Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FR24 blank, feed/page Timeouts = DDoS

From facebook:

⚠️ For the third time in two days Flightradar24 is under attack. Our engineers are working to mitigate the attack as quickly as possible and we hope to be back tracking flights soon. We appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconvenience. We will update this post with any new developments.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Account not needed to see or find out updates.

But you won't find them posted here

https://mobile.twitter.com/flightradar24
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

The decision to reveal military aircraft was a good one

Comment

I already wondered why I got a my-station-is-offline mail. Even restarted the RasPi.
        Well, guess have to wait then.
        T-EDLP28 / Paderborn / Germany

Comment

Seems to be manifesting in different ways.

Forum Users-
          cloudflare proxy checks or blank OK screen

website/app users-
          Fail to load main page
          Missing aircraft on map

Feeders-
          Stats show gaps
          Upload failures
          outage notification email
          Server connection failures in local feed status

What DDoS most likely likely shouldn't cause..and may be the dns or updated version causing on local Device

Feeder restart issue
          Feeder not showing traffic on local map
          Dump1090 crashing (unless server disconnected time-out restarts feeder - depends on configuration)
          Other feeds to go down (unless rely on fr24feed stating dump1090)

Comment

I’m not sure if the following is related to this post or if I have something unique going on with my system. I'm new to Pi and have been feeding data to Fr24 for a month and am using a Pi4-B and a RTL-SDR R820T2 RTL2832U DVB-T dongle attached to an outdoor, roof mounted 1090 MHz tuned antenna, at 1380 feet above sea level, and prior to last night, did see ~750-900 aircraft/day, with a max range of ~130 miles.

Last evening I noticed that my fr24feed-status window indicated that the FR24 Link and FR24 MLAT had both failed. I restarted my Pi and received an OK on all values in the fr24feed-status window, HOWEVER, the signal level and message rate graphs show a significant lose and the volume of aircraft seen on my dump1090/gmap.html is also greatly reduced. Now I am only seeing aircraft ~ 30 miles max. As far as I know, nothing physically has changed on my antenna system. Not sure what happened; hopefully someone can shed some light!

Comment

Originally posted by T-UCFL1 View Post
              Last evening I noticed that my fr24feed-status window indicated that the FR24 Link and FR24 MLAT had both failed.
              This is

Feeders-
              Stats show gaps
              Upload failures
              outage notification email
              Server connection failures in local feed status

I restarted my Pi and received an OK on all values in the fr24feed-status window, HOWEVER, the signal level and message rate graphs show a significant lose and the volume of aircraft seen on my dump1090/gmap.html is also greatly reduced. Now I am only seeing aircraft ~ 30 miles max. As far as I know, nothing physically has changed on my antenna system. Not sure what happened; hopefully someone can shed some light!
              This isn't

If you previously customized and didn't properly save any gain settings. There is your answer. The server issue will not make your local reception change. Only a software configuration adjustment or failure of hardware would.

Moral of the story is, don't touch anything to do with fr24feed at this time.

What DDoS most likely likely shouldn't cause..and may be the dns or updated version causing on local Device

Feeder restart issue
              Feeder not showing traffic on local map
              Dump1090 crashing (unless server disconnected time-out restarts feeder - depends on configuration)
              Other feeds to go down (unless rely on fr24feed stating dump1090)
              Last edited by Oblivian; 2020-09-29, 23:52.

Comment

I am very happy.
                Why?
                Because I have closed my eyes and stopped thinking about FR24.

After few days when I will open my eyes, FR24 will be OK.

Comment

They're back to promoting the site and movements.

With no 'we're back' notice.

Uploader has been stable for 11hrs hour. So potentially sorted.

Comment

https://www.flightradar24.com/blog/u...nded-downtime/

Comment

Working...
                    X