Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data feeding stops after a while recently

Hi,

have been running my feeder on an RPi2 (Buster) for some months without any really serious problems.
    But since the latest update of the fr24 feeder, feeding stops randomly.
    The status page of the feeder shows 0 aircrafts tracked and 0 uploaded.
    Also the Dump1090 screen shows no planes.
    After a sudo reboot all is fine for a while, sometimes 1 hour, sometimes for more.
    But in the end it just stops.

No errors in Syslog, and in the dump1090 just reports that no data is uploaded for a while.

Any other users having the same issue or having an advice how to resolve this or how to investigate the possible cause?

regards,

Erwin

https://forum.flightradar24.com/foru...latest-upgrade
    https://forum.flightradar24.com/foru...-receiver-down
    https://forum.flightradar24.com/foru...-start-at-boot

No Clear cause or reason as doesn't effect all
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

it seems there are some major problems with the fr24 server. .. Site was down for a little time today
      EDDI90 | RaspberryPi3B, Nooelec NESDR SMArt, homemade 7Element Collinear Antenna.

Comment

Originally posted by MillerBerlin View Post
        it seems there are some major problems with the fr24 server. .. Site was down for a little time today
        That is 502s to the web system (cloudflare). Less of an issue to feeders
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

I’ve read the mentioned posts, they all are referring to feeding issues, but are all slightly different.
          Can anyone advise me where to raise a ticket with FR?

regards,

Erwin

Comment

support@fr24.com Or on the web page under contact us.

The crux is some people get it. not all. And it might be DNS, it might be IPv6.
            It might be 'DVBT' mode users and dump1090 loading a common way that is too slow when asked to restart.

You can disable updates and roll back to an older version. But noone has reported back if that does infact fix it.

25-3 was stable - I remained on that until recently.
            26-3 may also be.
            Last edited by Oblivian; 2020-09-28, 06:19.

Comment

If my feed is broken, I am not the one who is the looser. It is FR24 who use and benefit from my data, and if my feed is broken, they are the looser.

If they dont care for it, why should I worry, boil, increase my blood pressure, and spoil my health and peace of mind?

Comment

There will be an influx if this is widespread

Just got my 1hr down alert.
                FR24 Link: Disconnected ()
                FR24 Radar Code: N/A

Comment

And just like that, Rolled back to 25-3 myself anyway.

I wasn't having all the IP/DNS/Stats outtages people were having. But just to be sure.

(stop service then, sudo wget repo-feed.flightradar24.com/rpi_binaries/fr24feed_1.0.25-3_armhf.deb)
                  (sudo dpkg -i fr24feed_1.0.25-3_armhf.deb)
                  Last edited by Oblivian; 2020-09-28, 08:27.

Comment

I am disconnected and get the "Cloudflare checking your bowser" issue today.

FR24 Link Disconnected ()
                    FR24 Radar Code:N/A

Comment

Originally posted by rsdiol View Post
                      I am disconnected and get the "Cloudflare checking your bowser" issue today.

FR24 Link Disconnected ()
                      FR24 Radar Code:N/A

Comment

Working...
                      X