X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADS-C support added

Hi all,

I am happy to announce that we have added support for ADS-C data. One of our members Andrew rch38084 has written a detailed guide on how to start and get your setup going (thank you, Andrew). If you are interested in setting up your ADS-C feed, please take a look and if you have any questions you can ask Andrew for help here.

--

Thanks very much for this info. I've been wondering about ADS-C

Comment

Nice catch this evening from ADS-C Satellite 4F1 of a South African Airbus A340... SAA2983 ZS-SNF out of BNE for JNB about to head out over the Indian Ocean @ position 44 degrees south, 119 degrees east, F330.
      Attached Files

Comment

Some more traffic to the northeast of Japan this evening on ADS-C Inmarsat 4F1.
        Attached Files

Comment

VRS listing of some of the current 100 aircraft being tracked this evening on ADS-C Inmarsat 4F1.
          Attached Files

Comment

Andrew rch38084 : Great tutorial, thanks!
            However, I doubt whether it will be possible to receive the Inmarsat 4-F2 (63.9E) in the Netherlands/UK (with a small dish).
            The Alphasat (24.8E Inmarsat 4A-F4) supports the Inmarsat Aero protocol and has a larger footprint in the EU/Africa.

Comment

Hi NLPD1S, yes you will struggle with a small dish. Alphasat will be your best option with a larger dish. However, if you have a smaller dish now you can always try and see what sort of results you can achieve and if it's encouraging then move up in size. Cheers Andrew

Comment

LATAM Airlines flight LAN1174 CC-BGD Boeing 787-9 Sydney-Santiago, Chile just passing over New Zealand heading deep into the South Pacific Ocean. This flight will be tracked by ADS-C Inmarsat satellites.
                Attached Files

Comment

What options would be to receive ADS-C from eastern shore of US?

Comment

From Inmarsat coverage map, I4 F3 should cover North America. Screenshot 2021-10-14 193234.png In Dishpointer.com can put in your location and select 97.6W Inmarsat 4 F3

Screenshot 2021-10-14 194026.png

Comment

Hi I can share it with raspberry pi 3 or only pc ?

Comment

PC only, there are approximately 19 channels meaning you would need to run 19 Jaero's which will take quite a load.

Comment

Any help for me ?

Comment

Working...
                          X