Full screen "browser" window on Pi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full screen "browser" window on Pi

I'm brand new to hosting FR24. Like, tonight new. Seems to be running fine, it picked up the single plane that flew by, but I have a question about the user interface... Is it normal for the FR24 "browser" window to only use about a quarter of my monitor? I've tried right clicking to full screen, no changes. Can't pull the edges of the window. Anything I might be able to change, or do I just need to live with it? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

There is no browser with the feeder that we've been told about?

You'll need a screenshot or further information how you are seeing something

Generally most don't use the pi video out of that is what you are doing. Rather use browser on another device and connect remotely
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

It's the standard GUI for the feeder, that shows the radar name, your internal IP, plus the settings link, restart service link, terminate service, etc. I say browser because it's apparently a web browser that shows the feeder data. When you click the link to see your reported aircraft, then click the aircraft itself, it opens the actual flightradar24.com webpage that you're supposed to be able to track the plane on. Basically, the entire interface only takes up the upper left quarter of the monitor. I'd love to post a screen shot, but I'm not exactly sure how that will work.

Comment

A photo from a phone would help as much as a full screenshot. Or confirming you have an HDMI or monitor directly into the PI and seeing this?

There traditionally is no GUI. Always been headless/console/SSH text only that you could view from a web browser on a phone or another computer on http://ipofpi:8754

If you are only looking at the video out direct, that's some messed up integrated status page thing that was introduced with the last image update. Someone else has mentioned it previously as they wanted to know how to get a mouse to work to click the links on the page (next to impossible)

As there's no documentation or technical info on it from the FR team.. good luck

Stuck as much as the rest of us.
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Install a decoder with a proper local webinterface ....

Even using /dump1090 is better than :8754 and /dump1090 should be available by default.

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
            There traditionally is no GUI. Always been headless/console/SSH text only that you could view from a web browser on a phone or another computer on http://ipofpi:8754

If you are only looking at the video out direct, that's some messed up integrated status page thing that was introduced with the last image update. Someone else has mentioned it previously as they wanted to know how to get a mouse to work to click the links on the page (next to impossible)
            THAT explains it. I didn't realize it was supposed to be headless, and I guess I didn't see documentation about the :8754 port. Looking at it from a tablet, although not "full screen," it works much better.

In case anyone else is looking for similar info, I'll upload my pictures of my display... You'll see the top left quarter is the status screen, then the second picture is of the Flightradar24 site after clicking on one of the tracked flights. The main window is also top corner, but you'll see the right-click menu works on the rest of the screen.

Thank you for your help! IMG_20200712_123640.jpgIMG_20200712_123855.jpg
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X