dump1090 timeout issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dump1090 timeout issue

Hi guys, I'm 1 full week into using dump1090 and fr24 feed, and I've truly got the bug!

This morning I noticed id had very low tracked numbers on fr24 and on looking at the dump1090 map it was empty despite activity in my area (visible on fr24), tried restarting the dump1090 and rebooting the pi, and then got the strangest thing.

dump1090 comes backup and I can see tracked planes but they almost immediately timeout and disappear after the 60 age timeout. I'm now totally stuck and wondered if anyone could steer me into a solution

thanks
    dale

How odd - not 1 hour later and without any further changes my dump1090 is now full of aircraft again - working

Comment

60 age timeout = out of range, no signal for at least 1min

So they do drop off once out of range. It may be your reception is small
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Thank oblivian maybe I wrote the above incorrectly, I meant when I restarted dump1090 there were aircraft directly above me (not out of range) but the age timed out, as if dump1090 was running immediately after the restart but then stopped and therefore could not track the aircraft (they timed out) even thought their location was above me etc

Comment

Too strong signal due to nearness (directly overhead), causing overload and blocking.

Reduce gain setting from --gain -10 to --gain 48 or even less.

Comment

can you guys confirm this is the gain issue from this quick vid

Cheers

Comment

Could be a power issue, check here: https://github.com/wiedehopf/adsb-wi...s#undervoltage

Comment

Working...
              X