Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 26-4 update - security error on port 8754

When I visit port 8754 I'm getting the following error

For security reasons the web interface is only availble from private class networks or after you have manually specified the bind-interface setting in /etc/fr24feed.ini
    Please set it to bind-interface="0.0.0.0" to accept traffic from all interfaces or to the IP address of your preferred network interface!
    For further assistance please contact support@fr24.com

I'm connecting to my Raspberry Pi & it's feeding with no problems.

I think I broke it when I tried out an adsbexchange script as it was working fine before I messed around.

Any ideas how I fix it?

I have the same issue today. I did nothing to the RPI zero that run dump-fa with the FR24 feeder. I run just fine for a months but it suddenly inaccessible via web interface today with the same error you have. I was trying to add bind-interface="0.0.0.0" to the /etc/fr24feed.ini and restart the pi with no success.

Any one have any idea how to fix this.
    The feeder running just fine as I can see from fr24feed-status as below.

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ fr24feed-status
    [ ok ] FR24 Feeder/Decoder Process: running.
    [ ok ] FR24 Stats Timestamp: 2020-09-14 16:14:37.
    [ ok ] FR24 Link: connected [UDP].
    [ ok ] FR24 Radar: T-VTCC10.
    [ ok ] FR24 Tracked AC: 0.
    [ ok ] Receiver: connected (967 MSGS/0 SYNC).
    [FAIL] FR24 MLAT: not running ... failed!

Comment

I am getting the same message when checking the local web page on port 8754. I noticed that there was a recent automatic update of fr24feed from version 1.0.26-3 to 1.0.26-4. I assume that this explains the new behaviour. Incidentally, I did edit my /etc/fr24feed.ini file to include bind-interface="0.0.0.0" but it hasn't worked as described, even after I stopped, disabled, enabled, and restarted the fr24feed service.

Aside from a fix to the problem described in this thread, could anyone please point us to a changelog showing what the version change involves? (Issuing "sudo apt changelog fr24feed" results in no information.)

Update/Edit: I found the changelog information

Code:
      # [1.0.26-4] - 2020-09-01

## Fixed

- Fixed possible crash when an IPv6 address is returned by DNS on a IPv4 only system.
      Thanks and best regards,
      Andreas / VA2WBT
      Last edited by AndreasWarby; 2020-09-14, 17:54.

Comment

Latest Changelog is available here:

https://repo-feed.flightradar24.com/CHANGELOG.md

(Open it with a text editor such as Notepad)

Comment

Oh joy.

It worked in 1 test system, Everyone else will be sweet right?

Yet another reason to kill the update cron
          Last edited by Oblivian; 2020-09-14, 19:01.
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

I have exactly the same issue, have emailed support in the hope that someone is working on it. I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

Comment

Same issue. Feed appears to be sending data, but web interface is down - I attempted to modify the /etc/fr24feed.ini with the bind-interface="0.0.0.0" but it had no effect.

Comment

The HTTP timeout setting has no "s if someone wishes to try this without - as it isn't a field that is present in the config itself with a named field I suspect.

It likely needs to be bind-interface=0.0.0.0

And don't forget to start/stop or restart the service
                Last edited by Oblivian; 2020-09-15, 01:19.
                Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

And come to think of it, if you stop service and start normal (sudo fr24feed). It normally will show if the switches are working or causing an error on the full output

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                    The HTTP timeout setting has no "s if someone wishes to try this without - as it isn't a field that is present in the config itself with a named field I suspect.

It likely needs to be bind-interface=0.0.0.0

And don't forget to start/stop or restart the service
                    Thanks! I gave this a try (without the quotation marks) and rebooted the Pi. (I had also used sudo systemctl stop fr24feed and sudo systemctl start fr24feed before I rebooted, but no change).
                    I'm fully willing to accept that I'm doing something wrong here as I've only been feeding data for less than two weeks, and still learning.

Same white screen with the message:

For security reasons the web interface is only availble from private class networks or after you have manually specified the bind-interface setting in /etc/fr24feed.ini Please set it to bind-interface="0.0.0.0" to accept traffic from all interfaces or to the IP address of your preferred network interface! For further assistance please contact support@fr24.com

Comment

Someones boobed up and their support email will suddenly be busier that it needed to be

do a sudo systemctl stop fr24feed
                      followed by
                      sudo fr24feed

And see if anything different now complains on startup

Ctrl-Z will kill it after it settles down

Comment

(I'm at work and disabled auto update. Or I would have been in a position to try)

Comment

There is now a new version out, which I installed manually using apt upgrade: 1.0.26-5 This seems to have fixed the problem of the broken local monitoring web page at port 8754.

Comment

Indeed very weird, also here the update has triggered this error message.
                            According to the manual of FR24FEED, bind-interface="0.0.0.0" should be the default option.

Quote:
                            --bind-interface=”IP_ADDRESS” - Changes the network interface that all FR24 Feeder services listen on. By default it listens on all available interfaces (0.0.0.0). This affects BS/RAW/MPX feeds as well as the WWW interface.

Adding the line to the ini file and restarting the RPi did not resolve the isse, so I reverted back to the previous ini setting.
                            Uploading data seems to be working fine, it's just the status website that's blocked.

Hopefully a new release will fix it...

Comment

Hi,

Sorry about 26-4 breaking the status page. We have released 26-5 just now with a fix. Your Pis should receive it within the next 24 hours. bind-interface="0.0.0.0" in /etc/fr24feed.ini will no longer be required to be present in order for the status page to be accessible.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.
                              --

Comment

Working...
                              X