkill + remove your wifi ssid & password from Pi) and connecting Pi with router by a network cable.
          (3) Network (Fixed IP conflict) - Remove all fixed IP settings you have made in your Pi, and set fixed IP in router using mac address of Pi

Last edited by abcd567; 2020-10-18, 22:24.

Comment

Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
            verdi:

You seem to have multiple issues.
            Solving any one will not solve your problem.
            You have to solve them all simultaneously as follows:

(1) Network (WiFi) - Solve it by disabling WiFi (sudo rfkill) and connecting Pi with router by a network cable.
            (2) Network (Fixed IP conflict) - Remove all fixed IP settings you have made in your Pi, and set fixed IP in router using mac address of Pi
            (3) Failing Dongle - replace existing dongle by another working dongle.

The way I read it, it is as above.

Only processes associated with disk are failing. SSH, Fr24feed, Map updates. While FA runs (possibly ram?)

And if that is indeed the case. The stick might be fine. But SSH should always work. Rebooting hides the cause without being able to see it.
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

I do have a monitor and keyboard attached to the pi. When system craps again I will see if I have access to pi via direct connections.

Comment

Also Open a live remote putty console and leave it connected.

If it disconnects. It proves the network and or SSH is being effected at the time it stops.

If Console (ssh) works from local keyboard/monitor. Then it's almost purely network not recovering. If it isn't you'll need to look at disk space 'df' and other such further system tests

Comment

HTML Code:
                  $ iw wlan0 get power_save
                  Power save: on
                  May be late night when there are no or negligible flights, the power save turns off the WiFi which stops SSH.

HTML Code:
                  sudo iw wlan0 set power_save off

iw wlan0 get power_save
                  Power save: off
                  Last edited by abcd567; 2020-10-18, 23:10.

Comment

Plausible. But if fa is truly staying connected as claimed... (Ssh/network should resume)

Comment

• Re the other users thread query

There is a new fr24feed version. This is published to stop the auto restart failure that people saw with 26-3

NOTE: although that issue manifests in 'outtage'. Almost similar to what you see...
                      It isn't stopping the dump1090 page updates working. Nor SSH failure on others. They could still connect and start using SSH/ commands after it timed out. It was rebooting/remote restart commands that broke it.
                      Yours is more significant localised and as seen generally starts on reboot OK.

You can check if it had auto upgraded with

Sudo apt policy fr24feed

If it shows 26-9 installed and available. You have it.
                      And will need to forget the potential start failures/outtages. And focus on the more serious stop failures.

They just shouldn't stop.

Comment

• I was going to ask what the command is to find out if I had been upgraded... However,

When I run this.......... Sudo apt policy fr24feed
                        I get..... -bash: Sudo: command not found

Comment

• And regarding leaving SSH open..... I believe that after a period of time it times out and shuts communication.... I have to relog in...

So therefore if there is power save and WiFi gets turned off doesn't that interrupt my communications ?

I just checked and my power save is ON

I turned it OFF
                          Last edited by verdi; 2020-10-19, 00:10.

Comment

• Well that was unexpected. However i may have it wrong

Try without sudo

Or sudo apt-cache policy fr24feed

Comment

• Is there a list of commands somewhere ? Not being literate with programming I could use a cheat sheet....

Comment

• OK running this I get...

pi@piaware:~ $ sudo apt-cache policy fr24feed
                                fr24feed:
                                Installed: 1.0.26-7
                                Candidate: 1.0.26-7
                                Version table:
                                *** 1.0.26-7 100
                                100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Comment

Working...
                                X