No announcement yet.

How do I install a file?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have everything with fixed IP (see below), but I never set fixed IP in Pi or Computer. I simply set it in my router using the mac address detected by the router, and it never ever gave any problem.

Setting fixed IP in router using mac address has advantage that reimaging the microSD card of Pi does not change its IP address.

Desktop 192.168.0.10
    My Phone 192.168.0.11
    Her Majesty's Phone 192.168.0.12

Pi-1 192.168.0.21
    Pi-2 192.168.0.22
    Pi-3 192.168.0.23

Debian 10 on VM 192.168.0.31
    Ubuntu 20 on VM 192.168.0.32
    Kali 2020 on VM 192.168.0.33

Comment

Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
      I have everything with fixed IP (see below), but I never set fixed IP in Pi or Computer. I simply set it in my router using the mac address detected by the router, and it never ever gave any problem.

Setting fixed IP in router using mac address has advantage that reimaging the microSD card of Pi does not change its IP address.
      Yes. Understand and that is the way I had originally done mine. But it was suggested that perhaps a different way should be tried.

Comment

So after another clean install yesterday and setting the IP on the pi to something high in the range (.222) I am right back to the exact same problem I had before... I have to reboot the pi in order to get things to come alive.... Clipboard02.jpgClipboard01.jpg

Comment

And you can't SSH to the pi either?

Get a new router or a new pi.
          One of them is bad :P

Or you're still configuring something strange.
          You could not install anything on the piaware image and see if the problem persists i suppose.
          Seems unlikely ... oh well.
          Last edited by wiedehopf; 2020-10-17, 23:20.

Comment

FR24 ran most of the day until just now. Then it crashed. I cannot SSH into the pi at this point. I have to reboot the pi. If I decide to do a reload I will take your suggestion and only install FA and see what happens. My gut tells me that it is something with FR24. But it could be the pi or the router. Or it could be something I am doing or not doing. I had Spectrum come out and test my drop etc. They said everything they check was within their specs.

Comment

Originally posted by verdi View Post
              But it could be the pi or the router.
              Last year my 4-year old OrangePiPC started crashing frequently. I replaced power supply unit, but no use.

I then purchased another Orange PI PC Set 5 (computer board + case + 5v dc adaptor) for $23 from AliExpress.

When the new Orange Pi arrived, I simply slipped-out microSD card from old Orange Pi, slipped into new Orange Pi, and powered up the new Orange Pi. No crashes since then.

The old board went to trash, and I cut out the dc barrel pin of old 5V adapter, and connected adapter's wires to Bias-T to feed power to RTL-SDR Triple-Filtered LNA

Comment

Losing local wlan ssh connectivity + remote feed outtage notice is unlikely to be a power supply/crashing.

Especially as I understand it, video out on hdmi and direct control remains

But more a wifi thing. The only way to be sure is use a cable for a few days.
                Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                  But more a wifi thing. The only way to be sure is use a cable for a few days.
                  Like38x38.pngLike38x38.pngLike38x38.png

Comment

Unless the waters have been muddled. This is the understanding. And it's equally as confusing.

On wifi
                    Fr24feed stops
                    fr24 stats report outtage
                    Local dump1090-fa map complains of no source data

All above point to dump1090 or stick going offline

However

Advised FA remote status doesnt? (But no data sent? Which is still a data decode issue)
                    And local video works still?

But SSH fails.

This goes against all that and indicates the pi runs. But either the core OS os dropping remote services. Or a connectivity/local network issue.

It just doesn't make sense and needs further clarification
                    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

As I stated above... my FR24 system ran until just before 23:00 last evening (10/17/2020). I at that point I could not SSH into it and the map (1090) was not updating either. However, FA was still getting data. I did a pi reboot and went to bed. I get up this morning and its the same thing.... Cannot SSH, FR24 is crashed, FA is getting data, map was not updating...
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by verdi; 2020-10-18, 12:21.

Comment

However, this is after the pi reboot....

pi@piaware:~ $ sudo piaware-status
                        PiAware master process (piaware) is running with pid 543.
                        PiAware ADS-B client (faup1090) is running with pid 671.
                        PiAware ADS-B UAT client (faup978) is not running (disabled by configuration settings)
                        PiAware mlat client (fa-mlat-client) is running with pid 661.
                        Local ADS-B receiver (dump1090-fa) is running with pid 538.
                        dump1090-fa (pid 538) is listening for ES connections on port 30005.
                        faup1090 is connected to the ADS-B receiver.
                        piaware is connected to FlightAware.
                        dump1090 is producing data on localhost:30005.
                        Your feeder ID is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (configured at /boot/piaware-config.txt:96)

pi@piaware:~ $ sudo fr24feed-status
                        [ ok ] FR24 Feeder/Decoder Process: running.
                        [ ok ] FR24 Stats Timestamp: 2020-10-18 11:29:15.
                        [ ok ] FR24 Link: connected [UDP].
                        [ ok ] FR24 Radar: T-KIAG4.
                        [ ok ] FR24 Tracked AC: 23.
                        [ ok ] Receiver: connected (88889 MSGS/0 SYNC).
                        [FAIL] FR24 MLAT: not running ... failed!

Comment

When I setup the FR24 feed I think I let the setup use the autoconfig.... which I don't usually do. But in trying to figure out different variables I let it. See attached screenshots...
                          When I checked the FR24 feeder settings this morning I noticed that the FR24 autoconfig chose the incorrect receiver type and host IP. So I manually modified the receiver type and host IP to what I think I have been told is the settings to use.... MLAT now seems to be running even though according to the original FR24 setting page MLAT was supposedly indicated
                          to be used.....

[ ok ] FR24 Stats Timestamp: 2020-10-18 11:52:28.
                          [ ok ] FR24 Tracked AC: 0.
                          [ ok ] Receiver: connected (0 MSGS/ SYNC).
                          [FAIL] FR24 MLAT: not running ... failed!
                          [ ok ] FR24 Stats Timestamp: 2020-10-18 11:58:48.
                          [ ok ] FR24 Tracked AC: 28.
                          [ ok ] Receiver: connected (16935 MSGS/0 SYNC).
                          [ ok ] FR24 MLAT: ok [UDP].
                          [ ok ] FR24 MLAT AC seen: 26.
                          pi@piaware:~ $
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by verdi; 2020-10-18, 12:23.

Comment

Please approve my previous post #87 it was marked as potential spam...
                            Last edited by verdi; 2020-10-18, 12:44.

Comment

Doesn't the black hatched squares on FAs status page mean the same. online, no data sent.

Basically. If the dump1090 data map isnt updating. No signal is being received by it - more or less data isnt there, or anything being written to the SD card.

It needs to both receive data. Temporarily store it in jsons before forwarding/displaying.

It's independent of FR24 in that configuration so in saying still sending to FA, I think you'll find the same scenario while dead. It likely can't, but the established connection remains. (Or it sends ram data only)

With SSH also stopping, that is a major localised fault. Be it internal network stack, or SDcard/storage.

All of these are apps/services that may rely on data writes. Im unsure, but all tie in together to complete the process
                              Lighttpd
                              - running? (dump1090 map - ctrl f5 might say its also dead and using your browser cache.. you would need to try ping at same time)
                              Ssh - dead
                              Fr24feed - dead (likely failed restarts)
                              Piaware - poss partial
                              - 3 components, some may still run

​​​​​​
                              The only way around it I see - Don't just reboot. That masks things like no ram or write cache space left which can clear on reboot. You'll neeed to Connect directly with a screen and diagnose the card/space/why ssh service unable to run.

But if hdmi out is also down, that's eve more likely no write space

Was this ever done

This article expains how to expand the root filesystem in Raspbian using raspi-config.

Df
                              On its own will display usage.

Comment

I interpret the black hatch pattern to mean that no data is being received by FA. However if you are referring to my pic in the above post the black hatches are when I was rebuilding my pi - so of course there was no data being sent.

Now I have a question.... where does the data to populate the FA map come from? Does it come from pi directly??? or Does it come from FA via the data that was sent to FA and then return via internet??? So in other words is there a "direct" link from pi to map (:8080 port) or does the map data go to FA and then return to populate map???

Something else that doesn't make sense is if SSH is down and FR24 is down and map is down.... how come the FA hourly reports graph still shows that FA seems to be happy and receiving data?... bcz when everything else seems to be down there is no black hatch data in the hourly report graph... And I don't get a notification from FA telling me that my data has stopped

Comment

Working...
                                X