Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oblivian
    replied
    Losing local wlan ssh connectivity + remote feed outtage notice is unlikely to be a power supply/crashing.

Especially as I understand it, video out on hdmi and direct control remains

But more a wifi thing. The only way to be sure is use a cable for a few days.

Leave a comment:

• abcd567
    replied
    Originally posted by verdi View Post
    But it could be the pi or the router.
    Last year my 4-year old OrangePiPC started crashing frequently. I replaced power supply unit, but no use.

I then purchased another Orange PI PC Set 5 (computer board + case + 5v dc adaptor) for $23 from AliExpress.

When the new Orange Pi arrived, I simply slipped-out microSD card from old Orange Pi, slipped into new Orange Pi, and powered up the new Orange Pi. No crashes since then.

The old board went to trash, and I cut out the dc barrel pin of old 5V adapter, and connected adapter's wires to Bias-T to feed power to RTL-SDR Triple-Filtered LNA

Leave a comment:

• verdi
    replied
    FR24 ran most of the day until just now. Then it crashed. I cannot SSH into the pi at this point. I have to reboot the pi. If I decide to do a reload I will take your suggestion and only install FA and see what happens. My gut tells me that it is something with FR24. But it could be the pi or the router. Or it could be something I am doing or not doing. I had Spectrum come out and test my drop etc. They said everything they check was within their specs.

Leave a comment:

• wiedehopf
    replied
    And you can't SSH to the pi either?

Get a new router or a new pi.
    One of them is bad :P

Or you're still configuring something strange.
    You could not install anything on the piaware image and see if the problem persists i suppose.
    Seems unlikely ... oh well.
    Last edited by wiedehopf; 2020-10-17, 23:20.

Leave a comment:

• verdi
    replied
    So after another clean install yesterday and setting the IP on the pi to something high in the range (.222) I am right back to the exact same problem I had before... I have to reboot the pi in order to get things to come alive.... Clipboard02.jpgClipboard01.jpg

Leave a comment:

• verdi
    replied
    Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
    I have everything with fixed IP (see below), but I never set fixed IP in Pi or Computer. I simply set it in my router using the mac address detected by the router, and it never ever gave any problem.

Setting fixed IP in router using mac address has advantage that reimaging the microSD card of Pi does not change its IP address.
    Yes. Understand and that is the way I had originally done mine. But it was suggested that perhaps a different way should be tried.

Leave a comment:

• abcd567
    replied
    I have everything with fixed IP (see below), but I never set fixed IP in Pi or Computer. I simply set it in my router using the mac address detected by the router, and it never ever gave any problem.

Setting fixed IP in router using mac address has advantage that reimaging the microSD card of Pi does not change its IP address.

Desktop 192.168.0.10
    My Phone 192.168.0.11
    Her Majesty's Phone 192.168.0.12

Pi-1 192.168.0.21
    Pi-2 192.168.0.22
    Pi-3 192.168.0.23

Debian 10 on VM 192.168.0.31
    Ubuntu 20 on VM 192.168.0.32
    Kali 2020 on VM 192.168.0.33

Leave a comment:

• wiedehopf
    replied
    Well check the log as described on my howto page that has the instructions.
    Post the log here.

Or better.
    Start from the beginning and copy paste each line by itself.
    If there are errors check that you haven't screwed up the copy paste.

Leave a comment:

• verdi
    replied
    Yes that did it. I didn't think the second nameserver number looked correct when I copied it.
    So now I was able to go thru the FR24 feed install but I receive the following error....
    pi@piaware:~ $ sudo systemctl restart fr24feed
    Job for fr24feed.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
    See "systemctl status fr24feed.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

Leave a comment:

• wiedehopf
    replied
    Then you screwed up your network settings.

sudo piaware-config wireless-nameservers "8.8.8.8 4.4.4.4"
    sudo reboot

This should help.

Leave a comment:

• verdi
    replied
    I attempt to install FR24 feed but get error when I run the wget command. Error is...... trying to resolve.... https://repo-feed.flightradar24.com

Leave a comment:

• wiedehopf
    replied
    You can use this advice to install FR24: https://github.com/wiedehopf/adsb-wi...ADS-B-receiver

No, don't install a decoder or Raspbian, just follow the FR24 instructions ;P

Leave a comment:

• wiedehopf
    replied
    huh?

Are you asking for this URL??

Oh you mean probably this: https://discussions.flightaware.com/...install/30981/
    Last edited by wiedehopf; 2020-10-16, 17:47.

Leave a comment:

• verdi
    replied
    Originally posted by wiedehopf View Post
    If you configure a static IP, the RPi will ignore the router.

Not sure what the router does, but it would be programmed really badly if it would be an issue.

If you installed a gui any settings would clash with the piaware settings, so no i wouldn't recommend that.
    If you want to start with a gui, don't start with the piaware sd-card image but rather the image that has the gui.

Also you configured the IP once already in the piaware-config.txt in /boot, you could have taken out the sd-card or edited the file via command line.
    The command is just the most handy thing to do it with and it's really simple .....

Thank you for this info. It clears up a few things. I realized now that I could have removed the sd card and edited the config file.
    Bcz of this new info and realizing that i have probably bunged up a few things I did a new reinstall with the FA 4.0 image. So I am at the point where I have FA and the config file is using the .222 IP. How do I get the web part of FA configured with the new .222 IP? Also I now need to install FR24 and get that configured and feeding with the new IP. Sorry for being so lame but things are starting to come together in my understanding.....

Leave a comment:

• wiedehopf
    replied
    If you configure a static IP, the RPi will ignore the router.

Not sure what the router does, but it would be programmed really badly if it would be an issue.

If you installed a gui any settings would clash with the piaware settings, so no i wouldn't recommend that.
    If you want to start with a gui, don't start with the piaware sd-card image but rather the image that has the gui.

Also you configured the IP once already in the piaware-config.txt in /boot, you could have taken out the sd-card or edited the file via command line.
    The command is just the most handy thing to do it with and it's really simple .....
    Last edited by wiedehopf; 2020-10-16, 13:23.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X