Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raspberry pi stops feeding (freeze)

Hi,

i’ve go a Raspberry Pi 2 running on the latest version of Buster, which feeds data to FR24 and RadarBox using Dump1090 as described somewhere on this forum.
    Recently my RPi decided to “hang” with the only option to powercycle.
    The timeperiode in which the crashes occur lies around one week.
    Until now I was not able to track the issue.
    Using Glances on a daily basis does not return any noticable errors like memory leaks etc.
    I already change my power supply since my RPi reported some errors in syslog, the errors are gone, but the freezes continue.

Does anyone have an advise on how to track the cause using tooling or browsinglogs that were captured just before the crash?

Update: syslog starts reporting “can’t connect to Airnav server” and somewhat further,”can’t connect to external resource”
    My internet connection is up and no issues on my other devices...

Regards,

Erwin
    Last edited by Erwin Sprengers; 2020-08-19, 17:21.

I had this happen recently and it was related to the power adapter.

This can be one of the most important parts of your RPi.

If you have another power brick, give it a try and see if it starts working.

Comment

Originally posted by glen4cindy View Post
      I had this happen recently and it was related to the power adapter.

This can be one of the most important parts of your RPi.

If you have another power brick, give it a try and see if it starts working.
      Indeed initially thought this was the issue, since syslog reported power problems.
      But after replacing the power supply by a top brand power supply with sufficient wattage the issue remains.
      I also activated a script that restarts the network when it is down, but it seems that internal connection remain alive so the script passes the check.

My other devices do not show problems when connecting to the Internet.

regards,

Erwin

Comment

Working...
      X